218358 Bullies, 7581 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1556
Page 143 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143 144145146147153 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/17/2010 11:05am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Clarehoare, MBF needs to get the terms straight - slander is spoken, and libel is written. Also, there are many levels of libel, but basically, it is something written or pictured which incorrectly defames a person or entity with malicious intent. In other words, TYK would need to prove that your words are false AND that you wrote them to injure JSW / TYK. Neither of which is the case.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2010 11:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Original article: http://english.chosun.com/site/data/...051461012.html

TYK version: http://www.gonorthstar.com/whatsnew.php?mainlinkidpk=2

TYK’s webmaster omitted this paragraph:

“Now, on a visit to her homeland to give a lecture, she found time to talk to the Chosun Ilbo on Tuesday. Asked about her striking appearance -- hair died brown and heavy makeup -- she says, “How do I look? Do I look peculiar? But my singular appearance was the strategy I as a small Asian woman adopted to survive in a Caucasian-dominated society. If I looked ordinary in the vast land of America, I wouldn’t have stood out in any way at all.”

Yup…TYK you do look peculiar

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2010 11:50am

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can't be sued successfully for slander or libel for telling the truth, or for giving your opinion, or for a parody. As Carson said, the person who feels they've been libeled or slandered has to prove that you have knowingly represented a lie about them as the truth with the intent to harm them.

No only that, but in California a strategic lawsuit against public participation (SLAPP, google it) is illegal. If someone tries to sue you for revealing facts they would rather keep secret, knowing they will lose but with the intent of scaring you or draining you financially, they have to pay your legal fees. If you think you are the victim of a SLAPP, you can do what's called a SLAPP-back, where you countersue before your legal fees mount. Just FYI.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2010 12:27pm

Style: My Own Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    Clarehoare, MBF needs to get the terms straight - slander is spoken, and libel is written. .
    Thanks Carson - I didn't know that :-)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2010 5:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello all. Yes, Libel is printed. I also meant to say libel in an earlier post. I also added some of you to my contacts here, but since I am not sure who you all are, I am not going to divulge my actual identity to those contacts. My friend knows you. Looking to start up blogs where there aren't strict terms of use. Any ideas? Any takers? Let's give them a tabloid style 'expose the truth' but not libel site somewhere, or everywhere. Ha! Let you know if I find one. Ha. If the truth fits, take it. Ha.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2010 5:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Recovering COL and JSW student forums coming soon. Under parody and under discussion and editorial, even the current ones can comment and refute, but there will be no closing down because there will be no libel."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2010 2:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello this Saturday afternoon! If this forum is to go ahead with 'finding the truth' it might have to continue making 'waves' on the net, with opinion pieces and testimonials. A few sources on other sites later, and a wikipedia page could be allowed. You've done this before, but not exactly right. If you make a site for said personality, TYK, and then document with sources where 'allegations' and 'other versions' of the story exist, and post links to court documents also, then that's not libel. You would merely be printing the editorials of former students (with their explicit permission). Freedom of speech indicates you can discuss anything so long as it doesn't act libelous. Also if you really do want to express yourselves (anonymously preferred), blogs and chat rooms are great for that.

And if you are going to be a bit of a 'scandal sheet' or tabloid about it, do not be afraid to also express your dislike for practices of TYK's higher ups, who are involved in the same dealings she is in. Some of you have done it many times here.

I am not advocating a 'take down' or anything. I'm not saying let's 'rat on the instructors'. I'm saying this could be moved to other boards and forums too. Someday there will be enough press that potential students will not go to the academy, like the one who found Clare's comment.

You should make the 'opposing press' more popular than the actual press. Nothing vindictive and sneaky, nothing truly nasty, just truth and facts and consequences. Then it's a matter of opinion. The PR guys can't do anything about that.

For example, the often talked about video and press where TYK's people claim she was a grandmaster before moving to Vermont. Now we have at least two posters who knew her in Vermont! They have said she was only 'third degree' black belt and trained at her brother's school. You could have the PR story alongside the 'alleged' story and the 'other opinion story', and if possible, a note of confirmation from her brother. Then people could make up their own minds. After all, even if her records 'mysteriously were lost in a fire in Vermont'. his were not. Were they? He would have a record of the students under him.

I agree with Carson that it is not necessary to air her dirty laundry about the intimacy in TYK's life. That's a low blow. However the divorce court records could be documented and are somewhere. They could be added to a discussion out there too. Only public ones though.

Back to the 'grandmaster' origin story, it's very interesting and tells the matter of how does a woman about 22 at the time, (in 1967) call herself a Grandmaster in Vermont and then come to California and do it again for another generation?

It's also interesting looking back that according to Tang Soo Do and Tae Kwon Do records, a person does not attain the rank of master until they're at least 35. Grandmaster is not attained until at least 55. So how did TYK do this when dozens of other likely students of the arts also started at 12 and they didn't call them selves Master until much later, well into their 30s? These are questions that the upper COL people still in the know should be able to answer, openly.

I will no doubt get some inner circle guy on here shortly saying 'how dare you discredit our holy glorious Grandmaster's title' To when I would say, this is only an editorial and an opinion. Post proof of her actual credentials and viola! Not just stuff she had reprinted shortly after BS started ratting on her, but rather, actual documents, from the base, from the Vermont school, and from the brother.

You know why they haven't produced them? You believe they do not exist. Perhaps they don't.

Okay, that example was long, but you get the idea. Getting the word out will change the world. It might also prevent more 'unlawful acts' to happen in the future should she decide to go somewhere else.
    Last edited by kittyki; 6/19/2010 2:32pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2010 2:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My friend has seen TYK perform amazing stunts, do a few kicks and punches, and then let her higher ups do the rest. You've discussed all of the students, from fire walking (not a big deal with proper training), to the bed of nails, to walking on eggs (of which there is a tricky explanation).

"Grandmaster likely officially became a 'Grandmaster' in 1985 when she moved to California, even though she would have been 40, a little young, but she reportedly started around 12. And she did base forms back in the day too."

Or perhaps it was 1989 when (her version of) ATC split from the TKD federation, of which there are records, and became Jung SuWon. That would be more consistent, and because she was then a GM she promoted SHS to master in 1990.

Yes there are two ATCs. She also had some issues with them over copyrights. Irony!

Anyway, continue to look for additional places to have forums! :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2010 6:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tae Yun Kim stole years of my life and destroyed the relationships that I had with my family and friends. She is a modern day master thief not martial arts master. She manipulated us, stole our time, money, mind, freewill and souls. Through Jung SuWon and Lighthouse Worldwide Solutions she continues to brainwash her students, employees and worshippers.

Her life is a lie and the truth should be told over and over again. There was no Jodie Foster, no Robin Williams, no Hilary Clinton or any other famous interview or relationship. No Barbara Walters, no Ethel Kennedy or any other real celebrity sent her flowers. She is a fake and a fraud that hides behind her instructors, make-up, jewels, clothes and plastic surgery.

TYK is alive but rotting from inside because she knows that her best years have already been and are gone. There will be no COL City, no Oprah interview, no movie and no Korean presidency.

Kittyki, the truth should be told to prevent others from entering her web. TYK teaches her worshippers that it you can turn a perfectly clear glass of water red with only a little bit of red juice. You list the blogs, the truth will be written and the glass of water will always be red for TYK. TYK deserves lifetimes of mental torment for all the suffering that she put so many through.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2010 8:40pm

Style: My Own Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kungfu4u:

You apparently have been on the inside for some time, as you definitively state that TYK is just a superficial persona who has fabricated an aura of greatness about herself.
    I wonder whether something is happening concerning cults - not only TYKs group, but I read now that $cientology has seen some of it's top lieutenants defect in recent months.
    Add to that, the pedophilia scandal within the previously sacrosanct Catholic church, and I believe there is truly an upheaval of cosmic proportions in the works.
    Perhaps people are finally waking up, questioning, and demanding the truth.
    I shall sit back, relax, and sip my cosmo as I watch it all unfold.