218300 Bullies, 6089 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1556
Page 104 of 156 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104 105106107108114154 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 9:37am

Style: My Own Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for this info Hyeongsa.

I've been printing out the posts from the past several days and they will be very useful as I hone my presentation into its final form.

I remember in my first interview with TYK that she stated she wanted to be the Buddha..but that was when her mother had the temple which the students were encourage to attend. Now that she's switched to Christianity, she wants to be Jesus incarnate. Really, what delusions of grandeur. Jesus was not interested in material wealth and if He lived today, wouldn't be chauffered around in a Mercedes, living in a mansion, and having his followers slave for him.

So it appears that TYK has integrated Buddhism and Christianity by teaching about reincarnation. Not a bad concept in itself, because the Episcopal priest I spoke with said I need not abandon Buddhism.

This sleep deprivation however is troubling. The processes that occur within various centers of the brain are compromised, from eating aberrations to hallucinations and everything in between. Nothing is gained and much is to be lost, including longevity. This is one of the building blocks of brainwashing, so the less sleep the subject gets, the more vulnerable they are to accept whatever occurs by way of suggestion.

I don't know whether TYK has any association with the Moonies, but she has studied their methodology, probably also the brainwashing techniques used against American POWs during the Korean conflict.

Welterweight

Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 10:25am

supporting member
     Style: Jung SuWOn

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hyeongsa View Post
    I have heard that TYK does on occasion take her closest students to Mass. However they cannot attend without her or by their own decision. TYK "invites" them. If they are working on a "special project" for her, they will be excluded.

It is true that she says the group will be together after death. She also said that there are "soulmate groups", referring to her and her followers and how they are destined to be together.

"You won't find someone like me for a thousand lifetimes." How many remember TYK saying this? There is quite a bit of referance to past lives in her teaching and she uses it as another means of control. If students don't get it right in this life, they are doomed to come back to repeat it and not necessarily in human form. This life, they are told, is the only chance they have for TYK to help them get it right.

Getting back to her Bible teaching, she used to have what was called an I.T. or intensive training program. In this one on one program it was common for students to watch the film Jesus of Nazareth. This became a good way for her to begin to weave herself and her training classes in with Jesus, God and the Bible. From time to time TYK will have classes and bring the film out again.

Whether in her Bible class or through this film, TYK inserts herself in place of Jesus. It is common for any Pastor or Priest to examine scripture and relate it to our life as it is today but TYK always twists it to fit HER needs at the time. During a viewing of the film mentioned TYK asked students which disciple they think they are because some in the room are actually reincarnated disciples. She showed the Gethsemane scene and claimed students who fall asleep in her class are like the disciples who slept while Jesus was praying. TYK said that sleep is allowing the devil to snare you. These are but a few of the ways she uses people's faith to control them.

There are a lot of dots to connect here and a lot more information about her. Failed Student, maybe this helps with your presentation. Bemused and Kathy, surely you remember these types of classes.
    Yes I remember all the Bible Study. Then the study of her book 7 steps. I was always thinking, boy more sleep would have helped more. scott led most of the Bible Study when I was there. Anyone can twist and change words to fit their agenda. That is why it is better to go to Mass than to her Bible Study. I wonder who her Spiritual Advisor is? It is a mortal sin to miss Sunday mass or Holy Days of Obligation. Plus you do not work on Sunday. You know that col is working 8 days a week. I keep them all in my prayers. God wants even the hardest of sinners. Maybe that is what she is banking on?
    The real deal. No muss, no fuss, just truth

Registered Member

Achievements:

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 10:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is true that she says the group will be together after death. She also said that there are "soulmate groups", referring to her and her followers and how they are destined to be together.
    Now this is frightening. As I previously posted, she told us that "when they come after us, we will all join hands and junp off the cliff together". I think she may just be preparing her followers for mass suicide, a la Jim Jones.

We die alone. Death is a solitary final act, whether it be by natural cause, suicide, or some violent event. Nobody is going to follow you into the afterlife Tae Yun Kim, and you know it. You are so wrapped up in your sense of self importance, you fail to see that you cannot control what happens after death. So enjoy your Hell (loneliness). You so richly deserve it.

Registered Member

Achievements:

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 1:01pm

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wohali View Post
    I still think she is part of the Moonies. Everything she does and says is reminiscent. Just because Rev Moon got busted doesn't mean there aren't more of his disciples out there. In fact I'd say a lot got their start with his group then after they learn "how it's done" they form their own cult to worship them.
    I think Moon gave her an award once, but aside from that, TYK is not connected to Moon. They're both very Korean, that's all.

Registered Member

Achievements:

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 2:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In Hyeongsa's email excerpt, TYK (or her instructor) also said, Only 7 times can we be forgiven. Remember that. My liberal Christian hubby tells me that this is not merely a misuse of the Bible or an example of hypocrisy, it is flat-out wrong. Luke 17:4 says: If he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times comes back to you and says, 'I repent,' forgive him.

Registered Member

Achievements:

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 3:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bemused and Kathy, surely you remember these types of classes.
    Yes I do. I saw Jesus of Nazareth several times, once during my IT program. And I remember a lot of self-serving bible babble in a lot of COL classes. It was better than TYK's humiliation rituals, where she singled out someone for verbal thrashing in front of the entire COL class.

Current COL students are lucky TYK is into Catholic masses these days. During the last few years I was there, she was into Korean Christian churches. Just imagine going to a church service of which you can understand scarcely a word!

Two other of TYK's favorite Bible chapters are Proverbs 3 and Isaiah 60. I won't repeat both chapters in their entirety. Here are a few selected verses:

Proverbs 3:5 says: Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. TYK uses this to get the COLies to let her think for them.

Proverbs 3:9-10 says: Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the first fruits of all your crops; then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine. TYK uses this to get the COLies to give her their money and labor, but she doesn't honor the second part.

Proverbs 3:11-12 says: My son, do not despise the LORD's discipline and do not resent his rebuke, because the LORD disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in. This is how TYK justifies her harsh punishments, including beatings, fasts, and house arrests.

Proverbs 3:13-15 says: Blessed is the man who finds wisdom, the man who gains understanding, for she is more profitable than silver and yields better returns than gold. She is more precious than rubies; nothing you desire can compare with her. TYK implies that she IS this wisdom.

Proverbs 3:27-28 says: Do not withhold good from those who deserve it, when it is in your power to act. Do not say to your neighbor, "Come back later; I'll give it tomorrow"—when you now have it with you. She wants it NOW, dammit!

Isaiah 60:2 says: See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, but the LORD rises upon you and his glory appears over you. TYK uses this to imply that bad times are coming but COL will be saved.

Isaiah 60:4 says: Lift up your eyes and look about you: All assemble and come to you; your sons come from afar, and your daughters are carried on the arm. TYK uses this to make her COL "sons" and "daughters" feel special.

Isaiah 60:10 says: Foreigners will rebuild your walls, and their kings will serve you. Though in anger I struck you, in favor I will show you compassion. Supposedly, TYK has been through so much, but she and her followers have a glorious future.

Registered Member

Achievements:

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 8:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TYK is also fond of Luke 14:26: If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple. Jesus said some good things, but he wasn't exactly a family values guy. Here's the difference between Jesus and TYK: Jesus warned people of the cost of following him before they committed to doing so; TYK tells people the cost of following her after they've committed to doing so. If TYK was honest and told prospective COL students that they would have to distance themselves from their families, far fewer people would join.

TYK likes to take advantage of already existing family rifts. With me, that was easy. My mom couldn't accept that I was different from her for a long time, and I resented her for it. TYK seemed like the perfectly accepting mother I'd always wished I had at first. But after a while, feeling like I was special changed to feeling like I was never good enough. TYK couldn't accept that I was different from her either. She was like my mom, only worse!

Registered Member

Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 9:28pm

Style: TKD Hapkido Judo Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bemused View Post
    TYK likes to take advantage of already existing family rifts. With me, that was easy. My mom couldn't accept that I was different from her for a long time, and I resented her for it. TYK seemed like the perfectly accepting mother I'd always wished I had at first. But after a while, feeling like I was special changed to feeling like I was never good enough. TYK couldn't accept that I was different from her either. She was like my mom, only worse!

This is typical for cult leaders to seek out those with strained family relations. A psychologist would say you had transference with TYK because of all she became your new mother-figure. She obviously knows how to push all the right buttons.

Welterweight

Achievements:

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 10:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Jung SuWOn

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bemused View Post
    TYK is also fond of Luke 14:26: If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple. Jesus said some good things, but he wasn't exactly a family values guy. Here's the difference between Jesus and TYK: Jesus warned people of the cost of following him before they committed to doing so; TYK tells people the cost of following her after they've committed to doing so. If TYK was honest and told prospective COL students that they would have to distance themselves from their families, far fewer people would join.

This verse bothered me a lot last year. I sought spirtual direction on it. God isn't against family, just the opposite, it means that NO ONE comes before the Lord.. For that is where we want to spend eternity. Look at the Commandments.....
    "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

It says Love not Worship, as tyk has you do her. Course if you are in col are you a neighbor?
    The real deal. No muss, no fuss, just truth

Registered Member

Achievements:

Posted On:
    9/18/2009 6:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Love your avatar Wohali