222454 Bullies, 4386 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1556
Page 112 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2009 2:12pm

Style: My Own Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The two previous posts make me realize how far removed I am from the madness of Tae Yun Kim, both in time and in my life process. At the least, she is deranged, asking to have absolute power over her followers. It is criminal to ask a student to stop taking vital medication and "trust" in her. Trust seems to be the operative word with her. If you don't go along with her craziness, then you don't "trust" her.

Hyeongsa, I'd be curious to know what rituals were declined by Som Tong participants. I'm sure it was more than my reluctance to go butt nekkid into the sweat tent. There were people who came to our Ultimate Weekend and one actually hid in the woods rather than participate. TYK expalined away this situation by sayong the guy had the hots for her and felt ashamed. Oh puhleeze!

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/20/2009 2:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Jung SuWOn

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I liked the Som Tong only because I felt the toxins leaving my body through the sweating. But we weren't in there very long and we went to it after we had a big meal. I know when my niece came to SDW...she didn't go to the Som Tang, tyk just kinda ignored her the rest of the weekend. But it didn't matter to my niece cause she didn't like her, and hated her actually for she felt she took me away from my my family.
    The real deal. No muss, no fuss, just truth

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/20/2009 2:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Jung SuWOn

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do remember them saying the Sam Tang could be toxic itself if the rocks weren't clean, that they couldn't have anything on them at all. Maybe one of the instructors that brought the rocks to it could explain more.
    The real deal. No muss, no fuss, just truth

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2009 6:10pm

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I found some info on the benefits and dangers of the sauna, which is what the Sam Tang is, despite TYK's religification of it. It can be beneficial, but it can be deadly if not conducted properly or for people with certain medical conditions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sauna

http://www.ehow.com/about_4568255_da...ing-sauna.html

TYK was smart to limit the number of people and the duration. She was also smart to have people chant the entire time. That way, if someone stopped chanting, she would know there was something wrong. She did some stupid things, but as far as I was able to observe, she conducted the Sam Tang responsibly.

I remember one woman who asked to be let out of the Sam Tang early but who otherwise seemed to enjoy the weekend. She was a JSW student, but non-COL. I don't remember her being given a hard time about it. I also remember a couple of times when attendees refused to go in, but I don't remember what was said to them. TYK was selective about applying pressure.

TYK had a thing about not letting women on their period into the Sam Tang. A woman can be mildly anemic at this time of the month, but I don't see how this matters if the woman is healthy otherwise. I think it was some sort of religious "impurity" thing.

I can only remember one person who had a major problem in the Sam Tang, and it was psychological, not physical. I was in the Sam Tang when it happened. TYK was going on about rebirth, as she typically did. A non-JSW, non-COL attendee freaked out, claiming to remember her mother holding her legs together to try to prevent her from being born. She started screaming. TYK had the woman sit next to her so she could calm the woman down, which she succeeded in doing.

I was among those who enjoyed the Sam Tang. I felt very relaxed afterwards.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2009 8:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just think Sam Tang is wrong. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2009 9:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of these days I would like to do a sauna without all the New Age quasi-religious BS that TYK brought to it. I think I would enjoy it more. A sauna is like any experience, some people like it, some don't.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2009 11:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bemused View Post
    One of these days I would like to do a sauna without all the New Age quasi-religious BS that TYK brought to it. I think I would enjoy it more. A sauna is like any experience, some people like it, some don't.
    I take saunas at my sports club. it's really invigorating, especially in the winter. I've also done outdoor hot tubs in the winter, then rolled in the snow, and back again in the hot tub. It's great.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/26/2009 7:13am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jung SuWon

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For those currently in COL, what takes more inner strength: Breaking a brick or leaving TYK's Cult? Ponder that.

If you really want to

"Become the driver in your life"
    "Not be a pond fish"
    "Take ownership of your life"
    "Be the true Warrior"
    "Make a differance"

try leaving, it isn't too late.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2009 6:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hyeongsa View Post
    For those currently in COL, what takes more inner strength: Breaking a brick or leaving TYK's Cult? Ponder that.

If you really want to

"Not be a pond fish"
    "Be the true Warrior"
    "Make a differance"

Ah yes, the "pond fish" remark. TYK used to say that we shouldn't be a large fish in a small pond, but rather strive to be a small fish in a large pond. I beg to differ.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2009 9:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hyeongsa View Post

If you really want to

"Not be a pond fish"
    "Be the true Warrior"
    "Make a differance"

TYK's slogans are ironic, to say the least.

In COL, you need permission to deviate from your daily COL-Lighthouse-JSW circuit, to see your family or spend time with non-COL people, or to have a romantic relationship. Such relationships must be with another COL student of the opposite sex, with TYK's permission and full knowledge of what you do together. In COL, TYK is the driver in your life.

"Not be a pond fish"

COL is a small pond dominated by one enormously bloated fish: TYK. The other fish can't grow very big because TYK takes most of the food. They can't swim very far without bumping into TYK, and TYK likes it that way. To be an ocean fish, you have to leave COL.

"Ownership" and "driving" are used in the same metaphoric sense, and in COL, TYK is the owner of your life. In the literal sense, everything TYK uses except Lighthouse is owned by her fanatically loyal senior instructors, but in name only. When AG left COL, he lost the assets with which he had been entrusted. TYK doesn't fully trust her most devoted minions though. When she was thinking about moving to New Mexico, she had SHS and SAK buy a house together. SHS is married to EAS and SAK to TCS, so if SHS or SAK ever tried to claim ownership, it would be messy.

If you are a not so privileged COL student, you are lucky if you own even a used car. TYK overcharges and underpays her COL students, leaving them so broke they can barely get by. Most have huge credit card debts, and at least four have filed for bankruptcy. "Owe-nership" is a better term for being in COL.

"Be the true Warrior"

The dictionary definition of "warrior" is "a man engaged or experienced in warfare" or "a person engaged in some struggle or conflict." Obviously the first definition doesn't apply. But being in COL can really be a struggle. To "spread Grandmaster's energy" to an unwilling world can be frustrating and even humiliating. But it's not a struggle akin to the War on Poverty. It's not even close.

Much of that "struggle" is TYK's delusional paranoia. She thinks she's so cosmically important that Satan himself is thwarting her plans. This "struggle" is nothing more than a fantasy.

"Make a difference"

TYK has helped some people. They've quit smoking/drinking/drugs, lost weight, or resolved personal problems. Non-COL martial arts students often do better because TYK demands less of them. COL students are constantly reminded of how TYK has helped them as a guilt trip to make them work harder. But can her help be compared to, say, the Betty Ford Center, Weight Watchers, or cognitive-behavioral therapy, which have helped tens of thousands with measurable effectiveness? I don't think so.
    Last edited by bemused; 10/26/2009 9:28pm at .