Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2008 6:57pm

Style: Muay Thai, JKD, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

2008 TBA-SA Amateur Muay Thai World Classic!!!

Here is a copy of the email that went out earlier today:

Hello Everyone!!

It is that time again!!! Pam has already sent out one email on this, and as promised, I am sending out a follow up.

The TBA-SA Amateur Muay Thai World Classic will take place July 11-13 at the 7 Flags Event Center in Clive Iowa. This is the same location as last year. This year will be a 2 day tournament. We will still run 3 rings for prelims, and then only one ring for the finals on the 13th. This way each championship bout is highlighted...EVERYONE will be able to watch!! We will also be celebrating the 40th anniversary of the T.B.A. and Ajarn Chai's journey teaching and promoting Muay Thai across the world.

We are taking registrations NOW!! www.tbasanctioning.org will have all the necessary information to submit your registration, as well as the venue and hotel info and the rules, etc for the event. The site will continue to be updated as more information comes in. Fighters are already registering so encourage your fighters to get theirs in too!

Just a few highlights:

** There will be a registration fee this year of $35. BUT, register by March 31 and you receive $10 off, which makes it $25. Just follow the directions on the website, it only takes a few minutes.

** There will be lots of nice gifts for all the fighters too. As we secure these from the various sponsors, they will be listed on the website.

** We are having a novice division for the adult men this year. To qualify for novice you must have 3 fights or less in any system. There will be a Novice title belt also, not just medals.

** The TBA-SA World Title belts for all open divisions are all custom made this year. They will be VERY NICE!! I've attached a photo of the belts awarded to the pros last year and ALL TBA-SA belts will look like this from now on. The only variance will be in the color.

** All bouts from Junior fighters through adults will be modified muay thai rules. No elbows or knees to head. The rules are up on the website along with the respective weight divisions.

** Friday July 11th, check-ins, weigh-ins, physicals will go from 2pm -5pm. Promptly at 5pm we will have the rules meeting and other announcements. This will last approximately 45 minutes. At 7pm we are having a celebration dinner in honor of Ajarn Chai at the Country Inn & Suites banquet room. Pam will have more info on this very soon as you will need to reserve a spot if you wish to attend. There will be limited seating for the buffet dinner, and then we will host an open house afterwards for those that want to just stop by to pay respects to Ajarn Chai but do not want to attend the dinner. Pam would like 3-4 speakers, if you are interested in sharing a few stories about Ajarn Chai with us during the dinner, please contact her.

** Saturday July 12th, Prelims will begin promptly at 9am. Last year we had 75 fights in the one day. I expect alot more fighters this year than the 101 of last year. so we plan to run Saturday through til about 4 pm. Then that night at 8pm we are planning a Pro/Am card separate from the tournament. More to come on this once I get it finalized, but I can tell you it will be EXCITING!!

** Sunday July 13th, Finals will begin promptly at 10am. With only one ring highlighting all the championship bouts, I expect the fights to go through 3 or 4 pm also.

So to recap, www.tbasanctioning.org is ready to take registrations for the TBA-SA Amateur Muay Thai World Classic NOW!!! Last year brackets filled up fast, so don't hesitate to get yours in. Remember, register by March 31st and save $10!!! This year is gonna ROCK!!!

PLUS, this year you have an opportunity to sell you gym/club apparel and/or training gear at the event. We have several levels of sponsorship available, all with outstanding benefits. I will follow this email with another outlining the sponsor levels yet this week!

Hope to see you ALL there. Last year was nothing short of INCREDIBLE, let's top it this year!!

Respects and have a great day!!

Khuen Khru Pete Peterson
    President Thai Boxing Association-Sanctioning Authority
    Roundkick Promotions
    Roundkick Gym (Carroll & Des Moines)
    Gym..712-792-9178
    Cell..712-304-0457

Baracknophobic

Posted On:
    3/18/2008 7:29am

supporting member
     Style: JackOAllTradesMasterONone

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ha...I just read mine and was going to post it here for you. It is a good thing I searched the threads first. I will talk to Jeff about it tonight to see how many are going and to make sure that everybody knows about the registration fee and the early registration discount. Last years event was amazing and if this year's is just half as good, it will still be well worth the drive.

A proud father,
    Anthony Landers
    Evansville, Indiana

Baracknophobic

Posted On:
    3/18/2008 7:49am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The clip here features AnnaTrocity and KidSpatula dealing out some punishment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgQWYWazQvc

Real Join Date: Nov. 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert
    "Driving without blood is surprisingly difficult."

Baracknophobic

Posted On:
    3/18/2008 8:29am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and here is what you can win...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TBA-SABelt.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	8879  

Real Join Date: Nov. 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert
    "Driving without blood is surprisingly difficult."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2008 1:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Anthony!! We are working to make it much better than last year, so hopefully it will really ROCK this year. We are adding a llittle bit of color to the belts too, and they all come with a carrying case/box, which is a nice addition. We have alot planned for this one. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2008 3:39pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This sounds great! I'll probably have to wait until next year to build up enough confidence for the amateur tournament though, but I really like how you can have experience other than just pure MT and compete.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2008 3:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Metsudragon
    This sounds great! I'll probably have to wait until next year to build up enough confidence for the amateur tournament though, but I really like how you can have experience other than just pure MT and compete.
    With you being from O'Fallon Il, I am guessing you do primarily FCR? or mma? Actually, ya know with the tournament having a novice division for the men, many of these guys are 0-0 or only 1 fight, i mean it may be just what you need to get experience, ya know? Something to think about. Win or lose, this tournament was an awesome experience for all the fighters last year...the amount of talent between fighters and coaches (some legendary) and the level of respect and discipline was second to none...really cool to be a part of. If you decide to make it, I am confident you won't regret it one bit. Take care, thanks for the post!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2008 5:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^Yes, I did Boxing over in Missouri until I moved, looking at Matt Hughes H.I.T squad as a new training place. Thanks for the invitation though! If I can't make it this year you better believe I will the next time. Anyone else going to this?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2008 5:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i want to fight in the novice division

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 12:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by truepwrz
    i want to fight in the novice division
    Do you have 3 or less fights? No Pro MMA? If so, you are good to go, just go online to register. That website again is www.tbasanctioning.org
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast