:)

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 2:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DSL
    Butterbean's got an awesome attitude as well, probably due to being 40+. Listen to him in those first few vids posted pre-fight.. The guy is class. Then look at the one when he lost, same class.
    he calls himself an entertainer...and several of his fights are in my top 15 favs. Great attitude for such a hard hitter.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 2:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kimbo was a collegiate wrestler who also trained boxing (yes, Kimbo went to college)

As did Tank Abbot (history degree, collegiate wrestler, boxer)

Butter bean has almost 100 professional boxing matches to his name, the majority of which he won.

Where are these 'untrained fighters' ?

I think some people here are falling for the televisual myth of the 'savage ignorant pitfighter'.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2008 12:29am

Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol @ this thread. It's like a testament to ownage. Good to see people sticking up for the Bean.

Butterbean is definitly no joke:
    - Over sixty non-pro toughman fights under his belt (56-5).
    - Fourteen years of PRO boxing experience (77-7-4).
    - Two years of PRO kickboxing experience (2-3).
    - Four years of PRO MMA experience (11-6-1 roughly).
    - Trains at ATT.
    - Notable wins over Zuluzinho, James Thompson, and Wesley Correira.
    - Won most his MMA fights via submission (6)
    - Won various amature and non-sanctioned bouts not on his record.
    - Has fought in Cage Rage, Rumble on the Rock, King of the Cage, K-1, Pride, etc.

Normally people wouldn't disagree with you refering to a 5'10 400 pound man as an "untrained fighter", but seriously OPer, do your homework next time.

:)

Posted On:
    3/17/2008 1:40am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is a little like saying...."marginal ruskie defeats Hong Man Choi" or "Soft spoken new yorker tests positive for steroids after losing to shamrock"....

You should have said.... "full contact fight legend strives to lay the smack on rising star Kimbo"

The bean is like the forest gump of fighting.....we love that guy. Best clip ever...cracking open Johnny noxville's skullion on one of the jackass episodes..."come on, one more time" after clocking him real good...I love it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2008 12:32pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hex
    I would certainly call Butterbean a "freakshow" in the sense that he's the same height as me, yet outweighs me by almost 200 lbs. All that, and he still probably has better cardio than I do. The man's heart must be the size of a football helmet.
    Butterbean went 10 rounds with Larry Holmes.

Even with Holmes past his prime, that's still no joke.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2008 4:11pm

Style: Censorship

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by krazy kaju
    Lesnar is here.

Kimbo is...

here.
    krazy kaju, you are a funny mofo.....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2008 4:28pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So what you're saying is that we need to have Kimbo fight tourny style and get Lesner, Butterbean and HMC in it? Interesting, I'd buy it!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2008 4:31pm

Style: BJJ and MT at the moment

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    butterban....yeah...new....yeah...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/18/2008 8:43am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo\BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Kimbo vs. Bean would be a great matchup. Bean would completely destroy Kimbo on the feet. I dont see Kimbo chopping down Bean with Cro-Cop esque leg kicks or using superb wrestling to bring the fight to the ground. Bean would win by KTFO in the first round (overhand right). If you compare records, Bean has fought much better competition that does not seem to take a dive within the first minute of the fight.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    3/18/2008 9:22am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    Kimbo was a collegiate wrestler who also trained boxing (yes, Kimbo went to college)

As did Tank Abbot (history degree, collegiate wrestler, boxer)

Butter bean has almost 100 professional boxing matches to his name, the majority of which he won.

Where are these 'untrained fighters' ?

I think some people here are falling for the televisual myth of the 'savage ignorant pitfighter'.
    Bingo, bingo and more bingo. I wish I could +rep you.

Kimbo is the type of man that would be the freaking heavy-weight version of Anderson Silva had he trained MMA from day one. Such are his physical and mental qualities for fighting. He intelligently uses and sells a character he has conciously developed, just as Rampage does (a fact for which more than one dumb tard calls them ignorant, lowclass or some other similar adjectives.)

Tank, he's another educated man that just does not give a ****, and who's willing to bang regardless of the outcome. He may be a shitty MMA fighter, but as a wrestler and boxer, he's no joke. He could easily put most men into a fucking comma, and his willingness to bang and brawl is just fucking awesome. You may not agree with him if you prefer to be a MMA purist, but if you have a pair of functioning testicles, you cannot help respecting that kind of willigness or stupidity, however you want to call it.

Butterbean, well, his fighting record inside and outside of MMA, and his class-act demeanor, all that combined speaks for itself. At 400lbs, he has superior cardio than most of us keyboard bangers (same with Zuluzinho who I don't know by the nuts in me why he gets called negatively.) Yeah, he's a freak, a freak in the sense that he can, pound by pound, do **** most of us will never be able to do.

People need to fucking get their record straight. They bang, they are willing to bang, and that's something to be respected. And in Butterbean's case, with his fight record, more respect should be displayed.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast