Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2008 4:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No it does not.

We had an instructor whose credentials, unbeknownst to us at the time were, let's just say questionable. No denying that. The firestorm which followed however and the level people went to to attack us, me and my family was simply over the top.

What the success does is vindicate us and prove what I have been saying all along. Which is, early bad business judgments notwithstanding, Rat Pack is one hell of a facility with some of the most talented fithers in the area and I suspect after the show airs, we may be saying "with THE most talented fighter in the area."

Knew damn well I'd take some heat for this post but that's alright. I'll print out the thread and read over it on my way to Vegas in June if he does well!
    Last edited by bbinfu; 3/14/2008 7:47am at .

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    3/08/2008 4:51am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If only more stories of Bullshido ended this way.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2008 5:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By the way, it is probably worth noting that the young man in question not only trains at and fights for Rat Pack, he is our Monday night instructor and has been for the better part of the past year.

Also, for the record and since we don't need any more belt contraversies, he was awarded his purple belt by James Simrell in November (skipping over blue) after he TAPPED several bb's in sweeping the expert/advanced divisions in NAGA, Grapplers Quest and Copa Atlanticas in a three month period AS A WHITE BELT! ( I emphasize the TAPPING since, as a national highschool wrestling champion it would be too easy for people to credit these wins to a take down/let up scenario which was not the case)

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    3/08/2008 9:28am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bbinfu
    Also, for the record and since we don't need any more belt contraversies, he was awarded his purple belt by James Simrell in November (skipping over blue) after he TAPPED several bb's in sweeping the expert/advanced divisions in NAGA, Grapplers Quest and Copa Atlanticas in a three month period AS A WHITE BELT! ( I emphasize the TAPPING since, as a national highschool wrestling champion it would be too easy for people to credit these wins to a take down/let up scenario which was not the case)
    **** that is impressive. I am looking forward to seeing this guy fight.

Glad things turned around for you.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/08/2008 1:41pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No it does not.

We had an instructor whose credentials, unbeknownst to us at the time were, let's just say questionable. No denying that. The firestorm which followed however and the level people went to to attack us, me and my family was simply over the top.

What the success does is vindicate us and prove what I have been saying all along. Which is, early bad business judgments notwithstanding, Rat Pack is one hell of a facility with some of the most talented fithers in the area and I suspect after the show airs, we may be saying "with THE most talented fighter in the area."

Knew damn well I'd take some heat for this post but that's alright. I'll print out the thread and read over it on my way to Vegas in June!
    Fucking Awesome! I second ICY's post that we wish all cases of Bullshido ended this way.

Congratulations on your school's success, and here's to many more!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2008 2:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the kind words of support guys and stay tuned beginning April 2.

I predict some very big things for this young man! And he's one hell if a nice kid to boot!

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    3/08/2008 4:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Be sure to update us and give some more details once the show is started.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    3/08/2008 4:39pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No it does not.

Knew damn well I'd take some heat for this post but that's alright. I'll print out the thread and read over it on my way to Vegas in June!
    Congratulations, and I'm sorry that not only your school, but you and your family as well got involved in the shitstorm.

Good luck!
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    3/08/2008 4:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the kind words of support guys and stay tuned beginning April 2.

I predict some very big things for this young man! And he's one hell if a nice kid to boot!
    whats his name.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2008 6:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Matthew "The Answer" Riddle.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast