Page 16 of 18 First ... 612131415161718 Last
  1. #151
    PointyShinyBurn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    4,216
    Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    I didn't think that shooto allowed any elbows?
    They don't. They merrily punch each other in the back of the head, though, just not right on the brain stem.

  2. #152
    UpaLumpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Descending into absurdity
    Posts
    6,977
    Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    J-Lau was posting here well before he was in the UFC and attended an early throwdown and used to post here a fair bit. Phrost also throws him some sponsorship money.

  3. #153
    mrblackmagic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    right behind you.
    Posts
    3,404
    Style
    yang taichi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    Cutting someone with an elbow in the forehead region, specifically for the purpose of blinding them with their own blood, is a perfectly valid strategy in MMA.
    Not arguing that. I talking about spiking the top of somebody's head to stop the fight for cut time.


    Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    Just because it violates your sense of sportsmanship doesn't mean it's a lousy tactic.
    I don't care about sportsmanship. I don't consider a TKO by bleeding all over the place a win if I a fighter is in otherwise good enough condition to continue. If I wanted to see people bleed, I'd watch a documentary on menstruation. I want to see a fight.
    Sumus extra manum tuam.

  4. #154
    Neildo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    6,045
    Style
    FBSD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    just watched it on youtube. joe dominated the first round, and probably could have escaped if he had more time before the ref stoppage. re-match!

    i especially enjoyed the part where joe showed the camera the back of his head with the big cut on it.
    :new_all_c

  5. #155
    The Question's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,593
    Style
    Striking/Grappling/Poking
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neildo
    just watched it on youtube. joe dominated the first round, and probably could have escaped if he had more time before the ref stoppage. re-match!

    i especially enjoyed the part where joe showed the camera the back of his head with the big cut on it.
    How the **** are you that biased? Did you miss the part where KFlo kicked him in the chest and J-Lau fell over? Did you miss the fact that Flo got more takedowns? Did you miss the leg kicks? Did you miss the fact that KenFlo dominated the striking? More time? More time for what?

    Did you even watch the fight?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

  6. #156
    JohnnyCache's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,536
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neildo
    just watched it on youtube. joe dominated the first round, and probably could have escaped if he had more time before the ref stoppage. re-match!

    i especially enjoyed the part where joe showed the camera the back of his head with the big cut on it.
    I gotta say here, as much as I love joe and all, they gave him almost too much time. He was still covering, but he was getting hit - he went from actively moving his head to avoid strikes to having his head bounced off the mat and that's when the ref finally stopped it.


  7. #157
    UpaLumpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Descending into absurdity
    Posts
    6,977
    Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question
    How the **** are you that biased? Did you miss the part where KFlo kicked him in the chest and J-Lau fell over? Did you miss the fact that Flo got more takedowns? Did you miss the leg kicks? Did you miss the fact that KenFlo dominated the striking? More time? More time for what?

    Did you even watch the fight?
    In the second half of the first round he was actually doing quite well and was the one pushing the pace and winning the takedown battle.

  8. #158
    The Question's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,593
    Style
    Striking/Grappling/Poking
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    In the second half of the first round he was actually doing quite well and was the one pushing the pace and winning the takedown battle.
    I think Kenny had more takedowns, but Joe got a reversal off one of Kenny's. And then there were the leg lock attempts and Joe had dominant position for a bit. But by no means did Joe dominate the first round.

    This senseless nutriding is degrading to us all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

  9. #159

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    184
    Style
    crappling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question
    This senseless nutriding is degrading to us all.
    I agree. The perch you've claimed on kenny florian's sack is pretty degrading.

  10. #160
    The Question's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,593
    Style
    Striking/Grappling/Poking
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaii
    I agree. The perch you've claimed on kenny florian's sack is pretty degrading.
    Zing!, ************.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Page 16 of 18 First ... 612131415161718 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO