230715 Bullies, 4197 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 10111213 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/21/2008 1:14pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd just like for us to get the bare-bones facts about the guy up on there so we can refer back to them in future discussions.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    3/21/2008 2:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Careful, your MAP is showing.

I'm not witty enough for this custom title.

Posted On:
    3/21/2008 6:21pm

Style: In Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    I'd just like for us to get the bare-bones facts about the guy up on there so we can refer back to them in future discussions.
    Someone who writes better should do it, but I'm thinking that maybe "the bare bones" should look something like this:

Mark Hatmaker is a martial arts teacher who claims to teach old school forms of Western boxing and wrestling. Hatmaker has produced various DVDs and books on his style of boxing and wrestling, including[list a couple of his more popular products here].

Hatmaker often describes himself as a student of "Western empiricism." He believes in using many different concepts and techniques from many different Western martial arts, including fencing, "pugilism," boxing, catch-as-catch-can, and freestyle and Greco-Roman wrestling.

That's really just the bare, bare bones. Sources/further reading are: His website, an interview with MMAFighting.com, and an interview with Paladin Press

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/21/2008 8:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Kempo-Goju Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sent the following e-mail to Mr. Hatmaker

Hello Sir,

This is regarding the thread at Bullshido. Would you sir,be so kind to answer a few questions about your training, as most of the posters are curious?
    Did you wrestle in high school/college? do you have an amatuer record in boxing or kickboxing? Are you a graded black belt in any karate or judo systems? Who have you trained under and have been certified by?
    If you would'nt mind answering these questions, I would be happy to post them for inquiring minds
    16 years till retirement.

Posted On:
    3/22/2008 3:32pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by krazy kaju
    Someone who writes better should do it, but I'm thinking that maybe "the bare bones" should look something like this:

Mark Hatmaker is a martial arts teacher who claims to teach old school forms of Western boxing and wrestling. Hatmaker has produced various DVDs and books on his style of boxing and wrestling, including[list a couple of his more popular products here].

Hatmaker often describes himself as a student of "Western empiricism." He believes in using many different concepts and techniques from many different Western martial arts, including fencing, "pugilism," boxing, catch-as-catch-can, and freestyle and Greco-Roman wrestling.

That's really just the bare, bare bones. Sources/further reading are: His website, an interview with MMAFighting.com, and an interview with Paladin Press
    Go ahead and add that to the article, anyone. If you can't for some reason, let us know.

I'm not witty enough for this custom title.

Posted On:
    3/22/2008 9:49pm

Style: In Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    Go ahead and add that to the article, anyone. If you can't for some reason, let us know.
    Jesus H. Christ, do I have to do this?

I have too much fun jerking to bullshido to actually log on to bullshido.org, like the rest of wannabe Crackies (i.e. The ?).

EDIT: Okay, so I put some of the "bare bones" in the entry. Now we need someone to add more info. The email milaukee cop sent should help.
    Last edited by krazy kaju; 3/22/2008 9:55pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2008 12:19am

Style: Wrestling, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee cop
    Im a cop, but I like to think im a good one.
    where have I come off as a "bullying prick" in my posts?
    The quote in your profile reads: Im gonna taze you, "bro"!!

While this may be a joke or trolling, There have been many instances of ppl being tazed unnecessarily. Including the case that quote references. And some of us don't believe that the authority granted a cop by our government excuses thuggish behavior.

King of the Impossible

Posted On:
    4/02/2008 2:16am

supporting member
     Style: Grapplomancer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=6&gl=us

To save you guys the pain of reading that abomination, whatever the hell it is, has someone who trained with hatmaker quote him as saying that he is "largely self taught".

I don't know if we can trust the "Mountain Spirit Warrior", but it is one piece of evidence. I'll post more bits as I find thems.

More crap:

http://www.kungfuland.com/html/26/n-1926.html

The more I read interviews (there was one between him and some chinese MMA source), the more bullshitty he sounds. To save ya'll the trouble of reading it:

Q: Could you please let us know your history,background,tournament
    achievements and your MMA career

A: As for me, I've been boxing and wrestling a little over 26 years now.
    Many of those years were simply rough and tumble training and then around 12
    years ago I began the process of codifying and assembling the vast amount of
    boxing and wrestling material I had encountered into a cogent whole. As a
    matter of fact that's a task I'm still actively and passionately engaged in. To be honest though, I am always pleased when the focus is less on me but
    more on the system itself.
    For it is the system that allows the individual
    user to attain their own goals regardless of the goals or accomplishments of
    another.

Emphasis mine. Another interesting question follows down below:

In China ,now many mma fans begin to practise MMA by self study, what is
    your advice for these beginners and how could they make their training
    effective?

MARK:Self-study is not a bad way to go at all. If someone has a few willing
    training partners and perhaps some good reference material to work from I
    think much success can be had from this method. Having a coach is probably a
    plus but if one is not available I think the self-study route is admirable.

Emphasis mine again. So far, neither of this sources stand on their own legs as evidence for anything. However, I notice in every interview ever for him, he quickly shirks the question of lineage and what not with "I'm more focused on the system than where I came from". I'll keep looking, but he really doesn't put anything out there about himself.
    Last edited by MrBadGuy; 4/02/2008 7:22pm at . Reason: addin more

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    4/02/2008 10:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I imagine it's in the best business interest of someone who sells books on self training to promote self training.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

King of the Impossible

Posted On:
    4/03/2008 12:00am

supporting member
     Style: Grapplomancer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm just throwing whatever tidbits I find that aren't worthless on here. Hopefully I'll have amassed enough for a rat's nest of safety in my Hatmaker assumptions.

Speaking of tidbits!

http://www.greg-hall.co.uk/greg-hall...-interview.php

Greg hall interviewed Mr. Hatmaker.

Greg Hall asked Hatmaker who had influenced the way he trained the most; Hatmaker points him to the Gratitude wall on his website. I've seen this wall, and it is fucking massive as well as nondescriptive as to who did what.

Not wanting to be bullshitted, Greg hall asked the following:

Greg Hall-I know you have trained with some excellent instructors can you name a few and say a little about what each one gave you?

To which Mark replied:

This question is a corollary of the preceding one. Again, for a partial list check the GRATITUDE page. If they are on there, they are in some sense my better as they had an influential thought or approach and they had before I did. It is through the efforts of those on that page and many others too numerous to mention that have allowed me to be able to accomplish what I do.

So, somewhere on the gratitude page is some form of teacher. Of course there's so many names you don't know who did what, or when. They could've given him 5 bucks for being such a swell guy and he'd have thrown them up there next to Muhammed Ali and Matt furey.
    Last edited by MrBadGuy; 4/03/2008 6:30pm at .
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 10111213 LastLast