Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/14/2008 1:46am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Before you debate Yohan he's 100% correct.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/14/2008 2:56am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks guys , i will take your advice very seriously.

about the leg checks i did manage to catch quite a few of his leg kicks with my knee, so i knew that hurt him somewhat. but i got caught with a few inside leg kicks.

but in the 2nd round when he threw that high kick that connected, i misjudged it n checked for a leg kick instead n got kicked in the head.

i have this problem i cant seem to judge whether the kicks r gonna be low / mid / high? n sometimes when the opponent teeps i end up thinking its a kick n checking.

how should i work on this? drills?

thanks once again everyone
    Last edited by stonekoh; 3/15/2008 1:50am at .

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    3/14/2008 5:16am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    how should you work on this? find a gym where you actually get trained. its that simple.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/14/2008 6:36am

Style: I know Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey stone,
    There are a couple of gyms I can name off hand. Like Punch Academy, Hilltop or BXG Boxing and Fitness. As far as i know, these gyms are pretty good. You can continue your personal training, but you need more exposure and someone who can teach you more, thats how you're gonna get better.

Just a link you can follow if you need to find more gyms, http://muaythai.sg/muay_thai_gyms_singapore

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    3/14/2008 8:17am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohan
    Your fitness is poor. You need to do what it takes to get in shape. Run more, lift weights, but you need to figure something out. You can't fight if you gas.
    This is crap. Tons of great Muay Thai fighters never lift weights. Muay Thai gets you in the best shape for Muay Thai. If you have a soccer background I'm sure your cario is there and you know how to run. You probably just need to spar longer rounds so your body acclimates to Muay Thai. A good example is if you fight 3 x 3 minute rounds train 4 x 4 minute rounds.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/14/2008 10:07am

Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by stonekoh
    thanks guys , i will take your advice very seriously.

about the leg checks i did managed to catch quite a few of his leg kicks with my knee, so i knew that hurt him somewhat. but i got caught with a few inside leg kicks.

but in the 2nd round when he threw that high kick that connected, i misjudged it n checked for a leg kick instead n got kicked in the head.

i have this problem i cant seem to judge whether the kicks r gonna be low / mid / high? n sometimes when the opponent teeps i end up thinking its a kick n checking.

how should i work on this? drills?

thanks once again everyone
    You can't learn how to do/drill this stuff online. You need to get to a gym where they show you how to drill this stuff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/14/2008 10:09am

Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark
    This is crap. Tons of great Muay Thai fighters never lift weights. Muay Thai gets you in the best shape for Muay Thai. If you have a soccer background I'm sure your cario is there and you know how to run. You probably just need to spar longer rounds so your body acclimates to Muay Thai. A good example is if you fight 3 x 3 minute rounds train 4 x 4 minute rounds.
    I think there are many ways to get where he needs to go. Your way will definitely work, and is probably the best way to get it done because you get skill training as well as fitness. However, I have to assume that the guy is doing MA training. My padwork rounds are 5x3, and I still feel it's beneficial to do conditioning sessions that solely focus on fitness without working on skill.

Posted On:
    3/14/2008 11:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yohan, what makes you think his fitness is "poor" did you watch round 3? Except for the knockdown/injury between videos he looks pretty sharp late in the fight.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    3/14/2008 11:50am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark
    most of the guys i know personally who are title holders also have a weightlifting regime, especially the HWs. Not that weights are gonna get you in good cardio shape for MT though

Posted On:
    3/14/2008 12:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I now it works especially for heavyweights but if you watch the video the kid is tiny and not out of shape.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast