Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 4:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Lost my fight, Baaaawwwww!

So I went into my fight with the gameplan of not making any silly mistakes, but instead did the opposite and made a silly mistake. Started off well, caught him with some shots, blocked a high kick, hit him again , low kicked, picked him up, brought him to my corner, dropped him hard into his guard, postred up on one arm(Silly mistake) which he took and ambarred. :-(

Edit: I blame the loss completely on my forgetting to bring my Guy Fawkes mask with me to wear during my entrance.

^ the answer to life

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 4:45pm

Style: bjj/(not enough)MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sucks dude

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 5:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congrats for getting into the ring in the first place. I know I, many years ago, and I know my son (first karate tournie at around 11 years old got creamed 5 to 0 by a tough kid who soon started fighting in teen black belt division when he was still a brown - because he was wiping out all the other kids) both learned SO much from our early loses.

Bet you didn't do what my kid did: he kept a stiff upper lip when the head gear and gloves were pulled off, kept a stiff upper lip on the ride home. Then I could hear him in his room sobbing... But in a week he was talking about how much he'd learned and in a year or two he was throwing good combos and fast head high kicks and placing in competition.

I learned not to **** around, eventually. I think I had the skills to win for a long time before I started winning. It was mostly mental - self confidence and concentration was the key. In kyokushin they called it developing fighting spirit. Sparring tons helped.

Anyway, too bad you got caught with an arm bar. Next time...

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 5:37pm

Style: ti da shuai na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Happens to everyone, man. Next time you'll remember your mask!
    “Most people do not do, but take refuge in theory and talk, thinking that they will become good in this way” -- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics, II.4

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 7:07pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Odacon
    So I went into my fight with the gameplan of not making any silly mistakes, but instead did the opposite and made a silly mistake. Started off well, caught him with some shots, blocked a high kick, hit him again , low kicked, picked him up, brought him to my corner, dropped him hard into his guard, postred up on one arm(Silly mistake) which he took and ambarred. :-(

Edit: I blame the loss completely on my forgetting to bring my Guy Fawkes mask with me to wear during my entrance.

Video needed so I can make fun of you.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 8:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well if its a consolation it was a **** title anyway

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 9:03pm

Style: Crappling (BJJ Hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Switch to a Nacho Libre mask.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 10:39pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

You're a warrior for just getting into the ring.
    Last edited by Beezer; 3/16/2008 10:43pm at .

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    3/17/2008 11:39am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tough break, Odacon. Will there be a vid?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2008 3:24pm

Style: TKD, judo, MT noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey man what matters is that u stepped into the ring, and from the sounds of it, u were winning the stand up, or at least holding ur own. i mean the mistake u made has been made by countless pros, so i wouldnt worry too much about it.

if it makes u feel any better, i lost my only ametuer fight in 9 seconds to one punch that split me open and the doctor called it, i had to get 19 stiches. i was so embarrased i refuse to even try to get an ameteur fighter tag till i fight again.

random question they allow high kicks in ameteurs where u fight? cause they dont here in ohio and i really wish they did.
    Last edited by Beorn; 3/17/2008 3:44pm at .
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast