Recommendation Second Class1 year registered25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 7:14am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Osuofia
    So you guys have never experienced this?
    Everybody has experienced being around a scary person (not necessarily a big weight lifter).

The thing is, if you feel someone can break your ****, then you are probably right, and the best course of action is just to avoid a situation that could lead to a confrontation. This is independent of whether you are a badass or a *****. This is just a natural incoming-**** detector every mentally sane person has.

Now a person can break your **** if he has the physical attributes to do so or if, in your mind you already given up or a combination thereof. Nothing wrong with either. There will always be a person that can break our ****, always, always, always. And there will always be a type of guy who can break the living **** out of most people. Always, always, always.

Having said that, I don't like the title of your thread 'I'm afraid of weightlifters and such'... why?

Weightlifters are nothing special. Being big doesn't necessarily means they are strong (physically or mentally), nor makes them scary nor fighters. Some are, some are not, just like everybody else.

Also I wonder how big are you guys and what kind of weights can you handle?
    What for dude? Serious question.

Me, 5'6", 165-167lbs, almost 170 if I don't take a big dump. Max deadlift ever: 405lbs (with straps), 380lbs without straps. There are guys here who don't lift and yet can turn me into a pretzel and beat the **** out of me blindfolded, and there are guys here who can lift me with one hand. There is a lot of different people here dude.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 7:15am

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you are afraid he will make you his bitch.....

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Achievements:

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 7:16am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I'm 185 lbs at 5'10" which is kinda scrawny, but I can deep squat 400 lbs now, which I thought was kinda a lot, but this guy reps that for some sets with no effort. he is like 200-210 lbs but a litle shorter than me I think
    Video please.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:

Style: Bullshido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Totemicist
    Am I correct in thinking that you are essentially saying that you are scared of bigger boys? Sometimes when I am on a crowded tube platform waiting for a tube train I have sudden intense paranoia that some nutter will push me in front of a train. Who gives a ****? Get over it mate! By the way wtf was the third hand story about moroccans?
    Er, yeah don't most people learn martial arts to learn how to defend themselves against stronger people? Also, the Moroccans are generally considered fearless brawlers when they are in a group, but even they were afraid. This was just to demonstrate my point of how scary this guy is.

Graviora Manent

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class25000 Experience Points

Posted On:

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Totemicist
    By the way wtf was the third hand story about moroccans?
    Apparently, they annexed Western Sahara in the 80's and this guy punched king whatsisface, or something.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Achievements:

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 7:20am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the king's name is Aragorn or something like that. Or was it King Osric the Usurper? ****, I'm going senile.

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 7:21am

Style: Bullshido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    Video please.
    Right now the only video I have on my computer is a 95 kilo snatch which is already a while ago, if you want a squat video it will be for in a while cuz tomorrow we leave for a week weightlifting camp in italy

Registered Member

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second Class1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 7:21am

Style: BJJ & K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am considered a fearless brawler...nice!

So this guy took on the polisario front, thats hardcore I would be scared of him too.

Octopussy!

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 7:22am

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    Video please.
    Oh? My squat max was 405lbs. And what, ************. Although I couldn't deadlift for ****. I think I maxed at like 285 or something. My grip must have been too weak. But anyway, **** lifting big weights, I don't do that **** anymore. It made me all huge and **** (gained like 25 pounds0, and now I have to fight big guys. **** that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Octopussy!

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 7:23am

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know those huge powerful guys. In my gym there is a great example of such people. He is a 43 year old Ukrainian who trained in olympic weighlifting from 10 years old to 23 where hea was in the national team and a promising lifter with a 130 kilo snatch and 160 kilo clean and jerk (I suppose 85 kilo category or something). They then said start taking gear or get the **** out, so he quit weighlifting and started bodybuilding, which he has been doing for 20 years now. Just recently he started weightlifting again instead and such. He's mad powerful and huge with this scary military east european head. He said he was a bouncer before for a while, but then someone started **** and he hit him. 10 minutes later he was still on the floor so he dragged him across the street and called it a night and went home. Also one time a bunch of Moroccans tried to beat him but he removed his belt wrapped it around his fist and said "ok come" and no one dared to come and they left. then at our last weightlifting competition he was getting impatient and nervous form all the waiting and started jumping and swinging his arms and I was like "OMG OMFG DONT HIT ME PLEASE" for real and I've been doing martial arts for 6 years now muay thai + fma
    I think this is your subconscious trying to subdue the intense homoerotic man-love you feel for this guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast