222230 Bullies, 4421 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1556
Page 105 of 156 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105 106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/18/2009 9:52am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jung SuWon

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great posts Failed Student, Bemused and Kathy! Bemused you hit it with the Bible verses and TYK's take on each. TYK claims that Isaiah 60 was specifically written for her. It has been studied over and over by the group. Each time she is the center of the scripture and therefore worthy of all the more praise and devotion from them.

Kathy, you got it right, the greatest commandment is to love the Lord with all our hearts. Unfortunetly for COL they are instructed to include TYK as an integral part of their faith and relationship with God. It is one thing to be a spiritual leader and guide students and quite another to insist that they MUST include TYK to receive salvation and direct messages from God.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2009 6:50pm

Style: My Own Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hyeongsa View Post
    I have heard that TYK does on occasion take her closest students to Mass. However they cannot attend without her or by their own decision. TYK "invites" them. If they are working on a "special project" for her, they will be excluded..
    Am I missing something here? TYK's students can only attend the religious service SHE attends? What about freedom of religion? What about the right to worship in the church of one's choice, even if it is not the same as TYK's?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised to read this in light of all the other restrictions placed upon her students. Still, it would be nice if they got one day off to rest...you know, even God rested on the seventh day.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 4:47am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The COL students have given up their rights and have no "days off". And yes, seriously, going to church without TYK's invitation is more than frowned upon.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 4:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Jung SuWOn

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How many body guards does she take into Church? Someone to cover her front, back and side? Is it like when we used to go to the movies? Course now she really has people that are not too happy with her. No matter what they all say, it has to be a hard life now. May God Bless them all, and The Lord's light shine down upon them to help them realize they are worshiping a false God. Very serious business.
    The real deal. No muss, no fuss, just truth

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2009 8:59pm

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hyeongsa View Post
    The COL students have given up their rights and have no "days off". And yes, seriously, going to church without TYK's invitation is more than frowned upon.
    Not long before I left COL I tried to take Sundays off to work on my music--my favorite spiritual activity. SHS asked to meet with me and then asked me if I wanted to leave. He said that writing background music for TYK's TV show would be contributing to "our purpose" but doing my own thing was not.

This was one of the factors that led to my leaving. Another was that my "fiance" was avoiding me (I found out after discovering Bullshido that he had been hiring prostitutes while working in Asia). Yet another was that I was transferred to Lighthouse's purchasing department and MP and I ended up not getting along--TYK's manipulations, no doubt.

Looking back, I think the strongest factor ran deeper. I was depressed, exhausted, frustrated, disillusioned. I felt like nothing I did was ever good enough. That feeling of being special that TYK gave me at the beginning had finally worn off completely, and nothing TYK did could restore it.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 12:52am

supporting member
     Style: Jung SuWOn

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are special Bemused. You are and were one of the most talented people in COL. Not only with your mind but with your music. I love your voice. Funny how we let someone like her decide what our self worth was. We all have weak times in our life. We are lucky that the good Lord helps us over those hurdles and teaches us what love is really about. I can see how much you have grown, just by reading what you have to say. You could never had done that if you had stayed with her. She wanted to use your talents but you could not take any credit for it. She would have you believe it was her that gave you those talents. All of what you went through, all of us actually, has made us stronger people. It was one day at a time, but it does come.
    The real deal. No muss, no fuss, just truth

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 7:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah, yes, TYK wanted to take credit for every COL member's strengths and blame COL for all her weaknesses. If we tested well, looked good, or did something to attract attention, we had to thank TYK profusely or she would resent us. But if an event didn't go exactly the way she wanted, it was our fault, never hers.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/23/2009 8:24pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bemused, didn't you give TYK piano lessons?

Everything must revolve around TYK or she has a meltdown. If you watch the uTube of "The Bride" there is a lot of thanking towards TYK when the bride does her break and hardly a mention of the groom. Only TYK is allowed the spotlight and center of attention. It will always be this way.

Bemused you are gifted musically and as with each person's individual, God given talents, TYK must see to it that they are all directed towards her selfish needs. Now you are free from her and your music must be more amazing than ever!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2009 12:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, Hyeongsa, I did give TYK one piano lesson. She didn't want to learn the basics. She wanted to learn just one song so that she could show off, like she does with her guitar and flute. She talks about what a great student she is, but it's BS.

After I left COL I joined the Northern California Songwriter's Association (now West Coast Songwriters) and worked very hard. I learned a ton about songwriting, playing, singing, and stage presence. Now I perform with my hubby at local coffeehouses, farmers markets, art walks, and house concerts. I've received compliments from people ranging from Nashville publishers to music magazine editors to local DJs to the head of A&R at Virgin Records. I almost got one of my more country-ish songs into Nashville. As a 45-year-old folkie, I'm not likely to actually get promoted by the biz. I earn some money, but not enough to cover my expenses. That was never the point anyway. The point is that I'm doing what I love to do, in my own way.

By the way, DDJ is also out and pursuing music. We get together and jam periodically. Jdms (JO) is also doing something creative, designing fashions for high-end boutiques. Chicabonita (SG) studies Middle Eastern dance.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2009 12:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hyeongsa, if you don't mind my asking, what led you to leave COL? Cult leaders spin such a tangled web of manipulation that I'm always curious how people find their way out.