Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2008 6:16pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

DREAM 1 Results (Spoilers!!!)

I haven't seen anyone even talk about this, but here are the results.
    • Shinya Aoki vs. Gesias “J.Z.” Calvancante
      Result: Ruled “No Contest” after JZ landed an illegal strike (elbow) to Aoki’s back shoulder, Aoki was unable to continue.
    • Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Kultar “Black Mamba” Gil
      Result: Tatsuya Kawajiri defeats Kultar Gill by Unanimous Decision.
    • Andre “Dida” Amade vs. Eddie Alvarez
      Result: Eddie Alvarez defeats Andre Amade by TKO (Strikes) at 6:47 of R1.
    • Mirko “Crocop” Filipovic vs. Tatsuya Mizuno*
      Result: Mirko Cro Cop vs. Tatsuya Mizuno by TKO (Strikes) at 0:56 of R1.
    • Mitsuhiro Ishida vs. Bu Kyung Jung
      Result: Mitsuhiro Ishida defeats Bu Kyung Jung by Unanimous Decision.
    • Artur Oumakhanov vs. Katsuhiko Nagata
      Result: Katsuhiko Nagata defeats Artur Oumakhanov Unanimous Decision.
    • Kazuyuki Miyata vs. Luiz Firmino “Buscape”
      Result: Luiz Firmino defeats Kazuyuki Miyata by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 7:37 of R1.
    • Koutetsu Boku vs. Joachim Hansen
      Result: Joachim Hansen defeats Kotetsu Boku Unanimous Decision.
    • Hayato “Mach” Sakurai vs. Hidetaka Monma*
      Result: Hayato Sakurai defeats Hidetaka Monma by TKO (Strikes) at 4:12 of R1.
    • Minowaman vs. Lee Gwan*
      Result: Ikuhisa Minowaman defeats Lee Gawn by Submission (Knee Bar) at 1:25 of R1.
    Source: http://www.cagetoday.com/dream-1-res...s-calvancante/

I'll start off the discussion then. Well, Cro-cop won after returning to Japan, so that could be seen as a good thing. Also, I'm a Hayato Sakurai fan myself so I'm glad that he won again. Anyways, that's the first bit of the Lightweight Grand Prix, so does anyone want to take a guess at who'll be the champion now?

Posted On:
    3/15/2008 9:36pm

Style: Regretfully, TKD.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's great CroCop won, however, Tatsuya dosn't seem like he's a good fighter in this match (I know nothing about this guy previous fights). Still, it just seems Tatsuya isn't as agressive as say Kongo. I would like to see CroCop try to reclaim his status by having rematches and defeating Kongo and Gabriel.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2008 10:07pm

Style: BJJ(blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    * Shinya Aoki vs. Gesias “J.Z.” Calvancante

Whow, now that was anti-climatic, to say the least...just found strange that rumbling in the ring after the stopage and all...JZ didn't even atempted to go to ground and Aoki played crab guard. Ok, maybe three is the charm"!

* Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Kultar “Black Mamba” Gil

I like Black Mamba, Kawajiri IS the CRUSHER, but I was most impressed on how BM evolved in his ground game, no grappler extraordinaire, but still, but a lot of fight and went the distance, those bjj lessons are paying off!

* Andre “Dida” Amade vs. Eddie Alvarez

Now I am impressed with Alvarez, great wrestling and top control and the way he manhandled Dida was impressive. Should work more on his striking though, because the way Dida was "haymaking" and going for the fences, he should have been knocked out sooner by a good striker!

* Mirko “Crocop” Filipovic vs. Tatsuya Mizuno*

CroCop looked pissed, I mean PISSED as in I found my wife in bed with Angelina Jolie, Adrian Lima and Shakira and they won't let me join the party kind of pissed. And the demolished the other can..oops, I mean fighter. But don't go popping the Crystal and celebrating and ****...he was supposed to win agains someone like that, no biggie, so I hope the guy remains pissed and proceeds to destroy VALID heavyWeights for our enjoyment. And then come to the UFC where he will face Fedor after he signs and...then I woke up!

* Mitsuhiro Ishida vs. Bu Kyung Jung

Ishida took Jung down, and took him down, and took him down...Jung again showed a great guard and that was pretty much it!

* Artur Oumakhanov vs. Katsuhiko Nagata

Haven't seen this one yet

* Kazuyuki Miyata vs. Luiz Firmino “Buscape”

I think we should pool in and buy Myata a submission grapling/bjj instructional DVD! The guy just seems to loose every frigging time I see him...or something like that! He took Buscape down several times, could pass his guard to save his own life and ended up being reversed and choked out! Nice (insert Borat accent here). The guy has good clinch control from his wrestling days, but on the ground he just looks clueless. Buscape has coolhead, used butterfly guard on Myata (Yeah I know) and reversed him and that was the beginning of the end!

* Koutetsu Boku vs. Joachim Hansen

Hansen is a bad bad man...Hes a bad mothaf...shush your mouth! I'm talking about Has! Damn, the guy unloaded on Boku with his left at will, took him down at will, ougrappled him, passed from rnc, to armbar, to triangle..in a nuttshell, totally tooled Boku and made him look amateur. And did a Diaz routine by calling out to Boku and asking for some servings of weak ass punches! The HellBoy just needs to start ending fights when the end presents itself to him and stop playing with his food!

* Hayato “Mach” Sakurai vs. Hidetaka Monma*

Mach is a monster and devoured yeat another virgin presented to him by the scared villagers. And he still has it..altough he still needs to be tested by the younger and wicked guys!

* Minowaman vs. Lee Gwan*

The circus act in line with several other circus acts in the past Pride promotion...BUT, he took him down nicely, tried an armbar and procceded to the kneebar. No challenge there in the sense that Gwan Steffani there didn't even see that kneebar atemp a mile away and it wasn't a mile away. The guy just sucked that hard. My grandmother would have seen that **** coming and would have rolled away. But she's a purple so...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2008 11:09pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokujin
    * Hayato “Mach” Sakurai vs. Hidetaka Monma*

Mach is a monster and devoured yeat another virgin presented to him by the scared villagers. And he still has it..altough he still needs to be tested by the younger and wicked guys!
    Yeah, I really hope Mach gets some stiffer competition. As much fun as it is to watch him brutally beat down someone, it would be better if he was taking down tougher opponents.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 7:59am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it would be appropriate for Minowa to claim Ninjitsu as his style

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 10:18am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Finally, Minowa wins a fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 11:10am

Style: Internet Warrior, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    alvarez/dida was a great fight. honestly dida looked like he was playing an almost perfect jiujitsu game on the bottom... like i don't know what he could have done better... alvarez was just relentless.

Posted On:
    3/17/2008 7:40am

Style: Koryu Budo, Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry I'm a bit sketch on how this thing is supposed to work out. This is an initial round before going into finals right? Hopefully a good MMA org will pop up over here again as martial arts are really popular- the audience for MMA is there but a good promotion is needed. I'm just afraid that some of the Old PRIDE scandals will pop up again since the people running things are the same.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    3/17/2008 9:35am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it was refreshing to see "pride" again. hansen was in rare form, showing why he continues to be one of my favorite fighters.

next one is on april 29 (potentially the first day of a trip to japan that i am planning)
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    3/17/2008 3:27pm

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They really need to add soccer kicks and head stomps to the rules. Good thing they got rid of the head-spike rule though...that would've killed someone eventually.

What's going to happen with the JZ/Aoki situation for the next round of the tournament?
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast