Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Antiquated

Posted On:
    3/17/2008 3:44pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where do you guys watch this just out of curiosity, I've been wanting to watch it just haven't had time for a good search.

Pm with link possibly?

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    3/17/2008 6:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist
    it was refreshing to see "pride" again. hansen was in rare form, showing why he continues to be one of my favorite fighters.
    Word, the man gets more awesome every time I see him. If he can keep fighting that way he's got a good shot at the tournament belt, I think.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2008 7:36pm

Style: BJJ(blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KenshinBt10
    They really need to add soccer kicks and head stomps to the rules. Good thing they got rid of the head-spike rule though...that would've killed someone eventually.

What's going to happen with the JZ/Aoki situation for the next round of the tournament?
    Well, the situation is slowly but steadly turning into a **** storm! JZ is getting some heat out of the fact that he supposedlly did a illegal move on Aoki...and Aoki is getting some heat out of the fact that some people think that he's a crybaby who's done this **** before! Japanese MMA politics are going to be a huge factor in the outcome of this all mess.

Will Dream carry Aoki on their back just by the simple fact that he's japanese and actually famous in Japan? If that happens, things will change from "no contest" to JZ being disqualified!

If they go for the champion of two or three Grand Prix and an actual bad ass...Aoki will be disqualified and JZ will move along in the tournament!

Or they could simply do a rematch in April or something and duke it out! No politics, just fighting!

I've said it and I'm saying it again...it was anti climatic and full of man drama! :qright7:

Antiquated

Posted On:
    3/18/2008 1:20am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the links guys. Another site to waste all my time on...

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    3/18/2008 2:59am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.mmascraps.com/

This usually has all the previous night's fights.

Posted On:
    3/18/2008 7:47am

Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2008 1:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I love that site.

Posted On:
    3/18/2008 3:56pm

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kokujin: Interesting points you made there man. Especially the part about some people thinking Aoki is a cry baby. This is interesting because we've all seen him break arms in MMA (never pleasant to see) and have no care for his opponent afterwards.

That said if it was an illegal blow, then JZ should be disqualified for sure.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2008 5:09pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist
    it was refreshing to see "pride" again. hansen was in rare form, showing why he continues to be one of my favorite fighters.

next one is on april 29 (potentially the first day of a trip to japan that i am planning)
    I liked PRIDE but nothing will replace it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2008 7:38pm

Style: BJJ(blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ADM
    Kokujin: Interesting points you made there man. Especially the part about some people thinking Aoki is a cry baby. This is interesting because we've all seen him break arms in MMA (never pleasant to see) and have no care for his opponent afterwards.

That said if it was an illegal blow, then JZ should be disqualified for sure.
    Normally I don't except any type of simpaty or care from any type of fighter and I don't say it out of male bravado or a "no retreat no surrender" type of mentality. It's because the fight game is build on the premisse that fighters are there to win and normally that's achieved by hurting someone, by kicks, chokes, punches, etc and only when that systematic destruction is not achieved, then you fight for the points, etc!

Of course most of us are well familiar with moves that are "malicious" and prone to cause severe damage to the opponent, but altough they might be frowned upon, if they're not illegal or anything, there's nothing stopping you, besides your own ethic and morals!

Aoki has proven to be a dick a couple of times, but he never used anything illegal if I recall, only stuff that could be considered "dangerous"...but so are the moves that are considered kosher!

As an clear example, just imagine a grappling comp...you probably don't know your opponents and if caught in a straight kneebar or a nasty armbar, they could go all the way and brake or do just the right amount of damage to prove a point and make you tap. It's something that's different for everyone of us and brings a higher anxiety to comp!:new_popco
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast