Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2008 9:50pm

Style: Road War

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn, the oatmeal peanut butter, raisins thing sounds good... yogurt with walnuts/trailmix/dried cranberries has been an on again/off again fave of mine personally

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    3/10/2008 9:57pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by namaste
    Thanks for the help so far guys, I wish I could just cram lots of food into my mouth, go to the gym and lift heavy things and then be automatically great. It's all so involved.

My goals are all over the place at the moment which isn't helping. I want to get bigger and stronger for wrestling, but not so much that I have to fight larger guys, but I like eating and lifting but want to drop bodyfat aswell.

hmm.
    It's all possible, you just have to train for one or two goals at a time. But you need to first have very clear what's the max weight you want to be. Second, you need to clean up your diet. You need to get that **** under control.

Once you get that, you will inevitably begin to lose some body fat and grow additional lean muscle.

Once you get there, then you'll have to worry about whether to bulk or whether to get lean first. But you need to get the previous points under control before you even consider this.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2008 10:29pm

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    El macho, you great.

All overs are great too, but not the same level of great.

To start with, what if I try two scrambled eggs on toast, with a protein shake? too little? not enough?

Skinnyweight

Posted On:
    3/11/2008 3:45am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My breakfast:

1 small banana
    12-18g of liquid egg whites (I've used protein powder also, it works fine.
    10 g Glutamine
    2 tsp spirulina powder
    1/3c nonfat plain yogurt
    1/3c oats (whole, not instant)
    ~2Tbps flax seeds
    1 bag Acai puree
    1 bag Acerola puree

Sometimes I sub in blueberries, strawberries, mangos, etc. for the last two. If I don't use the Acerola, I add some vitamin C powder to sub for it. The Acai has alot of unsaturated fats, so if I don't use it I'll add some olive oil or flax meal to approximate it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2008 4:36am

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But how much do you weight, SunTzu?

I'm sitting at about 80kg, 14% bodyfat. I'd like to stay at 80kg, but drop my bodyfat to under 10%.

That just doesn't seem like much food for breakfast. I work manual labour during the day, so I get very hungry.

Skinnyweight

Posted On:
    3/11/2008 7:14am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm ~165 lbs (75 kg). No idea what my bodyfat % is, but I did cut to 155 once and still ate that every day.

If you pick apart the ingredients, they aren't that different from what El Macho suggested, just all at once instead of separated. And it takes ~10 minutes to make. I feel your pain about waking up early, which is why I initially started making it to begin with. Now I don't feel the same if I miss it.
    I haven't figured out the calories in this particular version, but off the top of my head I'd say it's at least 400 calories. That's a pretty good-sized meal if you're eating 6 meals a day. If it's not enough for you, try using more oats or adding peanut butter. Personally I've found unsaturated fats help satiate my hunger. If you still need more, try toast w/ peanut butter. It's a quick way to add good calories.
    If you need snacks during the day, try making some trail mix. I use a mixture of almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pine nuts, and toasted walnuts with a few dried cranberries for flavor (sweetened w/ fruit juice rather than corn syrup).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2008 12:03pm

Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do 2 different things for breakfast:

Oatmeal and/or omelets.

The oatmeal I've been doing recently is rolled oats, 2 tsp peanut butter, calorie countdown dairy beverage, and a scoop of chocolate protein powder.

The omelets are 6 egg whites, 1 whole egg, mushrooms, onions, red peppers and chicken sausage, but they are a pain in the ass to make, and cause me to be late to work. The oatmeal takes me 2 minutes and I keep all the **** at work.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    3/11/2008 1:10pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That omelet sounds good, but as you said, it may be a pain in the ass to make. One thing you could do is to put pre-diced the red peppers and onions in a ziploc bag, and pre-diced chicken sausage and mushrooms, each in their own ziploc (that'd be 3 ziploc bags).

The pepper/onion mix can stay well and fresh for 3-4 days in the veggie section of your fridge, so long as you keep it dry. The bags of prediced chicken sausage and mushrooms, you'd be better off freezing them, taking out what you need when you are ready to cook and letting them unthaw in the pan.

My g/f and I try to cook, dice and store as much food as possible 4-5 days in advance in ziploc bags and small containers (they are better for quick defrosting). Some of it goes to the freezer and some of it goes to the fridge/veggie section for immediate usage (or usage within 1-2 days.)

It takes us about 2 hours on Sunday to prepare all the crap we are going to need during the weekdays. Trying to cook everyday is a time consuming and draining (specially after a day of work or after coming from a nightly workout.)
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2008 1:21pm

Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    That omelet sounds good, but as you said, it may be a pain in the ass to make. One thing you could do is to put pre-diced the red peppers and onions in a ziploc bag, and pre-diced chicken sausage and mushrooms, each in their own ziploc (that'd be 3 ziploc bags).

The pepper/onion mix can stay well and fresh for 3-4 days in the veggie section of your fridge, so long as you keep it dry. The bags of prediced chicken sausage and mushrooms, you'd be better off freezing them, taking out what you need when you are ready to cook and letting them unthaw in the pan.

My g/f and I try to cook, dice and store as much food as possible 4-5 days in advance in ziploc bags and small containers (they are better for quick defrosting). Some of it goes to the freezer and some of it goes to the fridge/veggie section for immediate usage (or usage within 1-2 days.)

It takes us about 2 hours on Sunday to prepare all the crap we are going to need during the weekdays. Trying to cook everyday is a time consuming and draining (specially after a day of work or after coming from a nightly workout.)
    You are preaching to the choir on this one - that's exactly what I do. All my meal prep gets done on Sunday and Thursday, though I don't have a lackey to help me get it done :D

It usually takes me a solid 4-6 hours to cook and shop but I like to cook pretty complicated recipes and enjoy my diet. Additionally, I tend to get inebriated and fart around in the kitchen and do other stuff. I have a good time with it.

Even if you chop it all up (what I do is bag 1 portion of shrooms, peppers, onions and sausage in one hit), you still have to cook the sausage and vegetables, then make the omelet, then put the stuff in the omelet, then eat it (which takes some time, that's a big damn omelet). All that was taking me about a half an hour, and I already get to work late.

As I mentioned before, yes, my boss hates me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/12/2008 5:07am

Style: Escrima n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or if you're looking for something quick I really enjoy thick low fat yoghurt, homemade or slimmers meusli (read the packaging before buying though!) and diced banana. Sometimes I add nuts and other fruit if I have the time and am feeling flush. Just throw in a bowl, mix and enjoy.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast