Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 9 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2008 4:03pm

Style: Genbukan Ninpo Bugei

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bill Brasky of course, good 'ol BILLLL BRASKY! To Bill Brasky, toughest son of a gun, EVER.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/02/2008 2:28pm

Style: Multiple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you have a bad experience with Buj, just put up the school. Its just like any other style, its all about the teacher/school. The style in its entirety is solid.

Even TKD has some good schools, just need to hunt.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2008 7:45am

Style: Genbukan Ninpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OniSan81
    My documented tiffs? LOL, I have none. But yeah Shihan Wright has had several. When he went to Hong Kong to open up a Genbukan Dojo, many of the local fighters came in and they didn't want some white guy teaching a Japanese art. They challenged him, on a daily basis, and as the story goes, Wright took on all challengers.

You have to understand, Shihan Wright works in Japan and lives in Japan, works as a butcher in fact. He also worked as a bouncer for many many years. He is known to have a temper and to be a bit of a "bruiser". Certainly during the seminar, he put some pain to several people.

Anyhow, the last guy he fought with in Hong Kong was a member of the Triads. The night after Wright was out with his students, when 20 Triads came in with machetes. As I was told, he fought a few off but they naturally caught up to him, cut him up a little, and told him to leave. As far as I know, he left within the week back to Japan.

Grandmaster Shoto Tanemura used to be a cop in Japan, and he's had several run ins with Yakuza. I was told that where the main dojo is run, there are a lot of Yakuza there, and that Tanemura used to get into fights with them often. Now, however, I am told that they have settled on some sort of deal that they live him alone, and the students.

This is what I have been told from Genbukan and non Genbukan people...whether it is all true. I don't know. I can attest, however, to the toughness of Shihan Wright. Very lean, very athletic, very hard puncher.

Mr. OniSan,

Sorry I do not have your name. I just came across this statement. Please refrain from speaking about Shihan Wright, especially when the story is only half right. James did not leave Hong Kong for that reason. Anyways, I would appreciate you not discussing our organizations stories on an open forum. Leave this to our own setting, I hope you are enjoying your training with Larry.

Respectfully,

Troy Wideman
    Genbukan Canadian Shibu Cho

Posted On:
    8/18/2008 8:19am

Style: SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can understand you not wanting people to get stories wrong, but not telling them outside of your association at all? Why not? You got something to hide, or are you just trying to keep them in house so sites like this cant rip them apart?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/19/2008 8:13am

Style: Genbukan Ninpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by honesty
    I can understand you not wanting people to get stories wrong, but not telling them outside of your association at all? Why not? You got something to hide, or are you just trying to keep them in house so sites like this cant rip them apart?

Mr. Honesty,

Sorry, people on this form chose not to use their real name, INTERESTING! Anyways, In all due respect, I never understand why people think it is their right to information. This I feel is one of the problems with the internet and open forums. Anyways, to answer your question, because, it is our rule! It avoids comments like the last one, who will win a fight etc. Anyways, I wish you luck in your training in Wado Ryu, I am sure you have rules in your organization that are none of my business. I think you are lucky to have found a great style, I wish you the best.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    8/19/2008 3:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OniSan81
    I belong to the Genbukan. I rarely, to never, see any ads for the Gen or the Jin. It's the Buj that has really dominated the scene, and also give the rest of the Ninpo practioners, in my opinion, bad names. Not all Buj schools are bad of course, but there is only one club in my province, out of 4-5 Buj clubs, that is actually good and teaches effective combat.

Genbukan has been a pleasant surprise. Last class we did two hours of throws, mostly from Judo, and a lot of lapel chokes...which gave me a sore throat for about a week. It is this kind of contact that really separates it from some of the other fluffy ninpo schools. The other thing is, we don't hear the word "ninja" in the school. It's just a martial art for them.
    That's awesome, man! I wish more Bujinkan folks would train hard like that, I might not have switched to FMA's & Pentjak Silat full time.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    8/19/2008 3:32pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    Thread Cleaned. Jim_Jude, serious forums = serious posts.
    Wonderful. Thank.

PS: if you edit this thread, the terrorists have won...
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 8:28pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I knew James in Scotland when he trained under Tom Wakefield, he is an honourable Guy and can quite believe he kicked some heads in if they came looking for it. But none of my business, maybe ask him, if it bothers you? I practice Muay Thai and not interested in Politics of other Martial Arts, but James knows his stuff. Saying this guy will beat that guy etc is for school kids. Anyway, nobody can beat Chuck ;-)

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    12/05/2012 7:37am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    holy ****. you didn't not just necro this thread....

Posted On:
    12/05/2012 7:55am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry dude dunno what that means, was looking at all the piss take on the Bujinkan, Ninjutsu etc and came across an old buddy being mentioned. As I am new ere, what is the cool standings for various Martial Arts and who gets it ripped out of them the most, seems like Wing Chun and Ninjutsu are bottom?
    but always good to see those Kiai Masters getting punched in the Chops. Your thoughts?
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 9 LastLast