Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2008 11:16am

Style: musabetsu kakuto & booj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

McDojo BJJ Program in Kentwood TX

From the site:

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a martial art style brought to America from Brazil. The easiest way to describe Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a mix between Judo, Joint Locks and Chokes. Most of the time, you will be working on ground skills (similar to wrestling). The reason for the ground training is because you need to know what to do in a self-defense situation if you end up on the ground.

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a great martial art for conditioning and endurance. Your flexibility will increase, as well as your mental clarity. The Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu program offered at The Black Belt Academy is taught in a manner that will build a strong foundation and allow each participant an ample amount of practice time to build your confidence.

What is the difference between Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and the UFC?
    Traditional Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a very controlled, disciplined martial art. The UFC and the Mixed Martial Arts in general glorify the fight, not the art of martial arts. Our Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu class is a ground training class with respect and self-control highlighted. You won't have to worry about the 'ground and pound' during this weekly training session!
    The school is run by members of the American Marital Arts Institute, a group of people who were involved at one time with the American Taekwondo Association, which of course doesn't mean jack. regardless, i'm wondering if they're just teaching crappling in guise of booj.

No where on their site does it name their qualifications to teach t3h deadly beejeyjay. I have sent them an email requesting to know who their instructor is, what belt, how long they have trained, etc. i will update with their response.

check out the website for some extreme mcdojoisms.

http://www.thebbaonline.com/
    Last edited by Trubble; 3/11/2008 11:34am at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/11/2008 11:20am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What idiot wrote this ****?
    What is the difference between Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and the UFC?
    Traditional Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a very controlled, disciplined martial art. The UFC and the Mixed Martial Arts in general glorify the fight, not the art of martial arts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2008 11:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The easiest way to describe Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a mix between Judo, Joint Locks and Chokes.
    best. description. ever.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2008 12:07pm

Style: Hillbilly Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From the site (emphasis added):

"Weapons are an integral part of a well-rounded martial artists' training. You will be taught how to work with a short stick, a long staff, and numchucks."

Unbelieveable...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2008 12:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenBeakFist
    From the site (emphasis added):

"Weapons are an integral part of a well-rounded martial artists' training. You will be taught how to work with a short stick, a long staff, and numchucks."

Unbelieveable...
    must have been written by napoleon dynamite

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/13/2008 1:49am

Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that in order to take part in their BJJ class, you have to buy a "special BJJ gi" that can only be bought through the school?

Edit: actually, now that I look at the pictures closer, it looks like they're just wearing regular karate gis.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/13/2008 11:03am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I still haven't gotten any response from my email to them. any bullies in the area that could pay this place a visit? unfortunately i'm stuck here on the east coast...

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/13/2008 11:14am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's Kingwood, TX., not Kentwood. After a Mapquest search, Kingwood is a bit too far away from Houston for me to arrange anything at this time. Once in a great while I travel to Humble, TX on business. If I go anytime soon, I'll try to drop by their place.