Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    4/23/2008 8:41am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For once Macho's reading comprehension has failed. Please reference the bolded text for the answer to your inquiry Macho.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy
    Actually, I have some actual factual information:

Boxing: Chris Yeanos

Wrestling: G.W. Goins and Nathan Mount

I emailed him and plainly asked for his credentials, and he responded. Very nice, classy dude. Here's the full email:

Thanks for your interest and btw--please call me, Mark; we're all just students in this game.
    As for Chinese MA, I'm a huge fan of Chin Na, my knowledge elsewhere is a little muddy sorry about that.
    My background is simply boxing and wrestling (started boxing with Chris Yeanos and wrestling with G.W. Goins and continued with Nathan Mount) any good that I have can be credited to them all the rest is my own fault.
    Please let me know if I can do anything else for you; you have a great day my friend,
    Mark Hatmaker

Posted On:
    4/23/2008 9:00am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    There is a review of his books by Matt Thornton in sherdog:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/archiv.../t-319362.html
    Note that this is not the Matt Thornton of SBGi fame, but another Matt Thornton.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showth...3#post22413163

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/23/2008 12:30pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon
    For once Macho's reading comprehension has failed. Please reference the bolded text for the answer to your inquiry Macho.
    Damn, I guess I jumped the gun on that one.

It is great that we see some concrete answers. That should answer many, many questions.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    4/23/2008 12:43pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    That should answer many, many questions.
    Or none at all.
    At least given the first page of a google search using either name, which is about all I care to do.

Posted On:
    4/23/2008 1:06pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, The only references AT ALL to Chris Yeanos boxing or GW Goins wrestling are his page and this thread. Nathan Mount appears to be a teenaged wrestler based on the info I could find on him. Possibly in early college by now, but certainly not old enough to have been a wrestling coach for this guy. Now if this guy says he coached Mount then that's another thing.

Edit: found some more info on Mount, he was in 7th grade in 1996, which makes him 25-26 now. He apparently went to school and wrestled in Yakima Washington. That's all the info I could find on any Nathan Mount associated with Wrestling.
    Last edited by Kintanon; 4/23/2008 1:10pm at .

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    4/23/2008 1:17pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I seem to recall that some of Hatmaker's stuff was out as early as 2002, when Mount was still just around 20.

There are, of course, lots of guys coaching and training at a level where they wouldn't have a web presence.

Posted On:
    4/23/2008 1:21pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most accomplished wrestlers have some kind of web presence simply because the results of the tournaments are generally posted on the web by the schools involved. I think you can even find the results of Oglethorpe county (the county I went to school at) wrestling meets around on the web somewhere and it's as tiny and backward a county as you can find. So for his wrestling trainers/partners not to have some kind of web footprint is a bit odd.

I would have assumed that most boxing orgs would also have been listing match results online for the last decade or so, but perhaps I'm wrong.

Posted On:
    4/23/2008 2:03pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kung Fu, San Shou, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hatmaker's 44, I would imagine that when his coaches competed there wasn't colour TV, never mind results on the internet.
    The thing is, it's not like the guy's pretending to be something he's not. He says he's got a background in boxing and wrestling, and has developed his own system on that base through research and experimentation.

King of the Impossible

Posted On:
    4/23/2008 2:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Grapplomancer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd imagine that he started wrestling with G.W. Goins, who instructed him, and then trained with Mount. Trained as in sparring, experimenting, etc. That's just guesswork though. Should I come into some more free time, I'll have to research Goins and Yeanos.

Posted On:
    4/23/2008 8:31pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I had no idea how old hatmaker was, based on him supposedly training with Mount I was assuming he was in his late 20s or early 30s, and while I wouldn't expect to see his coaches/trainers with competition stats on the web I might expect them to be listed as peoples coaches/trainers.
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213 LastLast