Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2008 8:30pm

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

For breakfast?

What's something that is relatively low in fat, and lots of good crap that I can eat for breakfast?

I have to wake up real early to get to work, so I've started getting into a habit of buying takeaway for breakfast, and would like this to stop.

Eggs on toast? is that ok? I tried eating toast and cereal and fruit like a weeny but it wasn't filling and I was hungry by about 8:00am (breakfast is at 6am)

pls to help kthx.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    3/10/2008 8:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any reason you're avoiding fats in the morning?
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2008 8:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas
    Any reason you're avoiding fats in the morning?
    I'm eating bad fats in the morning at the moment.

Looking for a less bad fatty alternative but with lots of good calories so I can hopefully shed a bit of body fat but still be eating enough to keep up with lifting and wrestling! :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2008 8:42pm

Style: default std

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by namaste
    What's something that is relatively low in fat, and lots of good crap that I can eat for breakfast?

I have to wake up real early to get to work, so I've started getting into a habit of buying takeaway for breakfast, and would like this to stop.

Eggs on toast? is that ok? I tried eating toast and cereal and fruit like a weeny but it wasn't filling and I was hungry by about 8:00am (breakfast is at 6am)

pls to help kthx.
    Kashi instant oatmeal hot + a protein shake
    http://www.kashi.com/products/heart_...apple_cinnamon

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    3/10/2008 8:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Looking for a less bad fatty alternative but with lots of good calories so I can hopefully shed a bit of body fat but still be eating enough to keep up with lifting and wrestling! :)
    It's a myth that dietary fat leads to bodyfat, you need to get some poly, mono and saturated fats in your diet, and the morning is as good a time as any.

That being said, what're you eating right now? Oatmeal and some eggs/meat are always good.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2008 9:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas
    It's a myth that dietary fat leads to bodyfat, you need to get some poly, mono and saturated fats in your diet, and the morning is as good a time as any.

That being said, what're you eating right now? Oatmeal and some eggs/meat are always good.
    I'm eating absolute crap for breakfast. Iced coffee, a redbull, pies and processed chicken strips. It's my only unhealthy meal for the day.

(offtopic)what does cause an increase in bodyfat(/offtopic)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2008 9:04pm

Style: Road War

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Depends what you want to accomplish I think, but Emevas is right, fats are not as bad as they've been made out to be, but you might want to consider cutting down on grains and sugars. But like I said, it depends what you want to accomplish... I already know there's other people on this forum who know way more about it than me... In this thread even.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2008 9:06pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sometimes in the morning I want to limit fat intake if I am going to work out not too long after breakfast. I find that sometimes my stomach gets upset during the workout. That is the only case when I do so because, as said before, dietary fat does not necessarily lead to body fat. If it is the case that I want to limit fat I like to have some unflavored oatmeal and chocolate protein powder. It's pretty good. I also like the Kashi oatmeal, but the unflavored oats and protein is just more cost effective. Both are pretty filling.

For a breakfast with a good balance of unsaturated fats, saturated fats, carbs, fiber, and protein, I like French Meadow Bakery Healthy Hemp bagels with some cream cheese and a healthy pile of lox. The bagels aren't the usual simple-carb bomb, but have like 20g protein, 14g of fiber, and 9 grams of unsaturated fat. Those things are filling, and the added protein and healthy fat from the lox help the nutrition and make it really good.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    3/10/2008 9:44pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

[me with bug eyes as if trying to kill you through the internet]

GAAAAAH!!!!! Stop eating bad **** dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/me with bug eyes as if trying to kill you through the internet]

Serious answer: have 2 meals for breakfast, separated by 2 hours.

First meal (drink a cup of water first thing in the morning, always.)

Mix 1/4 to 1/3 cup of oatmeal with 1/2 cup of water. Nuke it on the microwave for 2 minutes. Then add peanut butter (about 1/3 the size of a golf ball). Mix the **** out of it on the cooked oatmeal. Then add 8 oz of no-sugar-added/low-sugar yogurt (forget the low-fat ****, seek the no-sugar or low-sugar varieties.) Add this crap to the mix and gorge yourself with it.

You can add a bit of raisins (not much) and prunes or ground flaxseed for extra fiber. Also, you can add soy leticin granules to it. If you want to add any of these, add them before you micronuke the oatmeal and water mix.

Cooking time: 3 minutes.

Have a cup of coffee or OJ with it.

Second meal:

Dice a tomatoe and some green peppers and put it in a pan. Fry that **** a little bit. Then add 2-3 eggs to the mix. Stir the crap out of it, turn off the kitchen and cover. Let it cook itself in the heat for about 6 minutes. Top it with a bit of salt and 4oz plain yogurt.

You can cook it longer if you want a drier, more solid consistency.

For additional fiber, you can wrap it with a whole wheat pita wrap. In addition to the tomatoes and green peppers, you can add previously micronuked and diced brocolli, asparragus or squash. Add tofu or lean, low sodium precooked meat for additional protein.

Cooking time: 8-10 minutes.

BTW, this is exactly what I've been eating within the first 4 hours of almost every weekday for the last 2-3 years.

-- EDIT --

Don't be shy of good fats. Be more scare of starches, processed sugars and carbs from non-green sources (specially in the late afternoon and night.)
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 3/10/2008 9:51pm at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2008 9:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the help so far guys, I wish I could just cram lots of food into my mouth, go to the gym and lift heavy things and then be automatically great. It's all so involved.

My goals are all over the place at the moment which isn't helping. I want to get bigger and stronger for wrestling, but not so much that I have to fight larger guys, but I like eating and lifting but want to drop bodyfat aswell.

hmm.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast