Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 1:02pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've trained at several different schools to learn submission wrestling, the combat jiu jitsu program that I the black belt is for was where I first learned and it was a paid for class run by Gunnery Seargent Rodriguez when I was in Jacksonvillesome include Chris Ditroia from Real Combat near wilkes-barre,pa, eric hibler, rob guarino from team rhino and several others plus studying and practicing on my own, I tried to learn from as many as possible..

And like I said I wasn't sure which forum my kids were brought up, I see that is wasn't this one so I apologize...

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 2:24pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr. Geraci, you are ignoring most of the pertinent questions unfortunately.

Add this one...Can you provide Gunnery Seargent Rodriguez's full name, the dates you were stationed in Jacksonville, exactly what base he was teaching at, and when/how long you trained with him. Do you have any kind of certification you can scan and post documenting your Black Belt from him?

What was the extent of your training with Chris Ditrois, Rob Guarino, and Eric Hilber?

Also, you have completely ignored the questions about your website, who wrote the copy for your designer, and where the info in the copy came from. Can you honestly expect people to believe that you had no idea what was on your own school's website??

I understand about the gi and the black belt confusion. But, it was still a questionable/bad call on your part. Live and learn.

Also, you have not answered any of the specific questions about your time in the marines. If you scan and post some proof of your time in, injuries, etc...it will be greatly appreciated.

Lastly, what are your thoughts about Frodo, the guy who went to your club and found that your students thought you were a black belt in BJJ?
    Last edited by sambosteve; 3/20/2008 2:26pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 2:33pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interestingly enough, I can't find any information regarding anyone named Rodriguez outside of Central America, much less a Gunnery Sergeant, teaching Combat Jiu Jitsu.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 2:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have some contacts in the USMC who may be able to help me out...

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 2:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have contacted Rob Guarino (whom I know) to confirm Geraci trained there and under what circumstances.

Chris DiTroia/Real Combat's website has Geraci's picture in there, so I assume he did train there. For how long and under what circumstances, I do not know. My Battle of Brooklyn partner knows Chris and I wrote to him to ask about when and for how long Geraci trained there.

I have also contacted my USMC buddy to see what I can find out about GS Rodriquez.

I wrote to Hibler as well...
    Last edited by sambosteve; 3/22/2008 12:50am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 3:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know a couple guys who are posted at Lejune, I'll add my inquiries to your's, Steve.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 3:57pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys are real sleuths! Nice work and I must hand it to Mt. Geraci for coming on here to clear up this confusion. Cheers to you, sir.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 4:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got a reply from Chris DiTroia. All I can say is...wow!
    I have asked Mr. DiTroia's permission to post his actual e-mail, but here is a summary until then...

Geraci trained with DiTroia about a total of 5 times. He fought 1 time under DiTroia's school name as a favor to a fight promoter...and a second time which was a "total disaster". DiTroia cornered him in the second fight because Geraci apparently had nobody to corner him. Ditroia happened to be at that fight for another fighter. At that time Geraci was training with Eric Hibler, who DiTroia speculates (but can't say for sure) Geraci trained with for less than a year total. After that second fight, DiTroia told Geraci he was not welcome at his gym any longer.

In summary DiTroia stated that Geraci is a "pathological liar" and "was caught in many lies". DiTroia also stated that he has never given Geraci any rank and that he knew just by training with him that Geraci's stated martial arts background was false.

I must say that DiTroia was not angry, but sounded more concerned in that he believes Geraci simply can't help himself when it comes to lying and has a real problem.

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 4:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by khristian
    I've trained at several different schools to learn submission wrestling, the combat jiu jitsu program that I the black belt is for was where I first learned.....

So you did get a black belt in Combat Jiu jitsu while in the military? They taught grappling, right?

Maybe he just thought that he was a BB in BJJ? I mean he got a BB in a grappling based system so he just thought it was similar? Stupid I know but who knows.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 4:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LI GUY 1
    So you did get a black belt in Combat Jiu jitsu while in the military? They taught grappling, right?

Maybe he just thought that he was a BB in BJJ? I mean he got a BB in a grappling based system so he just thought it was similar? Stupid I know but who knows.
    I don't think so....
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast