Artemis BJJ Co-Founder/Instructor

Posted On:
    5/22/2008 5:46pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Artemis BJJ | Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Bristol Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Abusivemelon
    I am to understand this definitely won't be a summer venture then? I am on the verge of 6 weeks freedom which would be convenient if the two were to coincide.
    Speaking personally, I'd prefer later in the year. But that doesn't stop anyone else from sorting something out earlier than that.

Also the throwdown fist is for mma sparring only? I did not know that.
    See this and this. Used to be just for showing up, but people started taking them a little too seriously, IIRC.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/23/2008 4:29pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think I would ever get one then, as my grappling skills are zero and I prefer sparring under a San Da type rule set.

Posted On:
    7/06/2008 10:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slideyfoot
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadonblade
    Turns out spectrum in guildford has a matted room thats pretty cheap to hire, so a definite possibility for the future, as it has good rail links. Easy to get to by car as well.
    Cool - more options the better, so would be good if you could find out costs and availability. That means so far we've got Meerkat's place in South Kensington, 70 for 2-3hours on a weeknight, the 5 per person place in Edgware, and now a possible Guildford option.
    Any further info on that place, Jadon, like costs, size, availability?

In terms of dates for London, my preference would be winter. Which reminds me, could try Brighton again, which was pretty good last time. Marcio is regularly at RGA and has a Facebook page (no idea if he checks it much, though), so shouldn't be too difficult to get further details.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    7/06/2008 1:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We probably could pay to use the matted room at the Vie Academy in Farringdon but I just never remember to ask :(
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Posted On:
    7/06/2008 1:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asriel
    We probably could pay to use the matted room at the Vie Academy in Farringdon but I just never remember to ask :(
    When are you next training? I'll send you a reminder or something: always good to have more options, and I'd like to have a look at the Vie Academy anyway. :icon_wink

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    7/06/2008 2:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Think I'm training tomorrow. It's hard to keep track what with work sending me all over the bloody country for meetings.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Posted On:
    3/31/2013 5:55pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: simptech, wing chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    looking for meets!!! got a nice little matted out area in my mates bjj academy in hoddeston herts, london, if anybody interested please let me know..as need to sort date and time, kind regards,

Posted On:
    4/01/2013 2:57am

Style: FMA/MMA/HEMA noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Dawes View Post
    looking for meets!!! got a nice little matted out area in my mates bjj academy in hoddeston herts, london, if anybody interested please let me know..as need to sort date and time, kind regards,
    I'm always interested. Can bring sticks and fencing masks if anyone wants to play that sort of game.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789