Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    4/03/2008 7:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    I didn't think that shooto allowed any elbows?
    They don't. They merrily punch each other in the back of the head, though, just not right on the brain stem.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    4/03/2008 7:25pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    J-Lau was posting here well before he was in the UFC and attended an early throwdown and used to post here a fair bit. Phrost also throws him some sponsorship money.

My pleasure.

Posted On:
    4/04/2008 12:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: yang taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    Cutting someone with an elbow in the forehead region, specifically for the purpose of blinding them with their own blood, is a perfectly valid strategy in MMA.
    Not arguing that. I talking about spiking the top of somebody's head to stop the fight for cut time.

Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    Just because it violates your sense of sportsmanship doesn't mean it's a lousy tactic.
    I don't care about sportsmanship. I don't consider a TKO by bleeding all over the place a win if I a fighter is in otherwise good enough condition to continue. If I wanted to see people bleed, I'd watch a documentary on menstruation. I want to see a fight.
    Sumus extra manum tuam.

Posted On:
    4/04/2008 1:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    just watched it on youtube. joe dominated the first round, and probably could have escaped if he had more time before the ref stoppage. re-match!

i especially enjoyed the part where joe showed the camera the back of his head with the big cut on it.
    :new_all_c

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    4/04/2008 1:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neildo
    just watched it on youtube. joe dominated the first round, and probably could have escaped if he had more time before the ref stoppage. re-match!

i especially enjoyed the part where joe showed the camera the back of his head with the big cut on it.
    How the **** are you that biased? Did you miss the part where KFlo kicked him in the chest and J-Lau fell over? Did you miss the fact that Flo got more takedowns? Did you miss the leg kicks? Did you miss the fact that KenFlo dominated the striking? More time? More time for what?

Did you even watch the fight?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    4/04/2008 1:23pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neildo

I gotta say here, as much as I love joe and all, they gave him almost too much time. He was still covering, but he was getting hit - he went from actively moving his head to avoid strikes to having his head bounced off the mat and that's when the ref finally stopped it.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    4/04/2008 1:50pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question
    How the **** are you that biased? Did you miss the part where KFlo kicked him in the chest and J-Lau fell over? Did you miss the fact that Flo got more takedowns? Did you miss the leg kicks? Did you miss the fact that KenFlo dominated the striking? More time? More time for what?

Did you even watch the fight?
    In the second half of the first round he was actually doing quite well and was the one pushing the pace and winning the takedown battle.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    4/04/2008 1:52pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    In the second half of the first round he was actually doing quite well and was the one pushing the pace and winning the takedown battle.
    I think Kenny had more takedowns, but Joe got a reversal off one of Kenny's. And then there were the leg lock attempts and Joe had dominant position for a bit. But by no means did Joe dominate the first round.

This senseless nutriding is degrading to us all.
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2008 3:09pm

Style: crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question
    This senseless nutriding is degrading to us all.
    I agree. The perch you've claimed on kenny florian's sack is pretty degrading.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    4/04/2008 3:12pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaii
    I agree. The perch you've claimed on kenny florian's sack is pretty degrading.
    Zing!, ************.