Page 4 of 4 First 1234
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tortelli's thread has been hijacked by "PM me please" posts.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wavy tiger
    Honestly though, he didn't sound like the most confident guy in the world. I don't know if he's just trying to play possum, or trying to be humble or what, but I would have expected him to sound at least a little confident considering his gold medal and all.
    Gee, you mean he's not just like his character on TV?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah! That's EXACTLY WHAT I MEANT! I mean, I thought he was gonna come on and be all "Oh it's true, it's true" and "WHATCHA GONNA DO" and all that....

No jackass, what I meant was that he almost sounded like he was accepting an inevitable defeat (the part I heard anyway-the interview was probably a good 15 minutes long, but I only heard about 5-8 min.). I mean yes, he is the underdog imo, but you would think with a gold medal under his belt that he would sound a little more confident. You know, like an actual athlete?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actual athletes are also characters on TV; they just don't have scriptwriters so they are stuck with canned phrases like "I'm here to win", "I like to fight/swim/play basketball...this is my life!" and I"m gonna give it a-hundred-and-ten percent." Don't believe the hype.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's letting people know he's serious about this. Lesner's humble pie made a fan out of me. Not because I think he's arrogant, but because he's giving this thing a real shot and not trying to cash in on his persona.
    Sumus extra manum tuam.

Page 4 of 4 First 1234