Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/03/2008 8:29am

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLordHumungus
    The quote in your profile reads: Im gonna taze you, "bro"!!

While this may be a joke or trolling, There have been many instances of ppl being tazed unnecessarily. Including the case that quote references. And some of us don't believe that the authority granted a cop by our government excuses thuggish behavior.
    sense of humor much?

It says you're from Harrisburg, do you like asthma jokes? I live just north of SF, gay jokes anyone? hur har...
    Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/03/2008 1:10pm

Style: Wrestling, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh. So if you're from NY, surely we could make jokes about people burning to death in the World trade center. And my Polish family love Auschwitz-Birkenau jokes.
    No. Being one of those radical leftist/anarchists, I prefer jokes that rip down the powerful and entitled. Mocking homosexuals, sick people, minorities, and victims of state brutality may seem edgy because it isn't PC. To me It just seems in bad taste.

King of the Impossible

Posted On:
    4/03/2008 1:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Grapplomancer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What the **** does this have to do with Mark Hatmaker?

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/03/2008 1:25pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, take that **** to YMAS.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/03/2008 4:24pm

Style: Wrestling, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    Hey, take that **** to YMAS.
    Fair enough. Sorry.

King of the Impossible

Posted On:
    4/03/2008 6:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Grapplomancer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, I have some actual factual information:

Boxing: Chris Yeanos

Wrestling: G.W. Goins and Nathan Mount

I emailed him and plainly asked for his credentials, and he responded. Very nice, classy dude. Here's the full email:

Thanks for your interest and btw--please call me, Mark; we're all just students in this game.
    As for Chinese MA, I'm a huge fan of Chin Na, my knowledge elsewhere is a little muddy sorry about that.
    My background is simply boxing and wrestling (started boxing with Chris Yeanos and wrestling with G.W. Goins and continued with Nathan Mount) any good that I have can be credited to them all the rest is my own fault.
    Please let me know if I can do anything else for you; you have a great day my friend,
    Mark Hatmaker

Posted On:
    4/03/2008 7:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    funny how far a direct answer will go to dispell issues...good follow up there^BadGuy

Posted On:
    4/23/2008 8:06am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kung Fu, San Shou, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've got some of Mark's DVDs, and perhaps the most important thing to say about him is he is a REALLY good teacher. Also, as has just been shown, he is a super nice guy whenever you have to talk to him.
    As for his material. I really like his standup stuff. It's actually how I arrived at him in the first place. If you do TMA and you're looking for some live training material, it's really good. Because it contains a lot of eccentric striking etc it parrallels well with TMA. His takedown stuff, depends on what you want really. I practice both the knee down double leg and the diving tackle, they both have their pros and cons, and I use them both depending on the situation.
    His ground stuff is always going to be somewhat contentious, simply because it's clearly not BJJ. It works off a different paradigm. While he does show some pretty complicated stuff, it's always towards the end of the chain. He emphasises bread and butter techniques such as Kimura, americana, armbar RNC etc, then shows submissions which pop out while they're defending them, and then how to counter the counter to the counter and so on. He always cautions against chasing flambouyant stuff for it's own sake. It's more a case of you've got to have something when plan A and plan B have failed.
    I think it's a slightly flawed idea that stuff always falls away because it's no good. Especially in combat sports such as boxing and wrestling, where the evolution of technique is driven by the rules and equipment. Remember the triangle had all but disappeared from Judo.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    4/23/2008 8:16am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is great. Now, can you pitch in regarding who he has trained with, in boxing and wrestling? Who were his trainers, who did he trained under, and for how long?

We are not that much interested if he's a nice guy to be honest (not that it is not commendable), but we want to know his training background in detail. Something like this should be transparent IMO.

>> Remember the triangle had all but disappeared from Judo.

WHAT?
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    4/23/2008 8:21am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kung Fu, San Shou, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was done 4 posts back :confused:
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 111213 LastLast