Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2008 2:06pm

Style: Glock 19

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicabonita
    Can we Link Lighthouse to the Tae Yun Kim article on Wikipedia ? That way people searching her company online can at least know that there is controversy surrounding her. Is that within the rules ?

On another note, last night I had a dream about TYK. Her and I got into a yelling match, lol. In the past, my previous dreams with her involved avoiding her, or talking to her and pretending to be nice to her. In this dream, I was arguing with her and raising my voice to her on the phone in front of my mom and other COL members. In the dream she was mad because I didn't consult her before I did a performance in a music video (please don't ask) I was basically telling her that she couldn't tell me what do do and that I could do whatever the hell I wanted to do. And that I was going to do the video. It was funny. The funny part is that the other COL women in the dream as well as my mom didn't even pay attention and let me yell at her.
    Of course we could, and it is named in at least one of the articles. However, I don't know that it is important, and i don't think that it is a good idea, based ont hat fact that it could be interpreted as an attempt to cause harm.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2008 6:05pm

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Failed Student
    Bemused -

You brought up the issue of deprivation diets, (somewhere at the end of Part 2 ) and this troubles me. Even the Nazis gave their prisoners more food than TYK does to those she is punishing. At least those prisoners got some cabbage soup and a chunk of bread every day. Does TYK understand that she is playing a dangerous game with the health of those she punishes? One simply cannot survive on an apple a day for a week, or some of the other extreme measures you mentioned. Dehydration will cause kidney failure, lack of a balanced diet upsets the electrolytes, and it would not be much of a stretch to imagine someone having cardiac arrest. How would she feel if that were to happen to one of her followers? There would be an autopsy and then the cat would be out of the bag for sure.. Blood values and tissue samples would confirm the cause.

Additionally I find the idea of being confined to one's room repugnant. That is illegal imprisonment. Just this morning I read about a woman who was made to live in a basement, was tortured, and finally died as a result of her maltreatment. Again, this could happen to any one of the COLies or whatever they choose to call themselves now.

As for lack of sleep, a recent study proved an increased incidence of diabetes and weight gain. The brain area that controls appetite (amygdala), is affected by sleep deprivation and the body is tricked into thinking it wants food when that is not the case.

Wake up fools and get the hell out of there while you still have a vestige of health and a bit of dignity left. If you don't, the poor food and lack of sleep will take it's toll, and you will die an early death. Is that what you want? Is that serving her "purpose"?
    I once went as long as five days without food or water, but it was voluntary, a birthday program. Going without food wasn't too bad, but water was hard. Fortunately I retain water like a camel and I didn't suffer too much.

It's difficult to assess how voluntary or involuntary the programs JML, JH, and CKC endured were. There was always a risk in refusing any program, that you would be dismissed from COL or at least viewed as not a serious member. There was also the hope that a program would have the miraculous purifying effect that TYK promised. All three women had expressed various forms of frustration just prior to their programs. Maybe they were having doubts that they hoped TYK could erase.

Seven days without food or water, not speaking to anyone and only leaving one's room to go to the bathroom is tough. That's what each of those women endured within about a month of each other in 1998. It was the first time I saw serious fasting that didn't seem voluntary and that seemed cruel. JML left soon afterward, and I left about six months after she did.

I never observed anyone being tortured, although the Three Blind Mice incident (page 126 of the first thread) I would call torture. I find that account believable given TYK's obsession with sexual transgressions and love of ritual.

Still, I don't think TYK would let anyone be seriously physically harmed. She seems to have a sense of what each person can take. If someone ended up in the hospital because of one of her programs it would be really bad PR.

Lord High Commander of the Super-Secret Order of The Invisible Pink Unicorn

Chuckling at Kyung-ae's purchased honors.

Posted On:
    3/22/2008 6:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Pet Kat Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm glad the wikipedia article was removed. At least now, that bogus puffed up frog of a woman cannot go claiming to be a 'grandmaster' without having someone ask if the emperor is actually wearing clothes. Many years ago, her credentials were questioned and she wasn't able to provide anything to substantiate her claims. I think it was Black Belt magazine that posted an article pointing out that little nugget and also questioning her claim to participating in "The Pre-World Games". She had some COL'ies try and write letters to the editor, but without any facts to back up her version of history, it simply came across as puff and bluster... signifying nothing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2008 7:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I proposed ti for deletion. I'd really prefer a third part editor jsut step in...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2008 9:17pm

Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why is she so dissatisfied with the women and their weight? I find it so interesting that the "oinker" puts all the woman on diets yet she sucks hers out with lipo, stretches her skin with plastic surgery and pumps up her lips and boobs with silicone.

How can another woman honor her when she is just a big silicone of lies? Everything she tells others not to do she does behind their backs. Everything she tells them to do, she thinks she is too good to do. With this information, you can understand why an outsider may think that the COl'ers are stupid to stay with her.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2008 11:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, she has seriously hurt many, many people!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/23/2008 9:57pm

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Elsewhere we have discussed TYK's attitude toward women, which seems to range from secret envy to obvious contempt. What puzzles me is why she invites female students into COL at all. I think she does so for two reasons: so she can present an image of being a "role model" for women, and so her male COL students have hope of being in a relationship someday. For both purposes she finds it best to try to clone herself, to impose her identity on the women. But of course she isn't willing go so far as to pay for plastic surgery for them. Physically this identity imposition is done with diet, makeup, clothes, etc. Mentally this identity imposition involves squelching the women's own identities and self-esteem.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2008 8:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2008 8:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When are the col'ers going to stop with the shovels cleaning after the elephant parade? I'm not a PhD and never claimed to be but even an idiot can see that they are truly are a bunch of sicko's not seeing reality.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2008 8:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm willing to testify what I know, anyone else??
Page 2 of 156 FirstFirst 12 34561252102 ... LastLast