Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. #11
    Snake Plissken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,553
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    user search: fox

  2. #12
    3moose1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oceanside
    Posts
    9,622
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i PMed him, and no response yet :(

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    716
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got your PM. Personally I red flags. He would have been training since he was a year old. I have never given a Black Belt to a student under 21. Most lack controll untill then. I will check into it futher for you, and let you know what I find out.

  4. #14
    3moose1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oceanside
    Posts
    9,622
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you, i really appreciate it

  5. #15

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    23,477
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fox
    I got your PM. Personally I red flags. He would have been training since he was a year old. I have never given a Black Belt to a student under 21. Most lack controll untill then. I will check into it futher for you, and let you know what I find out.
    No, he started training when he was 16, he's been doing this for the past 15 years, that would make him 31. I don't see any red flags here and with all due respect American Karate is about as generic as Japanese Karate.

  6. #16
    3moose1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oceanside
    Posts
    9,622
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AKTC website
    He is the first person in the American system to make Black Belt before the age of 16.
    Your wrong omega, he got it BEFORE he was 16.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    23,477
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1
    Your wrong omega, he got it BEFORE he was 16.
    "you're" is what you're looking for not "your":

    A. I was just pointing out that American Karate is a generic name.
    B. He wasn't 1 year old when he started.

    I tend to speed read things but you get the point even though you're from Detroit.

  8. #18
    3moose1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oceanside
    Posts
    9,622
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    "you're" is what you're looking for not "your":

    A. I was just pointing out that American Karate is a generic name.
    B. He wasn't 1 year old when he started.

    I tend to speed read things but you get the point even though you're from Detroit.
    ****.

    Goddamn grammar.

    Anyhow, i know little about A.K., but the guy is an ernest h. lieb nutrider, which means he probably follows his system, which is the system that is on the american karate systems website. That website specifically lists taht you must be 18 before earning a blackbelt.

    Also, nothing pops up relatings Jeremy Wingle to american karate.

    IN fact, the only thing that pops up, is the fact that he has a 0-3-0 am. fight record...

    I just wanna know if this place is legit, lol

  9. #19

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    23,477
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, I realize that, but I also don't want a witch hunt to start brewing. At a 0-3 amateur mma record he's being up front and not boasting about something he's not. That should lend to his credibility.

  10. #20
    3moose1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oceanside
    Posts
    9,622
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    Oh, I realize that, but I also don't want a witch hunt to start brewing. At a 0-3 amateur mma record he's being up front and not boasting about something he's not. That should lend to his credibility.
    He never said this on his website, never says it on the academy's myspace (lol)

    he just says he's fought numerous times for the dangerzone fight circuit, and numerous other mma tournament circuits. He is also a member of the united states martial arts team.

    But like i said, a quick googling of his name only reveals his lack luster am. fight record, and nothing else...

    http://american-mma.com/instructors.html

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO