Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/08/2008 10:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In my first grappling tournament ever, I tapped a guy with some godawful Bujinkan/Wing Chun/Pro Wrestling armlock that I have never gotten since and have never seen anyone else do, I'll try and upload the video for lulz.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    3/09/2008 1:20am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega's Bitch
    Do you mean an actual crossface neck crank or...this:

Meaningless.

No no, it wasn't the crossface that submitted him, it was the cradle. That's what is so awesome.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    3/09/2008 1:50am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The gayness.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    3/09/2008 8:49am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey
    Yeah, there's a difference between a flash sub and muscling your way through some gotarded timehold variant because you saw Sakuraba or someone do it before.

But then again, you're a cop, being an uncontrolled, bullying prick is part of your job description.
    Dude, c'mon man, drop those childish antics. Grow up a little, stop insulting people you don't know and just stick to the subject (is Hatmaker == teh suck ??//?)

Quote Originally Posted by Cracky
    We call that crappling.
    I'd agree with you if by that you mean that the system in question relies on/is based upon muscling the way into subs that pop in and can't be reliably duplicated. Or do you have objections, in general, on incidentally taking an opportunity and force a sub? Honest question bro.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

I'm not witty enough for this custom title.

Posted On:
    3/09/2008 3:48pm

Style: In Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey
    New topic: Mark Hatmaker: NAZI?
    Leave it to a leftie to call anything not conforming to their worldview racist.

I have three Hatmaker books, the boxing, takedowns, and submission wrestling ones.

From the standpoint of a wrestler, I was not very impressed with his takedown book. The takedowns could maybe work in an MMA match but not against a competent grappler in a grappling match. You're much better buying a wrestling book for no-gi takedowns.

As for the submission wrestling book, I wasn't too impressed either though it seemed better in quality than the takedown book. The sub. wrestling one has some odd subs that I assume are from catch, that look pretty shitty, IMO. I mean, who are you gonna submit with a neck crank from inside their guard?

I can't comment on the boxing book since I've never done any good striking for over a month, but from my limited knowledge, it looked good.

I'm not witty enough for this custom title.

Posted On:
    3/09/2008 3:55pm

Style: In Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee cop
    Im a cop, but I like to think im a good one.
    where have I come off as a "bullying prick" in my posts?
    Don't you know?

According to Hedge, you're an active part of the reactionary, racist, bourgeoisie institution known as the United States government. You're no better than Saddam Hussein, Osama bin Laden, Hitler, Stalin, or Pol Pot.

Even though you're just a police officer, you surely ooze with racism and hatred against the lower classes that are oh-so-oppressed by the evil corporate war mongers controlling America.

Welcome to left-anarchist thought.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2008 5:03pm

Style: Censorship

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, here's an honest question. If a submission hold is something that you couldn't use against and experienced grappler, does that mean that you still can't use if for self defense? I mean the chances of getting into a fight w/ a black belt in BJJ or a NCAA champion wrestling is slim. Some drunk guy at a bar probably wouldn't know how to get out of some very basic types of grappling techniques.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    3/09/2008 5:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyForum
    OK, here's an honest question. If a submission hold is something that you couldn't use against and experienced grappler, does that mean that you still can't use if for self defense? I mean the chances of getting into a fight w/ a black belt in BJJ or a NCAA champion wrestling is slim. Some drunk guy at a bar probably wouldn't know how to get out of some very basic types of grappling techniques.
    But who are you going to train the if not expirenced grapplers, drunk guys at bars? Maybe if you're Tank Abbot. But why would you want to learn these types of moves in the first place? Why not learn something that is much more effective and high percentage?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2008 5:43pm

Style: Censorship

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamataz
    But who are you going to train the if not expirenced grapplers, drunk guys at bars? Maybe if you're Tank Abbot. But why would you want to learn these types of moves in the first place? Why not learn something that is much more effective and high percentage?
    Good point.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    3/09/2008 6:01pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee cop
    the photo shown is one of those techniques you would never be able to set up on purpose, but could pop out of nowhere, just by chance and circumstance.
    Having tried it, the only way it would seem to work is if you willingly gave up multiple solid submissions first.

Or you were grappling a corpse. Guess it depends on your hobbies.
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast