Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 6:31pm

Style: Capoeira Angola

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LI GUY 1
    How do you screenshot?
    If you're on a PC, hit the printscreen button. I'm not sure how to do this on a mac (which is, paradoxically what I use). You can also print from the browser and choose PDF and it will save the page as a PDF file. This is a PDF of google's cached image of the site where it still has BJJ Blackbelt listed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Iron City Mixed Martial Arts - Training.pdf  

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 7:15pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks I figured it out. Have to hit the "Fn" function key first on my laptop.
    Last edited by LI GUY 1; 3/19/2008 7:26pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 9:36pm

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	geraci.pdf 
Views:	215 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	8886

When were you in the spec ops Kristian??

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 9:30am

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showth...=750246&page=2

A friend's response to Khristian:
    [bracketed notes added by me]
    Khristian claims that this was all a misunderstanding. He claims this all happened while he was on vacation. He says that he never claimed to be a BJJ black belt and that it was simply an error on the part of a third party web developer. Khristian says he was never aware his web site said this at all.

Of course, this explanation is a lie and makes no sense. It can be proven wrong by three things:

1. Frodo [guy in the linked vid on page 1 grappling with Geraci. Frodo=legit purple with good competitive record] called and spoke to him personally at his school. He asked him if he was a BJJ black belt. Khristian Geraci answered that indeed he was.

2. Frodo personally went to his school about a week later. Khristian's students themselves attested to the fact that he claimed to be a BJJ black belt. When told by Frodo that he was not, some of them were in shock and offered to show Frodo his actual black belt as proof of his BJJ rank.

3. It's just not plausible that the head instructor at a school would pay someone to create a website for advertising and then not review the website himself EVEN ONE TIME. Even if that were a believable story, it would still be gross negligence on the part of the instructor to not even once check the information on his own website.
    [I like Balto, but I personally think this is a plausible if stupid explanation. Non-internet savvy people can and do do things this dumb]

Also, one of Khristian's former students posted a reply on another forum. He stated that he trained with Khristian for a few months and that during that entire period, Khristian regularly wore and claimed to be a BJJ black belt.

So the summary of Khristian Geraci's response to this situation is that he continues to destroy what minimal (if any) credibility he has left in the martial arts community.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Personally, I have nothing against Geraci, and I applaud his willingness to confront this issue directly. However, I find it extremely difficult to reconcile his explanation with the responses of his own students, in his own gym.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 11:57am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First of all, we've only had 5 students leave our school since we first opened and the supposed student talking trash is yet will not disclose who he is yet a lot of you are willing to just believe what he says. The simple fact of the matter is I had no reason to lie about anything because I do not use the school to make money. I have my tanning salon and fitness center for that. I don't even fight for the money. I fight because I love the sport. You can talk to anyone of my students and they will tell you that I have never used the school to try and make money. I do anything I can for them including when one of them and their family had nowhere to live, I used my rent money to get them a hotel for 10 days so they could try to get things straightened out. I see how the wrong information on the website has made you all feel and you have a right to feel that way. I also see how the picture and the gi looks to you all, but that was not my intention. I just happen to like the gameness gi's. I'm not familiar with all of the BJJ traditions so I did not realize I would be offending or misleading anyone with the gi. I apologize for leaving the wrong impression. As for the website, yes I've seen it, but no I never payed much attention to it. I didn't even know there were fighter profiles up until I was informed about this thread. I am not trying to make a profit on the gym. I only wanted to give people who wanted to train MMA and were not happy with other schools to remain nameless here in Pgh. an opportunity to train. I've never tried to get any glory or credit from anything dealing with the school. I love teaching, I'm actually pretty good at it and I love MMA. To anyone that was offended by the misinformation I apologize, but I'm done sitting here watching people bash me. I've explained everything that has anything to do with the school and I've made sure that the web-host has removed any references to BJJ. I'm done with the situation I wish you all the best and to those few of you who handled the matter in a respectful manner I thank you.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 12:02pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have no ill will towards anyone, except one, I have 4 children that mean the world to me and on one of these forums someone made an accusation whether it was in jest or not does not matter, that person knows who they are and out of respect to my children who have nothing to do with ANY of this I would appreciate if you would explain yourself!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 12:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We aren't bashing you, merely asking for clarification. That you are unwilling (or unable) to provide information that can be verified to support your claims indicates that you aren't as up front as you claim to be.

No one's impugning how you treat your students or your general overall character, but that you are 'unaware of BJJ traditions' should be a sign that maybe should study some before you try to teach it.

P.S. No one even mentioned your kids before you did.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 12:41pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Someone in one of the forums did mention my kids, I just wasn't sure which one.... I do not claim to teach BJJ, but I do teach submission grappling for MMA and do well at it. I have a pretty good knowledge of submissions and I am a much better teacher than a fighter. Again, I came here to deny the claims of a BJJ BB and apologize to anyone who was offended!!!!

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 12:49pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by khristian
    I have no ill will towards anyone, except one, I have 4 children that mean the world to me and on one of these forums someone made an accusation whether it was in jest or not does not matter, that person knows who they are and out of respect to my children who have nothing to do with ANY of this I would appreciate if you would explain yourself!
    What accusation, you need to be clear?

We have a screen capture and a picture showing you claimed a BJJ Black Belt.
    We have a person that rolled with your students and they claimed you were a black belt.
    We have someone who spoke to you on the phone and claimed you stated you were a black belt.

No one is bashing minus the one person that said you lied. That is an opinion and unfortunately, it looks that way.

It may be a misunderstanding and that is fine, at least it seems to be getting cleared up. Please don't steer this towards your children. If that is a problem, on another website please, adress it on that website.

I have yet to see anything here that means, you need to insert your children into this mess.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/20/2008 12:53pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kristian, again, props for coming on here and explaining things.

Quick question for you. I'm curious how long you've been training submission wrestling for and who taught you. Even though you may not be a BJJ black belt, it doesn't mean you're unqualified to teach grappling. I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt since you seem to be trying to clear the air, but that information would be nice.
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast