Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2008 10:20am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was my first big tournament. What a blast!!! Only did Gi (white belt), but since I'm an old guy I could compete in both Masters and Adult. Took home 3rd place in both classes. I'm kicking myself for not taking at least a second, since my Master's loss was a tie and lost to decision, and the guy ended up taking first.

The Middleweight adult class was a good size and had a lot of my team-mates in it, so it was cool to have everyone yelling and cheering. We have one Brazilian guy who speaks almost no English, who kept yelling at the ref trying to get me more points. It was funny as hell. I cracked up a couple of times while I was rolling.

One of my instructors took home a belt for HW. All in all, I think our Gracie Barra chapter did pretty good. I will see if anyone has video when I get back to the gym Mon. or Tues - depending on how sore I am.

Props to NAGA for putting on such a great event.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    5/11/2008 10:24am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At the next one I'm bringing a big BULLSHIDO.NET banner to stick up so all the bullshido folks know where they need to congregate.... I'm tired of hearing about 20 people who were there that I could have met.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2008 12:09pm

Style: BJJ/Pekiti Tersia/Hsing-I

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark
    What divisions?
    I think we had a bunch of guys there but I've been on the DL for a few weeks.
    Masters Super Heavyweight Intermediate No-Gi
    Masters Super Heavyweight Blue Belt

A team mate of mine was also in town so she competed and ended up taking first in Womens middle weight white belt gi and no gi beginner.

I was going to do Adult Blue Belt as well. I went out to my car to put the two swords in it. When I came back the division was over, only 2 people were in it. It was supposed to be like 3 divisions away so it Pissed me off.
    Last edited by Bustardo; 5/11/2008 12:12pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2008 10:32pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i got smoked in my divisions x_X
    the guy i rolled with first was really good. he caught me in a tight brabo/d'arce, but i remembered that the defense to it was to grab meh shorts, so i was able to weasel out. still, he outclassed me completely and i lost on points, but i picked up a lot from that one.
    then i missed my throws in my gi bout, which suxxxxx. and ran outta time again. ;_;

anyway, sounds like there was a good showing here. congrats to everyone. i saw a lot of good grappling at the event. an even some crazy stuff like a dude getting tossed off the mats, and another idiot spiking someone on his head =P

oh, kintanon. were you the guy with long hair tied up and blue gi pants????????
    i think i saw your match and talked to ya a lil afterwards. XD

Posted On:
    5/12/2008 5:00am

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am indeed the dude with long hair tied up and blue gi pants.
    Did you see my first match, which was full of me being awesome, or my second match?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2008 8:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yep. it was your first match. indeed it was full of awesomeness. with throws, triangles, and overall ownage. XP
    very nice throw btw. i could've gotten it on video if i knew who you were! =P

Posted On:
    5/12/2008 9:34am

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I failed at video this time. We had 3 guys there and only 1 camera, and all of our divisions went at approximately the same time. The confusion resulted in my 1st match not getting filmed and my friends 3rd match not getting filmed. The videos I do have are uploaded to Google vid as of right now, here are the links:
    My second match.
    Johnnie's first match.
    Johnnie's Second match.
    Ronnie's first match.

My cardio was better for this one than for the last one, but not good enough. And since my forearms completely gave out I've started grip training as of today as well. I'm probably going to the Casca Grossa event July 16th, and definitely going to be at NAGA again in september.
    I'll have a big Bullshido.Net banner at both.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2008 3:11pm

Style: BJJ/Pekiti Tersia/Hsing-I

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah. I saw you Kintanon, you were fightin on the same mat one my teammate was fighting on.

Posted On:
    5/12/2008 3:23pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Same division as me or one of the women's divisions? How did they do?
    Is there any chance any of you guys got video of my first match, or noticed if anyone did? I REALLY want video of that throw at the beginning.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2008 4:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    kintanon, if i'da known you were gonna throw somebody like that, i would've had my camera ready. you're supposed to tell ppl these things ahead of time. =P

i'd upload my matches, but there's nothing really spectacular in 'em this time. :/ - you put up a good fight in your 2nd bout. you could tell you were dead tired. lol
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast