Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2003 9:04am

Style: Chu-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    6 ft. 150 lbs? Eating 4000 cal. per day? You need to have that tapeworm removed.

Sounds like you either just started eating this much or you are over estimating your caloric intake.

How long have you been eating this much?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2003 9:11am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I train MA once a day all week (except on Sunday) for 2 1/2 hours. The workout routine takes about 1 and 1/2 hrs.

lol...no tapeworm. I have been eating like this for about 8 months now. I have gained about 30lbs thus far in muscle. My body fat percentage has not increased that much...about a 2% jump so about 8%.

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    11/17/2003 9:15am

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are doing TOO MUCH cardio.
    Doing 2 1/2 hrs of cardio EVERY DAY is training for a marathon, and even marathon runners DON'T train that much.

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    11/17/2003 9:19am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I still don't get why Martial artists train like endurance athletes.
    At the MOST you can train like a boxer, with rounds and suck for UP to 90-mins in total.
    Unless you are training for some serious competition and I mean SERIOUS competition, you ARE overtraining big time.
    The reason you can't put on any serious muscle mass is beacuse your body is not resting enough to allow your muscles to heal and grow. And you are also probably not moving enough weight to cause growth, on you lower body you are DEFINITLY NOT doing enough weight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2003 9:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do not just do MA. I also do long distance backpacking. So cardio is a major thing for me. I understand and will try to cut down on the cardio. Thanks for your help.

SiK--Joshua

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    11/17/2003 9:30am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    cut down on cardio AND increase the AMOUNT of weight you are doing, specially on your lower body.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2003 10:27am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you were 6 ft. 120 lbs? Man!!

Did that 30 lb. gain happen in 8 mos? If so then that's pretty damn good! I agree with ronin69 though you are doing too much cardio. Lower the cardio up the weights for your legs and you'll see an even greater gain.

All of the muscle and strength you are gaining now through hard work will be fairly easy to hang on to. Eventually you will arrive at a weight that you simply want to maintain. Building is MUCH more difficult than maintaining.

Depending on what kind of steroid you use (oral or injectable) a huge portion of the strength / weight you gain from using will vanish the very WEEK you stop using. Then every time you go in to train you will be smaller and weaker until you level off and can begin to build again. This is how steroids become psychologically addictive.

Your balls will shrink to nothing while your on roids. When you quit you will have to take a drug of some kind (maybe chlomide) to "jump start" your body's testosterone production once again. Your mood while your on the roids will loose you all of your friends and get you kicked out of your MA club.

But hey you'll have big arms for a while.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2003 11:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, point well taken. I will cut down on the cardio and up the leg weight. Also, I will not be taking steroids. But have any of you taken creatine? I am just wondering if that would be a help without the detrimental effects of roids.

Thank you---Joshua

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    11/17/2003 11:32am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most of the weight you will gain with creatine is water weight so...
    Hoe creatine works, in a nut shell, it helps flush your muscles with water and that in turn offsets the build up of lactic acid so you can work out "more", that is how is workd WITHOUT getting to technical.
    You may get cramps and you may get some type of "intestinal distress".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2003 11:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Josh-- there is a little controversy surrounding the use of creatine. Most of the weight and size you gain while your on it is water. Most of the strength you gain is psychological. However, whatever gives you that edge or advantage has some merit whether it's phycological or physical.

I noticed that while on creatine the I felt like my recover periods between sets was shortened a little. I have taken all kinds of creatine and while I was on it I also felt kind of "pumped" all the time. I felt like my muscles were fuller and had a little more tone. Probably due to the water retention. There are no hard facts to support the claim that creatine builds muscle or strength in NORMAL HEALTHY people. The "real" studies that are out there (as opposed to a product endorsement study) will say that creatine has been shown to be beneficial for people with neuromuscular disorders.

In the body, creatine is changed into a molecule called "phosphocreatine" which serves as a storage reservoir for quick energy. Phosphocreatine is especially important in tissues such as the voluntary muscles and the nervous system which periodically require large amounts of energy.

Energy reserve refill for short blasts of energy (anarobic activity) just like weight lifting. Which means shorter recovery times, but no muscle building properties.

A good protein powder and/or meal replacement along with proper nutrition---1 to 1 1/2 grams of protein per pound of lean body weight per day coupled with periods of heavy lifting with low reps and moderate lifting with moderate reps. Thats all you really need. Hard work, food and patience.

The only "real" shortcut is steroids and they are disasterous to your health.

Not to mention if you get caught with them you could do some serious time (depending on how much you get caught with and your past record)
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast