Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/09/2009 11:16pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry, let me clarify. I am a white belt, and have been training at Bad Wolf MMA under Rahman Howard and Dee Freeman for the last six months. The former web-site. ammai.org had me listed as a brown belt. I am not sure how the OTM listing got there? There is a similar thread that was started on NHB Gear first, and that explains my involvement with Matt Elam. Basically we were partners initially, with my only BJJ training coming from Matt.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/10/2009 11:14am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Colin. Welcome to Bullshido. Looks like a small tight-knit school, which is usually a great environment to train in.

If you're going to be a regular poster or reader you might want to trip over to newbietown and give an intro thread.

Also, head over to the review section and add your school to our database and give it a review.

Lastly, you may want to drop OTM an email regarding the Brown Belt listing. It is entirely possible that it is a different "Colin Lane"; but, the coinsidences should be cleared up to completely seperate your name from Elam if that is what you want to do, the coinsidences are:

1. Elam was spouting that he was a Carlson Gracie, Sr. black belt;
    2. You stated that Elam said you would be a brown belt in BJJ; and
    3. Your name is listed as a Carlson Gracie, Sr., brown belt on OTM.

Keep training,

GJ

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    2/10/2009 12:19pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Smoke, Are you guys coming down to NAGA in Atlanta in March? It's always a blast and there are usually quite a few guys from Bullshido that show up there.

Posted On:
    2/10/2009 5:31pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most of our guys seem to compete at tournaments north of Tennessee(Ohio mainly). I am not sure if any will be traveling to Atlanta to compete? I personally have never competed in a BJJ tournament and probably will not be able to any time soon due to work conflicts. Hopefully one day I will be able to go to a NAGA tournament, they sound like fun!

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    2/10/2009 5:34pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When they are well run they are awesome. This year they are splitting the kids and adults into 2 different days, so it should run a lot faster than the previous ones. Some of the tournaments suck so bad that you end up sitting around for 6 hours before you compete. Bleh.

Posted On:
    9/11/2009 9:07pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

here's another one!

This guy started training in 2005, and 44 years old. He was at his last place as of march of this year a purple belt. And now, he's teaching at a place as a black belt. I asked the guy he last trained and he said he never promoted him, as matter of fact he was always helping with the kids class. But after told he wasn't gonna get his brown belt from teaching kids but from training he left the school.
    here's the school info:

http://www.ultimatemma.org/
    and schools myspace:
    http://www.myspace.com/455657770

He's been teaching litle kids and adults. This is a crime!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678