225026 Bullies, 3821 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 32
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. AAAhmed46 is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta,
    Posts
    1,996

    Posted On:
    3/09/2008 2:44am


     Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im curious on whether or not he can go back to fighting amatuer fights.
  2. AAAhmed46 is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta,
    Posts
    1,996

    Posted On:
    3/09/2008 2:47am


     Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
  3. mmabrothers is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    59

    Posted On:
    3/09/2008 12:43pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: tae kwon do jujitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jujistsu is the best mairal art ( royce prooved that) but wrrestling is the one to take if you want to be a mma fighter so get fights in a qubec or the onairo Native reserve organization and get a booking and fight
  4. 3moose1 is offline
    3moose1's Avatar

    United States Marine.

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    San Clemente
    Posts
    9,530

    Posted On:
    3/09/2008 3:09pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mmabrothers
    Jujistsu is the best mairal art ( royce prooved that) but wrrestling is the one to take if you want to be a mma fighter so get fights in a qubec or the onairo Native reserve organization and get a booking and fight
    kill yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by AAAhmed46
    Looks to me they are 'pro' by status(he got paid)
    just because you get paid doesn't make you pro. You get paid for am. fights too, just not as much
  5. fightin Penguin is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Scranton, Pa
    Posts
    500

    Posted On:
    3/09/2008 3:26pm


     Style: ex-wrestler, Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1
    kill yourself.



    just because you get paid doesn't make you pro. You get paid for am. fights too, just not as much
    I thought it was illegal to get payed a monetary award (money) for amateur fights. Maybe it doesn't apply to amateur MMA?
  6. Happy Panda is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    398

    Posted On:
    3/09/2008 4:35pm


     Style: Panda Punch

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you get paid for a fight, you're a pro forever, no going back. The only difference between amateurs and pros is that pros get paid. It's not like you have to be good or anything, just find a small enough organization willing to let you fight pro and bam, you're a professional fighter.
  7. ShrekBJJ is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    111

    Posted On:
    3/09/2008 4:43pm


     Style: BJJ/MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Amatuer, by it's very defnition means you don't get paid (maybe expenses but not a purse).

    In the UK the scene is set up around three rule sets which are called amatuer, semi-pro and pro rules.

    In amatuer rules there is no striking to the head at all.

    In Semi-Pro rules it's full MMA during the stand up but once the fight hit's the floor then the head is no longer an available target.

    Pro rules are UFC rules.

    Confusingly some prompters will pay amatuers a purse, which is retarded.

    I don't know if the same distinction is used in Canada at all but it is fairly common throughout Europe.
  8. 3moose1 is offline
    3moose1's Avatar

    United States Marine.

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    San Clemente
    Posts
    9,530

    Posted On:
    3/09/2008 7:07pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShrekBJJ
    Amatuer, by it's very defnition means you don't get paid (maybe expenses but not a purse).

    In the UK the scene is set up around three rule sets which are called amatuer, semi-pro and pro rules.

    In amatuer rules there is no striking to the head at all.

    In Semi-Pro rules it's full MMA during the stand up but once the fight hit's the floor then the head is no longer an available target.

    Pro rules are UFC rules.

    Confusingly some prompters will pay amatuers a purse, which is retarded.

    I don't know if the same distinction is used in Canada at all but it is fairly common throughout Europe.
    I may be incorrect, but i'm fairly certain in the states ams get paid. I'll ask my coach. I think ams only get paid if they win, though.
  9. Jadonblade is offline
    Jadonblade's Avatar

    Hoo Ha!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    england
    Posts
    1,676

    Posted On:
    3/09/2008 7:49pm

    supporting member
     Style: San Da, Judo, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought that pro meant you were earning enough to make a living off it. As in professionally, the actual meaning of the word.
  10. 3moose1 is offline
    3moose1's Avatar

    United States Marine.

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    San Clemente
    Posts
    9,530

    Posted On:
    3/09/2008 7:52pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadonblade
    I thought that pro meant you were earning enough to make a living off it. As in professionally, the actual meaning of the word.
    i miss your awesomely bad ass g-d armbar avatar :(

    And i'm not sure. I'm no where near ready for my first mma fight. I e-mailed my coach though.

    I think pro, you get more fights, though.

    Or maybe pro means your contracted or something...i don't know man, i just don't know!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.