Administrator

Posted On:
    5/09/2008 9:19pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BLACCBILLYJACC

Just my opinion from what I've seen. My instructor Mike Lee won it 2 yrs in a row (Pro-HKD)

Any disagreements?:glasses7:
    I hate to sound like a sore loser but Mike Lee shouldn't have won it 2 years in a row.

Posted On:
    5/10/2008 8:53am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not allowed to spar or do full resistance stuff because i am i white belt. I'm also not in the advanced classes yet either, so i don't get to spend much time with more then the couple of black belts who want to do more then one class a day and keep up on thier basic. They normally work with one another and and going much harder then any of us are. I know that there are days of the week where they focus on sparring but i've never been involved in that yet. It is not a TKD school that teaches HKD.. it's an HKD school. That much i've figured out already. I've got a friend who's 2nd don tkd and he was interested in adding to his striking and some of the hand techniques we are learning as white belts are different then he was doing. His mostly end up in z-bars it seems. Some of the things i am learning is on multiple planes, meaning... a strangle defense for example... he taught us how to defend it just free standing, with our backs pushed up to a wall, and from a laying position with the attacker straddling us. I know little about HKD but it seems this isn't the typical tkd cross training im reading about.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/10/2008 10:53am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsin2181
    I'm not allowed to spar or do full resistance stuff because i am i white belt. I'm also not in the advanced classes yet either, so i don't get to spend much time with more then the couple of black belts who want to do more then one class a day and keep up on thier basic. They normally work with one another and and going much harder then any of us are. I know that there are days of the week where they focus on sparring but i've never been involved in that yet. It is not a TKD school that teaches HKD.. it's an HKD school. That much i've figured out already. I've got a friend who's 2nd don tkd and he was interested in adding to his striking and some of the hand techniques we are learning as white belts are different then he was doing. His mostly end up in z-bars it seems. Some of the things i am learning is on multiple planes, meaning... a strangle defense for example... he taught us how to defend it just free standing, with our backs pushed up to a wall, and from a laying position with the attacker straddling us. I know little about HKD but it seems this isn't the typical tkd cross training im reading about.
    If you would like me to actually read this please use paragraphs.

Posted On:
    5/10/2008 1:12pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    I hate to sound like a sore loser but Mike Lee shouldn't have won it 2 years in a row.
    Omega.. you sound bitter. Why.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2008 2:07pm

Style: Hapkido, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsin2181
    Sounds like a pretty good school from what I can tell.

Does it have a website?

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/10/2008 2:31pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Van
    Omega.. you sound bitter. Why.
    I know I sound bitter. There was no other way of sounding. Mike Lee beat me the event a few years ago. I don't even think he thought he truly won that fight.

Posted On:
    5/10/2008 2:54pm

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does anybody know if these vids were taped in Portland Or. ? Dam that looks like my old school I used to train at (Barringers martial arts.)

Posted On:
    5/10/2008 3:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwhDc918JE4
    Oop's never mind I went to you tube and that is my old school. The guy in the suit handing out awards is Ken barringer. Good to see those guys are still doing what they do.

Posted On:
    5/10/2008 3:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To answer a few questions, Ken has trained Judo and has some mma experience and Jose and Elisja have both fought in mma events for the F.C.FF (rumble at the Roseland)

Posted On:
    5/12/2008 6:56am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega - Sorry I'll use them from now on. Thanks for the heads up.

Hex- I don't know if they do. I'll find out at class tonight. Thanks for the input so far man!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast