Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 1:37am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, if you beat the **** out of them yourself, I'd imagine the legal issues are shittier than if they "just ran right past me into the dumpster". :D

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 8:00am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracky
    Also, if you beat the **** out of them yourself, I'd imagine the legal issues are shittier than if they "just ran right past me into the dumpster". :D
    Exactly...and besides, it doesn't always need to be headfirst into something solid. Any part of their body can do. There was one idiot who tried ye olde double-leg takedown (even before UFC, footballers, rugby-types and wrestlers--this idiot had claimed to be the latter, a wrestler--it was a popular way to try and get on top of somebody).

Said imbecile kinda forgot the basics: I had a wall behind me and therefore nowhere to fall backwards. Unfortunately, it also meant I had nowhere to shoot my legs back for a sprawl. Although my lower back didn't thank me for it, I just leveraged my butt against the wall, leaned forward and picked him up by the belt. Horizontal, he kept hanging onto the backs of my legs, so I swung him feet-first to my right and then made a big semicircle back to my left (his right), raising my left grip so that he was facing the direction he was going. His shins collided with the corner of the stairwell, and he finally let go.

As I went back into the establishment, he was still on the sidewalk, clutching his shins and yelling: "My fuggin' knees! My fuggin' knees!". Dude couldn't even get his basic anatomy right.

So if all you want is to take the fight out of some idiot, headlong collisions will do it, but colliding any part of the body with something sharp will also usually do the trick, and with fewer potential legal implications...just in case.

But all that is RBSD, so it don't work...

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 9:10am

Style: Judo Sandbagger

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Learning advanced ukemi (breakfalling) will help you be able to make the decision to bend to take throw on shoulders instead of on face...but sometimes you just think you have something great ...then the floor and reality

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 9:19am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But all that is RBSD, so it don't work...
    It sounds more like JudoBSD, to me. ;)

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 5:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracky
    It sounds more like JudoBSD, to me. ;)
    Uh-oh. Thanks for the heads-up. I guess I'd better look up what's considered "RBSD". I just followed the title and assumed that it meant whatever people have to use in real situations, such as jobs in clubs or correctional institutions.

This appears not to be the case. Time to fix that mind-gap...search-function.

A question first: if what a person does when necessary is usually something like a couple of quick bareknuckle jabs setting up a shoot-in followed by a throw into a nearby object or sacrifice into a restraint or choke...

...what the hell does he put in his style-field? It's a pretty one-dimensional gameplan, but it's never let me down yet. It ain't pure standup (though there's some striking), it ain't pure grappling (though there's some grabbing and a throw) and it ain't MMA (though it's a mixture), and it apparently ain't RBSD even though I've used it in real situations for years.

Ah **** it. I'm too old for this clever style-field ****. I'll go get a 40, consume most of it, and figure something out...

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 6:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    facesmashjitsu.
    :new_all_c

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 7:25pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Striking w/the Earth"

Essentially, your gameplan is the same as my instructor's when it comes to real situations. He just took that and incorporated more technical striking and grappling for sport fighting.
    Last edited by Roidie McDouchebag; 3/19/2008 7:27pm at .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12