Posted On:
    9/17/2009 6:53am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bad troll job

Quote Originally Posted by willyward View Post
    I think all of U guys should be listed on the BS meter. Joe Bannon is 1 of the most respected Martial Artists in the world.
    By who? Please tell me where. I never heard of him in Germany, France, Portugal, Nederlands, or Belguim. I just name these because these are the most recent places where I have trained and competed in MA events at. I never heard of him when I was in Japan, Korea, or Hong Kong either but that was a long time ago.

There's nothing wrong for a person to write Dr. in front of his name and Ph.D after his name.....ESPECIALLY if he's got 2 Ph.d's, 1 in Nutrition and the other in Behavioral Sciences NOT to mention that he's a Naturopathic Doctor as well, so that makes him a Triple Doctor by my latest calculations.

Try to find out more about people 1st b4 slamming them or what they do. I know 1 thing 4 sure and that is that Joe can kick ass if and when he wants to. Check out his website and go and learn something 4 a change:

http://www.dimmakkungfu.com/about.html
    Where are his dissertations? If he has two doctorates then that means he has at least two dissertations. Where are they what are the titles. Fair questions.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 7:20am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I suggest U contact him through his website. He'll be able to tell U where his dissertations are to be found. As far as I know, the one is now used as a college text book. I'm still waiting for him to send me his stuff.

If U've never heard of a person, does this mean that he's worthy of the "BS tag"?? Do more research and if U still don't like who the man is and what he stands for, then stone him. Just check out his website and gallery: http://www.dimmakkungfu.com/about.html

BTW, a documentary of him titled "Shield of Honor - The Joe Bannon Story" is about to be released soon. Here's a youtube link for a preview: YouTube - Shield of Honor - The Joe Bannon Story

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 7:57am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I suggest U contact him through his website. He'll be able to tell U where his dissertations are to be found. As far as I know, the one is now used as a college text book. I'm still waiting for him to send me his stuff.
    Why can't you give me the info. You seem to be in contact with him. A dissertation being turned into a college text book would be a huge thing. What's the title? What college is using it? Is it an accredited school? What is the stuff you are waiting for?

If U've never heard of a person, does this mean that he's worthy of the "BS tag"??
    Actually yes especially when someone says that said person is "is 1 of the most respected Martial Artists in the world." That's a BS line in itself especially when you have MArtist all over the world who never heard of this guy. I never heard of him even when I was stateside. So usually when pple say this and no one has heard of the person than BS comes to mind.

Do more research and if U still don't like who the man is and what he stands for, then stone him. Just check out his website and gallery: http://www.dimmakkungfu.com/about.html
    I checked out his website and gallery. The gallery is mainly filled with pictures with famous pple. Many of the pple I have pictures with as well. The rest is typical MA fare. I even saw a reference to ESI. That to me says alot.

As for his academic claims they seem odd, and have been addressed before.

BTW, a documentary of him titled "Shield of Honor - The Joe Bannon Story" is about to be released soon. Here's a youtube link for a preview: YouTube - Shield of Honor - The Joe Bannon Story
    Documentaries don't really mean much anymore. Seriously anyone can make one about anything nowadays.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 8:28am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok ok, this is 1 of those kinda things where no-one's gonna get any enlightenment at all. I'm unsubscribing from this webpage. As a NON-martial artist, it's quite amusing seeing the kind of comments made here.

I know Joe Bannon personally, this is guy is for real. He really is a "been there done that" kind of guy. He is also 1 of the most kind-hearted people you'd ever meet in your life.

Like I mentioned b4, why don't U contact him yourself and find out...................or are you going to be like the rest of the naysayers on here and criticize a man just because you've never heard of him b4??

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 8:45am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok ok, this is 1 of those kinda things where no-one's gonna get any enlightenment at all. I'm unsubscribing from this webpage. As a NON-martial artist, it's quite amusing seeing the kind of comments made here.

I know Joe Bannon personally, this is guy is for real. He really is a "been there done that" kind of guy. He is also 1 of the most kind-hearted people you'd ever meet in your life.

Like I mentioned b4, why don't U contact him yourself and find out...................or are you going to be like the rest of the naysayers on here and criticize a man just because you've never heard of him b4??
    This seems like a cop out post.

Anyways you are the one who volunteered info and opinion. Therefore it would be easy for you to come forth with the information. I could contact him but I find it baffling that someone who has claimed to know him personally and has willing vouched for him wouldn't be willing to give up simple info such as the titles to his work. But fine. I would like to ask how can you vouch for him being a "been there done that" kind of guy when it seems you don't know much about what he does in the MA or academically? Just because you know someone doesn't mean you are adequately capable of vouching for them. So if you are going to unsubscribe that's fine there hasn't been anything of substance added.
    ______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 10:16pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Goju-Ryu/Bjj (White Belt)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Willyward, are you really Joe Bannon???

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 11:20pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    he's got 2 Ph.d's, 1 in Nutrition and the other in Behavioral Sciences NOT to mention that he's a Naturopathic Doctor as well, so that makes him a Triple Doctor by my latest calculations.

That's charming, but it doesnt exactly agree with his own bio, which is what I posted above, a year ago. Most of it is still there, but I find it interesting that a year later his bio no longer contains the D.Ch. or FACC abbreviations, and now he is an NMD(?) which is still inaccurate, because the Naturopathic Physician degree is abbreviated ND, with no M. There are 3 schools in the US, and 1 in Canada that offer the ND degree, and none of them are amongst the institutions mentioned in his bio. Which one did he attend? Any thoughts on why his degrees changed in just over a year?

His bio also doesnt mention a Ph.D. in Nutrition, it says Holistic Health Science.

Beyond that, I stand by everything I initially wrote. No one "attends" the University of the State of New York, it's a regulatory body,not a school. It doesnt have a campus, and you cant attend classes there.

There is no "California Institute of Behaviorial Sciences". There is a California Board of Behavioral Sciences, but once again it isnt a school, it's a regulatory body that issues licenses, but not degrees.

The only thing believable in his bio is the teaching certificate from Golden West College. GWC is a junior college in Huntington Beach, and they do offer courses for a teaching certificate.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2009 11:29pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I suggest U contact him through his website. He'll be able to tell U where his dissertations are to be found.
    Do you think he is more likely to tell us, people he has never met, or you, his close personal buddy? Seriously, since you seem to know him well, wouldnt it be a simple thing just to ask him?

As far as I know, the one is now used as a college text book.
    Title? Publisher? Those 2 small bits of information would be very helpful. Might clear up alot.

I'm still waiting for him to send me his stuff
    Yeah. Still waiting. Hmmmm. Trying to think of a soft way to break this news......... This might be one of those moments where it isnt a good idea to hold your breath while waiting.

Posted On:
    9/21/2009 10:13am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamabushi View Post
    One thing I noticed on his testimonials page was that the Mayor of San Fransisco had made November 14th 2006 Joe Bannon day. I have no idea how common that sort of thing is in the States but it did stick out, even from all the other hagiography that is going on.
    It's incredibly common, because it doesn't cost a municipality a cent to do so. Back when I was working as a reporter, my editor actually had to ask City Hall to please stop sending him their "So-and-So Day Proclaimed" press releases, because they were just junk mail.

Posted On:
    9/24/2009 9:07am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haven't been here for a while but if he does have a PHD in anything shouldn't he (Joe) be published?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123