Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 4:44pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The people from FTP are people that I distanced myself from because of the B.S. they were doing. Which is why I opened my own school and they are going to jail. Whatever they put up I can't speak for. I was spec ops in the USMC and I did compete in golden gloves, but did not win it. Again, I don't get involved in things like web-sites, advertising, etc... I don't have that kind of time. I have a family with 4 children, the school, a tanning salon/fitness center to try and run. I leave all that to other people, but like I said, I guess I'm going to have to make time to oversee that as well to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again.

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 4:51pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good idea. People will inflate your resume and think nothing of it especially if they do not know the sport.

Even if he didn't win Golden Gloves he is a pro boxer and pro MMA fighter.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 4:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Agreed LI Guy 1. And, again, Khristian, we appreciate you coming on here and clearing the air. Though it may seem like we are attacking you, we're actually attacking misinformation. And it seems that in this case, you may be a victim of misinformation as well.

Nice to see someone respond and take charge.

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 4:59pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    khristan: I see you guys compete in NJ and OH. Would you and your team compete in NY area.

I am on now if you have AIM: mightywhitetrash

jamesfunaro@yahoo.com

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 5:02pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My guys are game to compete anywhere... and I appreciate the professional manner that some of you have handled the situation!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 5:03pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have go for now, but I will be on again tomorrow if anyone has any additional questions.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 5:07pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by khristian
    I have go for now, but I will be on again tomorrow if anyone has any additional questions.
    Thank you for your responses Mr. Geraci. I'm not entirely convinced you're blameless, but the fact that you seem to be confronting these accusations head-on reflects well upon you.

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 5:15pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Khristian,

If you aren't the BJJ Instructor at Iron City MMA, who promoted the guys in the BJJ class? Thanks.
    P.S. Also why are you wearing a BB in this photo?
    Last edited by codemonkey76; 3/19/2008 5:29pm at .

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 5:49pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr. Geraci,

First, props for coming here and trying to clear things up.

Second, I want to say that I do not know you and have no personal beef with you. I was originally told about this thread when sambo was mentioned. I have spoken with Jeremy about the thread, but there is not much to add here in that regard. He can comment if he so decides.

But, I have to comment on a few things...

You say:

I do nat handle anything with the marketing/advertising for the school including the website. I'm no good with computers and I have other things I have to attend to.
    Even if we give you the benefit of the doubt in that this is a huge misunderstanding and fault of your web designer, as a school owner, you have the responsibility of knowing and controlling what is on your website. I would argue that this is one of the most important things you can do for your business as it is how EVERYONE out there will see you. I run two websites and I don't do any of the programming, design, etc. However, every word that goes up on my sites is written by me and approved by me after it is up.

So, my question is, if you do not run the website, who wrote the copy which appeared and who told them what to write? This info had to come from somewhere. In all honesty, as a school owner myself, I find your excuse difficult to believe. Even if you did not know what was up on your site, people surely contacted you based on what was up there. People call me all the time asking about my club, my own background, and what is posted on my school website.

Regarding the phone calls to your school, what people claim they were told, and comments from those who claim to have been there, at this point it is your word against theirs. But, they could easily change this if they show phone bills with your number and own up to who they are if they claimed to have trained there...or show reciepts from you, contracts for training, etc. The burden of proof is on them HOWEVER, these kinds of claims don't generally come from nowhere...and people don't generally pull out specific names (of your supposed instructors) like they have in this case.

Regarding your picture with the BJJ gi and black belt on, you may have never said you were a black belt but, that image is very misleading...by not clearly stating what your ranks are and in what arts, people will view that picture and assume BJJ balck belt. So, what system to have have a black belt in?

I also had a question about your time in the marines. This should be easy to verify with dates, names, places, etc. You could probably scan and post your discharge papers (or whatever you guys get when you leave the service that documents you tours of duty). You did mention in an e-mail posted on the other forum threrad that you were discharged because you were wounded. What is the story behind that. That should be easy to verify for everyone. Every serviceman I know has pictures to show as well.

Regarding your mma record, we all know that records are not well managed, can be padded, fiddled with, whatever. So, I never really care that much about records.

In the end, I think most of these allegations could be washed away if you provide the appropriate proof...which seems easy enough to do on your part. After all, your name is at stake. I know I would if I were being questioned like this.

Again, props for coming here and posting, but I think you need to do more to clear your name...if you choose to.

(I posted this over at the JJGear forum as well)
    Last edited by sambosteve; 3/19/2008 5:52pm at .

Posted On:
    3/19/2008 6:07pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: NONE

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by khristian
    The people from FTP are people that I distanced myself from because of the B.S. they were doing. Which is why I opened my own school and they are going to jail. Whatever they put up I can't speak for. I was spec ops in the USMC and I did compete in golden gloves, but did not win it. Again, I don't get involved in things like web-sites, advertising, etc... I don't have that kind of time. I have a family with 4 children, the school, a tanning salon/fitness center to try and run. I leave all that to other people, but like I said, I guess I'm going to have to make time to oversee that as well to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again.
    Never once has FTP posted anything negative about you. So get your facts straight
    before tossing up accusations. All they did was clarify that you & FTP were no longer
    associated.
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast