Posted On:
    3/09/2008 7:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by krazy kaju
    Don't you know?

According to Hedge, you're an active part of the reactionary, racist, bourgeoisie institution known as the United States government. You're no better than Saddam Hussein, Osama bin Laden, Hitler, Stalin, or Pol Pot.

Even though you're just a police officer, you surely ooze with racism and hatred against the lower classes that are oh-so-oppressed by the evil corporate war mongers controlling America.

Welcome to left-anarchist thought.
    I don't know about that, but sheriffs were originally tax collection enforcement, & now the vast majority of cops are just revenue collectors. Plus, the simple fact that they "protect and serve" the Man & not the civilian population makes me not trust 'em.
    Last edited by Jim_Jude; 3/09/2008 7:08pm at .
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    3/09/2008 7:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TRS Direct
    He has revealed secrets that have shaken the ground fighting experts to the core, exposing the secrets to escaping and beating even elite inner circle of the world's best ground fighters.
    Wow. I'm impressed...
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2008 10:02pm

Style: Road War

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee cop
    Im a cop, but I like to think im a good one.
    where have I come off as a "bullying prick" in my posts?
    When you put your livelihood right in your screenname like that, particularly THAT one in which members all over the planet also take part, sadly sometimes you will get people judging you for others actions. You seem like a nice guy, but it's like being in a massive gang for instance. Then you go out wearing your "colors" and get judged by someone like hedgehogey for stuff that someone wearing those same "colors" did to them on the other side of the country which you had nothing to do with.

Cops, like any categorical class of human beings run the full spectrum from being standup individuals with a high sense of morality and fairness to lower than dirt pieces of **** who deserve a beating. Luckily I have met more of the former, though I must admit I have not always been treated fairly by L.E.O.'s but it's all a matter of subjectivity right? Any that I have met through martial arts, incidentally, have been great. Most that I have met on the street have been not so great, but again, I've been lucky and I know that. It could have been much worse. And Im sure you're not taking hedgehog's opinion too personally, just offering an alternative viewpoint.

As for Mr. Hatmaker, I have seen some of his standup videos and I liked some of his focus mitt drills after having worked with and modifying some of them... honestly haven't seen much of his grappling stuff to know if it works for me or not. But the problem with photographs of ANYBODY'S techniques is that it is very easy to misinterpret a still image. In order to understand a technique and how it is set up you need to see it in motion, if not feel it directly.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    3/09/2008 11:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Macho
    I'd agree with you if by that you mean that the system in question relies on/is based upon muscling the way into subs that pop in and can't be reliably duplicated.
    Yes.

Or do you have objections, in general, on incidentally taking an opportunity and force a sub?
    No, but to go "HEY LOOK GUYS, I'VE UNCOVERED THE SECRETS OF CATCH!" after you pull one off once and throw it in a book is FUCKING RETARDED.

Quote Originally Posted by Me
    Criminals, like any categorical class of human beings run the full spectrum from being standup individuals with a high sense of morality and fairness to lower than dirt pieces of **** who deserve a beating. Luckily I have met more of the former, though I must admit I have not always been treated fairly by dealers, but it's all a matter of subjectivity right? Any that I have met through martial arts, incidentally, have been great. Most that I have met on the street have been not so great, but again, I've been lucky and I know that. It could have been much worse.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2008 11:21pm

Style: Road War

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^ Nice one. You live in B.C. so I'm sure you have a large amount of experience dealing with dealers. But I was actually just talking about simple things like traffic violations, routine stops, etc. Funny how universally applicable those words are though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Calvillo
    Referees, like any categorical class of human beings run the full spectrum from being standup individuals with a high sense of morality and fairness to lower than dirt pieces of **** who deserve a beating. Luckily I have met more of the former, though I must admit I have not always been treated fairly by MMA officials but it's all a matter of subjectivity right? Any that I have met through craigslist, incidentally, have been great. Most that I have met in the octagon have been not so great, but again, I've been lucky and I know that. It could have been much worse. I could have been in general population.

I'm not witty enough for this custom title.

Posted On:
    3/10/2008 7:57pm

Style: In Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does anyone here have any of Hatmaker's DVDs by any chance?

It could give us some more insights into how craptacular they are (or not).

Posted On:
    3/15/2008 12:29am

Style: MMA, JKD philosophy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have Hatmaker's Striking, Boxing, Clinching, Takedowns, Submissions, and Submissions 2 books. There's some good stuff in there, and lots more ridiculous crap. Why did I buy all of them? They were cheap, and if I find even one good move I've never seen before in a book I think it's worth it. Lord knows I have way more Kung Fu manuals laying around.

The double armbar with the legs from behind I first saw watching lesbian wrestling on www.ultimatesurrender.com . Most of the female fetish wrestling I've seen it seems like they were trained by catch wrestlers. An interesting note, the longtime champ at ultimate surrender used a lot of anaconda guards, and says she's done JJ. BJJ?

I brought that move to Judo for laughs, and got told it would never work in sparring. I'm still waiting for the right moment to spring it on somebody. I demonstrated it by walking up behind my opponent, grabbing both of his wrists, then sitting down while pulling his arms back and up, then wrapping my legs over his elbows and crossing my ankles in an x behind his neck. It takes strength and size to do, and I have no idea how to get it on the ground.

Want another gimmicky move? Here's mine; the double waki-gatame. You and your opponent are standing. You face his back. Now turn so your back's to his. Now reach back with both hands and grab both his wrists. Pull his elbows up into your armpits, squeeze your elbows together, and sit down for the tap. It should hurt his shoulders, too.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/15/2008 12:41am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by krazy kaju
    As for the submission wrestling book, I wasn't too impressed either though it seemed better in quality than the takedown book. The sub. wrestling one has some odd subs that I assume are from catch, that look pretty shitty, IMO. I mean, who are you gonna submit with a neck crank from inside their guard?
    Didn't Mark Coleman submit a guy in Pride with a can opener? And I think Tito Can Openered some Japanese grappler at one of the ADCC's he competed at...could be wrong on the Tito one though.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    3/15/2008 1:18am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, Mark Coleman did. It was sad.
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast