is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    3/17/2008 1:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Clinchology: Judo & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ultimate Fitness in Sacramento, CA

Home of WEC Featherweight Champ and NCAA D-1 Wrestling standout, Urijah Faber, Ultimate Fitness offers Muay Thai, BJJ, Boxing, and Submission Wrestling as well as specialized conditioning and takedowns classes. UF has recently improved the caliber of its instructors, replacing semi-pro MMA fighters with NCAA All-American wrestlers, Grappler's Quest champs, IBJJF Mundials champs, professional boxers and boxing trainers, and Muay Thai champions.

UF has a professional boxing/kickboxing ring, MMA cage, padded grappling room, several heavy bags, fitness room with free weights, cardio machines, kettlebells and medicine balls, a pro shop and on-site chiropractor.

Parking around the gym is a hassle, especially after 5 pm as parking is sparse in the downtown/urban neighborhood and usually limited to 2 hours.

Gym members range from soccer moms and dads and their kids to hardcore pro fighters. Almost everyone is friendly and attitudes and egos are checked at the door for the most part. Students are allowed to train and learn at their own pace, but encouraged to push themselves. Practices range from 60-90 minutes and are usually intense, but fun. Sparring is conducted in intermediate and advanced striking classes. BJJ classes have everyone rolling for 30 or so minutes with 1 or 2 techniques taught and practiced, with 1 or 2 drills performed.

Some equipment is provided, but members are encouraged to bring their own gloves and shin pads. BJJ classes are taught with and without the gi, but instructors encourage wearing the gi. Almost everything you could need or want is available at the pro shop, but can be obtained online or through catalogs for much less.

Instructors are patient and friendly and quite often willing to work with you after class is over.

Month-to-month and 1-year contracts are available, with memberships ranging from 3 classes a week to unlimited classes. 1-year contracts provide a substantial discount, but I would suggest signing up for a trial membership to see how serious a student you will be before locking yourself into a set amount of classes.

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/21/2008 3:33pm

Style: Grappling & Lifting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I trained here for some time - Dion Paminto is an amazing teacher and back when Urijah was teaching, so was he. There's also Kenneth Alexander.

I'd have to say my favorite class was Submission Grappling with either Matt or Urijah, particularly Urijah, because there was more free-rolling in that hour than the hour and a half Brazilian Jiu Jitsu classes.

Overall though, great facility and most of the teachers really do care.

Posted On:
    10/12/2009 2:01am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

new UF member

This place is really impressive, we are very lucky to have a place like this in Sacramento. I used to go to another gym and recently changed over to this one. It was like I transferred from a community college to MIT. The place is massive. The environment is very professional and lively. Its like a breeding ground for serious competitors, and its not too hard to see why when you have pro's hanging around and training all day. The submission grappling classes are my favorite.

Posted On:
    4/19/2010 3:58pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: i love all martial arts<3

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok this gym is great and all but it is not 10's across the board.. be realistic you jackass