Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/13/2008 12:19am

Style: TKD/karate/jkd noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Botsfords Tae Kwon Do Karate Academy

Hello I am finnaly reviewing my school.Botsford's Academy is a good quality for TKD for several reasons,one Mister Botsford is not all about the moneyhe truly loves teaching,2he is one of the most patient ppl you can meet he respects everyone and gives everyone a chance,3Mister Botsford has a background in Karate(blackbelt),TKD(3rd degree black belt),and has trained in judo(I don't know what belt)
    This is a small school it is run by regular classes are monday and thursday 6:30 to 8:00 pm with an advanced class for greenbelts and over 18 year olds every other tuesday at the same time. I know not alot of times for class but unless you are training for the circuit it is still a pretty good workout.
    The atmosphere is fantastic no ultra egos here we do follow traditions of respect by calling ppl mam and sir no matter thier age or belt.All of the students get along pretty well and enjoy each others company and give eachother a helping hand on our weaknesses and strengths.
    The school does have 2 heavy bags and a wave master for bag work and plenty of focus pads the whole floor is matted with 2 inch rubber mats and it also has a really thick mat for throw practice.
    Mister Botsford allows everyone to progress at thier own pace,he will not test anyone unless they are truly ready.Some of thestudents may not have the highest kicks but he looks at power and balance for these techniques.
    Like I said this is a good school for any general practitioner of martial arts,if you are training to be in the ring or octagon it is still a good place for training and advice,You will just have to put forth the extra effort on the other days of the week.
    The instructer to student ratio is always great 4 black belts 1 red 3 blues yes Mister Botsford is THE instructor but as in many schools the advanced belts are always helping with the white,yellow,and orange belt instructions.And on the high end there may be 25 students in one class.
    This is my review my school is not a big school my teacher does have a "day job" he does this out of the love of martial arts and of teaching martial arts,It may not be the fanciest but I believe I am getting good training here my daughter is also in class here.
    So all in all it is a good family dojang could use more sparring but we are always allowed to do free sparring after class also and given extra instruction before and after class.

Thank You for Your Time,
    Drake LaMancha
    Last edited by Drake LaMancha; 3/13/2008 12:23am at .

Posted On:
    3/14/2008 10:56pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the review, it looks pretty objective.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2008 2:18pm

Style: TKD/karate/jkd noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks,I figure the best way to show appreciation for the school is to be as honest as possible and not blow things out of proportion.I appreciate the positive comment.