223779 Bullies, 3483 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 5678 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I'm not witty enough for this custom title.

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 9:36am

Style: In Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by prezbuluskey
    Ok, untrained was a very bad word choice.
    So you admit you're semi-retarded and know nothing about MMA?

It's just upsetting to see Kimbo fighting publicity stunts, they didn't have Brock Lesnar fight Tank Abbott, they had him fight Frank Mir, who was the HW champ for a while, and a bb in BJJ.
    Lesnar is here.

Kimbo is...

here.

Kimbo Slice is way less skilled than Brock Lesnar. Kimbo's only combat experience are a couple street fights (which literally count for nothing) and a few months of training MMA. Lesnar, on the other hand, was a NCAA Division I wrestler, and a very successful one at that. Hell, now that you mention it, I want to see Lesnar vs. Kimbo, just to shut all the stupid fuckers who think Kimbo has any skill.

Just face it, Kimbo is a youtube phenomenon. His combat skills aren't worth ****. He is a side show/circus freak. Leave real MMA to real fighters like Butterbean, Rampage, Anderson, BJ, etc.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 10:02am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I disagree with your assestment about Kimbo. Granted, Lesnar is way above in skill and recognized athletic pedigree that Kimbo. However to dismiss Kimbo as a simple youtube brawler with no significant skills simply because he has never participated in a collegiate athletic league and because he has only trained MMA for a short while, that's equally retarded.

Now one would so crassly dismiss a MMA debutante with a blue belt and 6 months of training, but it is ok if its Kimbo (as if Kimbo were the average male specimen.)

Just because Kimbo does not have a recognizable athletic pedigree that does not mean one can simply dismiss him.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Lightweight

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 10:05am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kicking Bulimia Victims

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by krazy kaju
    So you admit you're semi-retarded and know nothing about MMA?
    I admit that you're a prick, and I also admit that I made a mistake when searching for the word I was looking for, which I couldn't find, and now trying to recover from my stupid word choice, so please don't jump on the bandwagon, and shut the **** up. I didn't mean that Butterbean was untrained, I meant that Kimbo, a professional MMA fighter, should fight someone who is a current fighter in EliteXC, like Ricco Rodriguez or Wesley Correira or someone worth a damn.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 11:38am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Butterbean beat Cabbage (Wesley Correira), who you consider "someone worth a damn" and EliteXC and Cage Rage are owned by the same company as far as I know.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 12:01pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    self-pwning is becoming an art here.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 12:20pm

Style: Hapkido, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would certainly call Butterbean a "freakshow" in the sense that he's the same height as me, yet outweighs me by almost 200 lbs. All that, and he still probably has better cardio than I do. The man's heart must be the size of a football helmet.

You can't argue with winning records in both professional boxing and MMA. The man knows how to fight. Personally, I'd like to see him use those stubby little arms to KO Kimbo. Who cares if neither of them are destined to be UFC superstars? An entertaining fight is an entertaining fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 1:15pm

Style: MMA, BJJ, CMD, TKD, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Butterbean's got an awesome attitude as well, probably due to being 40+. Listen to him in those first few vids posted pre-fight.. The guy is class. Then look at the one when he lost, same class.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 1:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This fight should happen. Kimbo's not going to KO Butterbean.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 1:41pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, untrained was a very bad word choice. It's just upsetting to see Kimbo fighting publicity stunts, they didn't have Brock Lesnar fight Tank Abbott, they had him fight Frank Mir, who was the HW champ for a while, and a bb in BJJ.
    Ahm, you do know that kimbo and butterbean are a tier below the UFC, right?

Personally, I think they shouldn't have given Lesner the match they did. They should have had him fight Sylvia or someone and get destroyed. I have this silly idea that Lesner vs Monson would be funny.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 1:42pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I admit that you're a prick, and I also admit that I made a mistake when searching for the word I was looking for, which I couldn't find, and now trying to recover from my stupid word choice, so please don't jump on the bandwagon, and shut the **** up. I didn't mean that Butterbean was untrained, I meant that Kimbo, a professional MMA fighter, should fight someone who is a current fighter in EliteXC, like Ricco Rodriguez or Wesley Correira or someone worth a damn.
    You couldn't think of a word so you went with "untrained"?

That's a good policy. And butterbean has beaten Correira so by your logic he's in line before him.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 5678 LastLast