Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 6789 LastLast

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/14/2008 8:50pm

Style: JJ/Freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohan
    This is obviously in Great Britain, which is the international capital of lame ass insults.
    My dear fellow - you have obviously never worked in a warehouse or a builder's yard in Sunny old England.
    It has often been know for the British birck layer or 'brickie' as they're known in the vernacular to actualy have to find more creative swear words - as the others have got used up...

A few quotes I have had the dubious pleasure of hearing:

'what total twat-fisted fuckwit did that?'

'Oi **** for brains I said the other fucking pallet!'

'you cluess fucking cock-jockey'

'you fucking dirty trout-sniffer!'

'Oi - YOU, yes! you - you spastic fucking **** sucker'

'hello ****-features, your mom's a crap shag'

in the grand scale of things - the word wanker is usually used to underline a previous point and is not much of an insult on it's own...

A case in point:

He's a total brain-dead wanker.'

no, he didn't fix it - the useless fucking wanker'

note the last one also has a nice ironic contradiction within it also...

as generally speaking, a wanker wouldn't be fucking due to the definition of a 'wank'

Also, it's more often used to describe the state of something none to positively...

This PC's a big pile of wank.

Bastard machine - what a sack of fucking wank. Again, please note the ironic and somewhat confusing cotradiction there.

wanking spanners, for example are also known as 'hands'

hope this little bit from swearing the English 101 helps.

:icon_scra

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/15/2008 7:09am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, judging by the evidence you've provided, I wouldn't say that your blue-collar workers are truly creative. I'd just say they have too much time on their hands and they just take whatever word comes to mind. Those examples kinda looked like someone saying, "Hey, you turtle-stopsign-horseshoe-closet-DUNKADUNKADUNKA!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2008 8:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastly Sensei
    Actually, judging by the evidence you've provided, I wouldn't say that your blue-collar workers are truly creative. I'd just say they have too much time on their hands and they just take whatever word comes to mind. Those examples kinda looked like someone saying, "Hey, you turtle-stopsign-horseshoe-closet-DUNKADUNKADUNKA!"
    More evidence from the jury M'lord.....

Click here

Please note - the above link is not work safe, but very funny.

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 4:45am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant108
    How do you think she is in the sack?

She probably gives good head. hahaha.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 8:07am

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hairy
    I never understood how being called a wanker would be in anyway offensive, I mean, has anyone never wanked before?

Well, those major ass-pussies over on MAP (sad, uninteresting little bunch of wankers that they are) banned me for calling a cum-sucking, ass shaving asshole a wanker! I actually thought I was being restrained and delicate by using that word to express my chagrin with his stupidity.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 8:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant108
    How do you think she is in the sack?

Maybe he likes her to talk dirty.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 8:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarquis
    My dear fellow - you have obviously never worked in a warehouse or a builder's yard in Sunny old England.
    It has often been know for the British birck layer or 'brickie' as they're known in the vernacular to actualy have to find more creative swear words - as the others have got used up...

A few quotes I have had the dubious pleasure of hearing:

'what total twat-fisted fuckwit did that?'

'Oi **** for brains I said the other fucking pallet!'

'you cluess fucking cock-jockey'

'you fucking dirty trout-sniffer!'

'Oi - YOU, yes! you - you spastic fucking **** sucker'

'hello ****-features, your mom's a crap shag'

in the grand scale of things - the word wanker is usually used to underline a previous point and is not much of an insult on it's own...

A case in point:

He's a total brain-dead wanker.'

no, he didn't fix it - the useless fucking wanker'

note the last one also has a nice ironic contradiction within it also...

as generally speaking, a wanker wouldn't be fucking due to the definition of a 'wank'

Also, it's more often used to describe the state of something none to positively...

This PC's a big pile of wank.

Bastard machine - what a sack of fucking wank. Again, please note the ironic and somewhat confusing cotradiction there.

wanking spanners, for example are also known as 'hands'

hope this little bit from swearing the English 101 helps.

:icon_scra

OMG!!! I have printed a personal copy. Since we teach many kids, I will give each a number and then give each wanker instructor a copy. Then I can just shout, "Oi..Mr. Jones, number 8".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2008 11:36am

Style: Sub. grappling/kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't trust the media.
    Crazy headbutt lady probably had her own side of the story too, which we'll never get to hear. Broken-nose guy might've been a complete asswipe, for all we know, he just didn't get caught doing whatever it was that provoked this fight. But the media loves the "make martial arts look bad by repeatedly holding up examples of martial artists with anger management problems" angle.
    Lame.

Posted On:
    3/17/2008 12:56pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Fencing, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^ agreed. i'm a bit more concerned with the image of martial arts in this particular case. Do people get sued/accused of felonies/assaults when it happens in sports? I'm thinking of that huge NBA fight that broke out some time ago...did the NBA just fine them or did they get charges pressed against them?

also, if this was a soccer game and not a karate tournament, mebbe they'd be a bit harder on her?

--matt

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 6:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eansamli
    I don't trust the media.
    Crazy headbutt lady probably had her own side of the story too, which we'll never get to hear. Broken-nose guy might've been a complete asswipe, for all we know, he just didn't get caught doing whatever it was that provoked this fight. But the media loves the "make martial arts look bad by repeatedly holding up examples of martial artists with anger management problems" angle.
    Lame.
    Of course, the point could be argued that MA techniques are usually better executed (and more effective) when not foaming at the mouth with rage, anger and painlust.
    I've seen fights occur where one person is loosing the plot totally and waving arms about like a windmill in a gale... the guy who was in his sights was the exact oppsite...
    Calm, focused and collected.

I'll leave you to work out who walked away with fewer injuries and dammage to their person...

That said.... You have raised a very valid point about the perception of MA in the media though...

It is either seen as something eccentic folks do to keep fit and they have a story about some Karate school helping to smash down an eyesore old building due for demolition with their bare hands and feet in the local news...
    Or, there's a case of some psycho larper with a live blade sword (like a nynjaz!) pressure testing it with innocent bystander's heads at the local market...

I would like to add, that both of the above stories have been broadcast on the local TV news where I used to live... will see if there's any footage of it on youtube (but I doubt it we're talking over two decades since I saw this **** - but I will have a look (back in the day when VHS video systems were expensive and considered the best thing going so yeah proper old school).

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 6789 LastLast