Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2008 2:17am

Style: diet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

got a blood nose while running

just went for a run and about 1 k in my nose starts to bleed big time (and the first time while running also) so i have to pinch my nose the way your not meant to because all the blood is rushing to my head and its a hot day then i walk the rest home with blood all over my face and both my hands. i just got home (10 minutes ago) and blew my nose in the bathroom cause i new there was a punch of **** in there and out comes this huge glob of congeeled blood. THEN i put an ice pack on my forehead and punch my nose the proper way. problem fixed. but ****, ive been trying to jog 3k's (longest in my life) and it just pisses me off that my nose decides to bleed and i dont know if it'll happen again tommorrow if i decide to try running again.

anyhow has this every happened to anyone else? even in ma training?

Posted On:
    3/18/2008 3:36am

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    whats your weight? have you had problems with high blood pressure?

was it your time of the month?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2008 3:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    72kg, no, **** you

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2008 5:52am

Style: Wing Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Was it really dry? I see you're in Australia. If you're in NSW and you were running in the blast furnace heat that we've been getting it might be because your nose was dried out by the hot air. This has happened to me in the past.

How many times have you had nosebleeds in the past?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2008 6:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    actually i live in Victoria, we've had a heat wave here lately. i get blood noses every now and then, especially in summer, but never while exercising, **** i even did kyokushin in hotter weather then today.

actually i might have high blood pressure sometimes (if that can be variable) cause i can sometimes hear my heart beating in my ears when im running uphill.

Posted On:
    3/18/2008 12:04pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd reiterate that high blood pressure may be the culprit. If it happens again, or regularly, you may want to consult a doctor.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Posted On:
    3/18/2008 3:57pm

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rordogs
    72kg, no, **** you
    are you sure its not your time of the month?

if you go to a doc probably a good idea to get a blood test done too. Find out about your cholesterol and such.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 5:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks for the replies guys, i ran today and did about 3 k's.

just wondering is it normal to hear your blood pumping in your ears when you run? i usually hear it when im running up hill or towards the end of my run.

whats the deal with cholesterol and high blood pressure? the only cholesterol i think i consume is from eggs that i eat (two hard boiled three times a week). i drink skim milk, dont eat butter, cheese, or red meat (not a vego, will eat it if its there but i usually have either eggs or fish for dinner).

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 10:39am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    High blood pressure is not necessarily due to diet. Neither is cholesterol. You might just have gotten genetically **** on. It's not something you can really feel.

On the other hand, if you keep running and it doesn't happen again, I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 9:16pm

Style: Wrestling, BJJ n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rordogs
    thanks for the replies guys, i ran today and did about 3 k's.

just wondering is it normal to hear your blood pumping in your ears when you run? i usually hear it when im running up hill or towards the end of my run.

whats the deal with cholesterol and high blood pressure? the only cholesterol i think i consume is from eggs that i eat (two hard boiled three times a week). i drink skim milk, dont eat butter, cheese, or red meat (not a vego, will eat it if its there but i usually have either eggs or fish for dinner).
    Diet-related high blood pressure and cholesterol levels come from eating too much saturated/trans fat and sodium. Genetic complications come from **** luck. Eggs are actually good, so long as you don't add too much salt.

What you should really be asking yourself is if you've had a family history of complications.

Has this ever happened before? It could be an isolated event. I'm no expert, but I know some people who have constant nosebleeds, and they just stick a pillow in there and keep going.

If it keeps happening, go see someone who knows more than anonymous people on the internet do. This would probably be a doctor/trainer.