Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 11:15pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The Bannon Institute and Surgicalstrike.

Hey guys, anyone here wanna help me bust this Doctor Joseph F. Bannon Ph.D., D.Ch. FACC guy?

Heres the story. My University was competing in a
    Collegiates Wushu competition, and we did pretty well, we had a few beginners, they had fun, all was dandy. after the competition there was a wushu demonstration put on by legitamate Wushu teachers and masters, including the old gay guy from Kung Fu Hustle (The tailor). they judged the event and there was one white guy sitting at the table. Enter Joseph F. Bannon, master of Shaolin Dii mak and the founder of Surgicalstrike, a martial art using Dii mak for police and other self defense uses.

Ding ding ding... Bullshido alert.

Dr. Joseph Bannon Ph.D, he was referred as. Former Government Special Agent, U.S. Presidential Bodyguard.

DING DING DING....

he Surgical Strike System™ of Dim Mak - Kung Fu; has developed a medically and scientifically based “Quick Kill” and “Rapid Defense” counter assault system designed to immediately stop an attack against one’s self; or during the protection or rescue of another. The foundational concepts and ideologies of this pressure point based fighting system date back to the Shaolin Temple in China - 495 A.D.

DING DING DING DING DING....!!!!!

This is a guy who judged our performances. everyone else had great credentials but i was so suprised that stanford brought in someone that just stank of bullshido.

Sadly, i didnt get a chance to talk to the guy. Sitting in a room with 200 other bored, socially dry, wushu kids for 12 hrs really didnt make me want to stay for much longer. i took down his name and the name of his martial art.

if anyone wants to help me bust this guy, msg me or respond to the thread. his website is....

http://www.surgical-strike.citymax.com/about.html

i love how he has citymax.com in his URL. so professional.

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 11:18pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oo and i forgot to add, acording the the site, he is
    • The United States Martial Artist Hall of Fame (2004) (2005) (2007).
    • Action Martial Arts Magazine Hall of Fame (2006) (2007).
    • The London International Hall of Fame (2006).
    • The American Police Hall of Fame (2007)

and...
    Dr. Bannon holds the highest senior black belt rank attainable within any of the traditional Asian martial art lineages - "Judan" (10th Degree Black Belt). In July of 2007, he had bestowed upon him the highest ranking title that any martial artist in the world could hold under USMAA ranking guidelines - "Supreme Grandmaster" by the Founder and Executive Examination and Review Board of the United States Martial Artist Association

enjoy.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 11:28pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, so what's wrong with this?

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 11:47pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, now that I'm back let me clarify:
    The guy creates a system based on pressure point attacks 'one hit one kill' which we know not to be taken literally. It was meant to say let each attack mean something. Do each attack to stop your enemy.

Nothing new there.

It appears that the guy is into alive training including full contact kickboxing and a interesting definition of mma.
    So what about his credentials:

Body guard to the President could mean anything but it shouldn't be interpreted as Secret Service. He could've been on a special detail and was designated as a body guard during his law enforcement days.

His education should easily verified as should his law enforcement background.

Let's try not to cry bullshido for embellishment of the truth. He wants to use the term Dim Mak? Well that's pretty gay but I've seen his video and I think he's just talking about meridian attacks. As for the Shaolin temple 459 ad comment, all he has to say is the ol' everything kung-fu comes from Shaolin phrase and we all know what bullshit that is.

Exaggeration and marketing should not automatically equate to bullshido but if there is some padding of the ol' ranking and resume you may want to do the research to clear the air.

Posted On:
    3/17/2008 12:03am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :(...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2008 6:55am

Style: Karate, Krav Maga, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Putting both Doctor and PhD in his full title is pretty silly, but it doesnt point to the quality of his martial arts (just means his PhD is probably not from one of those silly accredited programs)

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    3/17/2008 11:54am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Quick Kill" is real and has nothing to do with attacking pressure points with your hands. Quick Kill is based on using body alignment to shoot people repeatedly until they either fall down or die.
    It works.
    I'm sure the good doctor has never heard of it, but I thought I'd throw that in there because it just struck me funny.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/17/2008 11:59am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don "Jive Turkey" Gwinn
    "Quick Kill" is real and has nothing to do with attacking pressure points with your hands. Quick Kill is based on using body alignment to shoot people repeatedly until they either fall down or die.
    It works.
    I'm sure the good doctor has never heard of it, but I thought I'd throw that in there because it just struck me funny.
    Thread winner.

Posted On:
    3/17/2008 12:32pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is Joseph Bannon any relation to Race Bannon?

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    3/17/2008 8:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I saw the title, I was sure that Bannon guy (the one who said he was paid to assassinate child molesters for Interpol) had opened a school. I was a little sad when I saw what it was.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast