218358 Bullies, 6461 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1556
Page 103 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/15/2009 2:40pm

Style: My Own Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wonder what she meant by "handle" Bemused.
    And as was purportedly said by Jim Bakker, and quoted by the late Bea Arthur, "my rod and my staff, they comfort me"

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/16/2009 10:15am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jung SuWon

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Failed Student, how is this for misuse of scripture? Here is an excerpt of an email sent to COL students in 2005. I have permission of one of the recipients to share this with you.

Hi All,

Here are some other notes:

Please read sometime this morning:

James 1:19 - Listening and Doing
    James 2: 14 - Faith and Deeds
    James 3:1 - Taming the Tongue

Message from Grandmaster:

We go through so much challenges because of these things. We are great listeners, but not good at doing. We have great faith, but not deeds. Our tongues are covered with filth, covered with worms crawling all over.

Hebrews 12:14 - Warning Against Refusing God

How often each of us are guilty of - listening but not doing. That's why we are suffereing; that's why Grandmaster is suffering. You have all the faith, respect and love, but no deeds. The tongue is filled with filth, evil, snakes around the heart and soul, serving your pleasures. You must conquer and rise above this.

Read Luke 17: 1-10

Only 7 times can we be forgiven. Remember that. Others have left, so more can leave too. Some want to travel and have relationships. No problem, but go back 14, 12, or 10 years, or whenever before you came here, what was it like? Why did you come here? You can go back to that.

We have been treating HJN just like "Tommy Gun" in "Rocky V". We have betrayed our Master. With out HJN what would your life be like? You would be suffering as you were before.

If this doesn't speak volumes, what does? This is part of an email sent to the group by a senior instructor as she cannot type. Here is evidence of how she uses God to control her students.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2009 1:23pm

Style: JSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    James 1:19 says: My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry. That applies to COLies but not to TYK, who can throw a tantrum any time she pleases. She's also a selective listener. If she's criticizing you and you try to say something in your own defense, she will yell right over your words until you stop.

James 2:14 says: What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? TYK says this to keep everyone busy slaving over her. But what deeds does she have, other than a few student testimonials and photo ops? Compared to non-profits such as domestic violence shelters and food banks, where no employee lives in a mansion or drives a big Mercedes, she has accomplished very little.

James 3:1 says: Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. I have to laugh at this one. TYK exempts herself from the rules she imposes on the COLies and even from the rules she expects people to follow in the outside world. Humility, celibacy, nonviolence, sacrifice: she's above those things. She says that power, lust, and greed are the three biggest evils, yet she indulges in all three.

Hebrews 12:14 says: Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord. TYK uses this to get the COLies to worship HER. She may sometimes deny this, but I once heard her become insulted when someone compared her to Gandhi, whom she thought was beneath her.

Luke 17:10 says: So you also, when you have done everything you were told to do, should say, 'We are unworthy servants; we have only done our duty.' TYK must be tired of praising the COLies for what they do for her. It would be so much easier if they felt lucky just to have the opportunity to be her slaves.

How often each of us are guilty of - listening but not doing. That's why we are suffereing; that's why Grandmaster is suffering. COLies, when you don't do enough, you make Chairman Great Grandmaster Dr. Tae Yun Kim SUFFER! You should grovel beneath her feet and then get back to work! You say you're suffering because five hours of sleep aren't enough? Well, suffer more, then you'll suffer less!

The tongue is filled with filth, evil, snakes around the heart and soul, serving your pleasures. That's classic TYK. Yet when she's berating a student she's far more foul-mouthed than she permits the COLies to be. And when she talks about sexual transgressions she can get quite graphic--it's kinda funny because the COLies squirm while TYK seems to be enjoying herself.

Others have left, so more can leave too. Some want to travel and have relationships. No problem, but go back 14, 12, or 10 years, or whenever before you came here, what was it like? ... With out HJN what would your life be like? You would be suffering as you were before. Most COLies joined at emotionally vulnerable times in their lives. TYK holds that over their heads. But life after COL isn't necessarily like life before. This is common sense, but COLies are so brainwashed about the evils of the outside world that they can't think that way. I joined at 25, a turbulent time for many people. I left at 35, a time when many people drastically lower their tolerance for BS.

We have been treating HJN just like "Tommy Gun" in "Rocky V". We have betrayed our Master. This is one of the silliest things TYK brings up. In Rocky V, Rocky trains and takes into his home a young fighter named Tommy Gunn, who later works with a flashy fight promoter and leaves Rocky behind. This would be like a senior instructor leaving TYK to start their own martial arts school, which hasn't happened--or like TYK leaving her brother's school to start her own, which has.

The only former or current COL student that I've heard of who has done anything parallel to this is AG, who left Lighthouse to form his own company. But such things happen all the time. Doctors leave clinics to start their own practices. Musicians leave bands to start solo careers. It's not betrayal, it's just people charting their own paths. But TYK hates that. No one can ever have a good reason to leave her, because that might imply that, just maybe, hers is not the best of all possible worlds.
    Last edited by bemused; 9/16/2009 1:35pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2009 2:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hyeongsa and Bemused:

Thank you both so much for your newest posts. This is exactly the material I am lookng for. By her own words Tae Yun Kim condemns herself. I only wish that you both could be present when I speak before the group, but know that I will do my best to point out the difference between the true meaning of scripture and TYK's distortions.

I find it interesting that I actually was the lector for James 3:1-12 last Sunday, and wow, did it give me flashbacks.

You have done the majority of my research, as I was about to trot out my Bible but then saw your post Bemused. Now all I have to do is a brief history of my beginning martial arts and subsequent brainwashing, unhappiness, getting out and sequelae and connecting all the dots.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2009 3:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have only done my duty. ;-)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2009 4:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have one correction to my last long post. One of TYK's former instructors is now a martial arts teacher at another school. He teaches standard Tae Kwon Do.

My point about TYK leaving her brother's school to found her own, which seems quite similar to what Tommy Gunn did in Rocky V, still stands.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 12:12am

supporting member
     Style: Jung SuWOn

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If tyk's followers went to Mass they would hear the real meaning of the Bible. If she doesn't want to change her ways, she better prepare for a "hot" future. Because she surely isn't going to make it to Heaven with the life she is leading. If she makes use of reconcilliation, to repent and then to keep doing what she is doing, doesn't absolve you.
    The real deal. No muss, no fuss, just truth

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 3:08am

Style: TKD Hapkido Judo Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I still think she is part of the Moonies. Everything she does and says is reminiscent. Just because Rev Moon got busted doesn't mean there aren't more of his disciples out there. In fact I'd say a lot got their start with his group then after they learn "how it's done" they form their own cult to worship them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 6:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathy Kim View Post
    If tyk's followers went to Mass they would hear the real meaning of the Bible. If she doesn't want to change her ways, she better prepare for a "hot" future. Because she surely isn't going to make it to Heaven with the life she is leading. If she makes use of reconcilliation, to repent and then to keep doing what she is doing, doesn't absolve you.
    Update Kathy -

By papal fiat, there is no longer a physical Hell, neither is there a limbo. (Isn't it interesting how by the stroke of a pen, all that is gone. Just like the leader of the Mormons deciding suddenly that African-Americans could be members of their church...... but I digress) Hell is a spiritual loneliness, and I believe TYK is in Hell and feeling that, wants physical comforts to buffer her loneliness. She even told me, way back in my day, that she wanted these followers with her but that after SHE died, it didn't matter about them. Chew on that, COLies.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 9:05am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jung SuWon

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have heard that TYK does on occasion take her closest students to Mass. However they cannot attend without her or by their own decision. TYK "invites" them. If they are working on a "special project" for her, they will be excluded.

It is true that she says the group will be together after death. She also said that there are "soulmate groups", referring to her and her followers and how they are destined to be together.

"You won't find someone like me for a thousand lifetimes." How many remember TYK saying this? There is quite a bit of referance to past lives in her teaching and she uses it as another means of control. If students don't get it right in this life, they are doomed to come back to repeat it and not necessarily in human form. This life, they are told, is the only chance they have for TYK to help them get it right.

Getting back to her Bible teaching, she used to have what was called an I.T. or intensive training program. In this one on one program it was common for students to watch the film Jesus of Nazareth. This became a good way for her to begin to weave herself and her training classes in with Jesus, God and the Bible. From time to time TYK will have classes and bring the film out again.

Whether in her Bible class or through this film, TYK inserts herself in place of Jesus. It is common for any Pastor or Priest to examine scripture and relate it to our life as it is today but TYK always twists it to fit HER needs at the time. During a viewing of the film mentioned TYK asked students which disciple they think they are because some in the room are actually reincarnated disciples. She showed the Gethsemane scene and claimed students who fall asleep in her class are like the disciples who slept while Jesus was praying. TYK said that sleep is allowing the devil to snare you. These are but a few of the ways she uses people's faith to control them.

There are a lot of dots to connect here and a lot more information about her. Failed Student, maybe this helps with your presentation. Bemused and Kathy, surely you remember these types of classes.