Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 5:14pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i know this sounds mad stupid but where is clive iowa and can i get there by bus or anything from nyc?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 5:40pm

Style: Muay Thai, JKD, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by truepwrz
    i know this sounds mad stupid but where is clive iowa and can i get there by bus or anything from nyc?
    LOL, it's not stupid...clive is a suburb of Des Moines Iowa which is the biggest metropolis in Iowa. Major Airport and yes, a busline. So you can take either way. Just check for Des Moines Iowa for the airlines or buslines. I don't know if Allegiant flies to NYC, but they are the least expensive airlines out of DSM. I believe Pam has the info up on the website already, I know the hotel info is on there.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 8:23am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How's it going Pete! This is Jahmal McLennan from florida. I'm trying to get one of my teammates up there this year.
    "The next one I will take will pay for my loss. Someone has to pay!" ~ The Axe Murderer

Baracknophobic

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 8:53am

supporting member
     Style: JackOAllTradesMasterONone

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sadly, there as been some negative discussion about this year's event being three days. It appears that will effect whether or not some people come or not. If either of my boys want to go, we will make the trip no matter what. A couple of weeks ago, the youngest said "YES YES YES" and KP2 said, "No, once was enough." When I asked them this week, the both said, "Maybe, I'm not sure." Oi Vay!!!

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 9:33am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, three days is a lot of hotel money. Maybe we can sleep in the ring.
    "The next one I will take will pay for my loss. Someone has to pay!" ~ The Axe Murderer

Baracknophobic

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 10:06am

supporting member
     Style: JackOAllTradesMasterONone

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the concerns are more with the later travel time to come home...not sure.
    Real Join Date: Nov. 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert
    "Driving without blood is surprisingly difficult."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 10:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you guys look at the hotels closely, they are all three in the same parking lot and while the Country inn suites is a bit expensive (but still less or comparable to other tournaments hotles) the other two are cheap. When we would go to the IKF tourney's in past they were always 3 days...one to check in and two for the tourney. We always piled in a suite together and got a rollaway and even brought sleeping bags. We even sold candy and did carwashes to raise money for the trips for our junior fighters. Where there is a will, there is always a way! Believe me, if you can make it to this one you will be so happy you did. It will ROCK this year.

Darkson, hey how have you been. Will be great to see you again! Hope all is well down there in SUNNY WARM florida, lol.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 1:11pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gonna MapQuest this and see how far you are from Memphis! I might even be able to get a couple of folks to tag along (both my instructors are ex-fighters...both miss the ring!)... My summer vacation: Getting a beat down in Iowa LMFAO

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 1:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tideliar
    Gonna MapQuest this and see how far you are from Memphis! I might even be able to get a couple of folks to tag along (both my instructors are ex-fighters...both miss the ring!)... My summer vacation: Getting a beat down in Iowa LMFAO
    How far are you from Evansville? If I drive to Chicago and then down to Evansville, it takes me 10 hours. Not sure if it is quicker to cut through St.Lious, cause I can get there from Des Moines in 6 hours.

The hotels do not have airport shuttle as the ones did last year, but we are going to include rental car info on the website pretty soon, and we are arranging a bus or two to make trips back n forth for airport shuttle as well as to and from the event/hotel. So we are going to do whatever we can to make the trip more affordable and convenient for everyone involved.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 2:40pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah...10hr drive, or there abouts. Flights are running at $400. Then again, saving a $100/mo from now till July isn't too bad... If I can get someone to drive with me that might be an option... easier and faster than my drive back to DC! (18hrs)

God, this country is so damned BIG!!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast