Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 7:14pm

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakan
    well, ive been through this bs before. The only way is to experience a free no obligation lesson. Which i guarentee that anyone that does will have a new respect for Arakan MA. So feel free to put my word to the test.

What i was trying to say is that Arakan ma is not called Arakan in burma (it is or was a state). Now, Lai Tai, sounds very similar to Arakan MA in the fact that both arts use hits, kicks, elbows, daggers, short sword bo staff ect.

According to this video, This is the first time Lai Tai has been show or videoed to the western world. it also happens to be taught by monks from burma.

I just came across it looking for an ancient burmese MA.

If you are willing to pay my airfare from North America, I will gladly try out this wonderful opportunity.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 7:52pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: ARAKAN

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    No, you were looking for justification for the comments in this thread:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32739

Instead of continuing that discussion you decided to create a new thread.

He was already found wanting. Obviously, he wants to try a "fresh" start.
    haha, ok. yup its hard to fight an uphill battle. so instead i will regroup and flank.

Quote Originally Posted by Cymro
    Came accross this website:

http://www.arakan.com.au/index.php

Interesting concept: A martial art from Northeastern Burma. There is in fact a state in Burma called Arakan. I can't find any other reference to a martial art from the region. I'm curious as to if y'all might know more.

The video clips and outfits look...let's say Kung Fu inspired. Any _ing _un folks care to comment?
    Martial art from Burma - He cant find reference to a martial art from the area. Yet.... a dying martial art from burma that is forbidden is uncovered in march 2008. Lai Tai.... hmm strange.....

Are you familiar with Encyclopedia Brown? I think he would say, do some more research, put down the koolaid, and admit Akaran is a made up art.[/quote]

Nah im not sorry, a friend of urs? Well im gunna say put ur Hateraide down and admit that you have no idea wat ur talking about. caz oh yes thats right, u have never had a lesson or experienced Arakan MA.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdnronin
    If you are willing to pay my airfare from North America, I will gladly try out this wonderful opportunity.
    Ha man, if i had enough spare cash i would. But hey give it a few yrs who knows??

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 9:08pm

Style: EF UM A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakan translated for clarity

::blah:: blah::

My art is ancient and badass because there is another art that also uses weapons from the same region. Its the same thing just different names!

::blah:: ::blah::

The existence of an art using weapons in the same region is not legitimate validation for your art.

The easiest accessible way to determine this claim is via etymological means (History of the words/terminology) and empirical means (looking at the techniques, weapons).

It's already been pointed out that Lai Tai is incredibly similar to Lei Tei, and Leth Wei.
    given the proximity of the region in question (Burma) to the source of the other words.
    a common origin is more than likely.

The techniques demonstrated do not differ as anything special or different in principle or in application to other arts/systems from the same region. (CMA)

as for the effectiveness of your art. (ARAKAN)

As they've said earlier. unless you've posted new video of yourself practicing under medium to heavy contact sparring.

Your weak-ass arguments have already been weighed, measured and found motherfucking wanting.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 9:22pm

Style: default std

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where in Australia are you? couldn't one of our Aussies take advantage of the "obligation free lesson" and come back with an informed opinion (as much as it already seems where this is going)

Syberia? Lily? Arhetton? bornsceptic? Virus??

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 9:41pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *SIGH*

OK watever man.

Im not putting videos up caz i dont have authority or permission to do so. Doing so would be disrespectful. I do not want to risk disrespecting any of my instructors. However if another student did, i would happily provide the link.

Also, no one has made any effort to come and have a lesson and experience Arakan MA first hand.... for free. So until anyone does, anything you say is a bias (and arragent) opinion.

end of story.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 9:42pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrt
    Where in Australia are you? couldn't one of our Aussies take advantage of the "obligation free lesson" and come back with an informed opinion (as much as it already seems where this is going)

Syberia? Lily? Arhetton? bornsceptic? Virus??
    Gold Coast, Queensland.

I hope they do.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 9:44pm

Style: EF UM A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakan
    *SIGH*

OK watever man.

Im not putting videos up caz i dont have authority or permission to do so. Doing so would be disrespectful. I do not want to risk disrespecting any of my instructors. However if another student did, i would happily provide the link.

Also, no one has made any effort to come and have a lesson and experience Arakan MA first hand.... for free. So until anyone does, anything you say is a bias (and arragent) opinion.

end of story.

Don't live in australia.
    Don't care to fly there for something that is clearly a CMA rip-off.

putting up videos of yourself isn't disrespectful to anyone.
    if your instructors have a problem with it.
    **** 'em. You pay them to learn.
    They ain't doing it out of charity.
    It ain't **** if you don't have nothing to show for it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12