Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/13/2008 1:37pm

Style: Judo newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadonblade
    I think fatigue is an important factor, often try fatigue myself on purpose either prior or during a lesson or training and then try to do the techniques. My logic is that its when your are fatigued and tired as hell that technique will really matter. As it will also be harder to get the technique right. No point training assuming you will never get tired. I think it promotes some of that "mental conditioning" a few guys mentioned.
    Ironically, my TKD instructor used to say the exact same thing. Take that as you will.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    3/13/2008 8:19pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ****, sorry dude, I moved your post by accident: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...73&postcount=9

Quote Originally Posted by Satori
    I experienced this issue last night during training. It's humiliating.

I'm getting fairly close to my Blue Belt (I'll probably sand bag a bit longer), and I've been called a very technical grappler (for my rank) by my instructor. I'm a little guy (5'8", 150 lbs), so I have to be.

For the longest time I avoided cardio because, quite frankly, it's boring. I have a very busy job and lifestyle, and spending a half hour on a treadmill is the last thing I want to do...especially when I'm paying for BJJ.

I now realize that I need to get my act together and do cardio.

During free rolling, I blew my wad on a similarly skilled guy that I roll with all the time. Afterwards, I rolled with a brand new, first class beginner. No previous grappling experience aside from "wrestling with my brother". I was put with this guy specifically because I have more experience.

I got manhandled simply because I had absolutely no gas and no muscular endurance to apply any techniques...even high percentage, basic techniques that work all the time failed against a big, gotard newbie because my conditioning sucks.

Definitely a humiliating, eye opening experience.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 2:37am

Style: Tae Kwon-Do, Fencing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A lot of instructors due teach their students while fatigued, it seems to be controversial with a lot of new people saying it's a bad idea, I don't really know what to believe. I'm tempted to be moderate and train both fresh and tired?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 6:57am

Style: Savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Teaching new thing while fatigued is stupid. But drilling/practicing moves people know already, while fatigued, makes more sense.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 7:18am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I was doing CSW the warm up was brutal then you did 3 X4 minute rounds with pad work with your partner calling combo's

first4 standing, next 4 ground and pound last 4 standing.

By the last 1 1/2 minute your arms and legs felt like rubber.

The instructor would often say to push as hard as you can at this point, that this last 1 1/2 minutes is the championship round where fights are won or lost.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 11:22am

Style: Chinese Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - Joe
    The instructor would often say to push as hard as you can at this point, that this last 1 1/2 minutes is the championship round where fights are won or lost.
    I push my students pretty hard in class. Towards the end, when everybody is gassed, I'll do a drill to finish them off, give them a few seconds to catch their breath and then push them a little more just for that reason. In addition to the physical benefits, mental focus and discipline when you're whipped can help you maintain a little longer when you're beat. It can make a difference.

He who wears out first in a fight, will usually lose the fight.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 8:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tyciol
    A lot of instructors due teach their students while fatigued, it seems to be controversial with a lot of new people saying it's a bad idea, I don't really know what to believe. I'm tempted to be moderate and train both fresh and tired?
    you dont teach things when your students are tired, you practice them. unless you are an idiot.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345