Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/23/2008 11:41am

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danielson
    PS~ This is by far the worst podcast I have ever listened to in any genre.
    My opinion exactly. That podcast represents 21 minutes of my life I'll never get back. I'm gonna see if I can pin down his father's name.

Posted On:
    3/23/2008 12:33pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When you do, I'll contact Steve Robinson for the check.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    3/23/2008 12:58pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapsymaxi
    Yea...

I'm surprised being on the "Tapoout" show hadn't been brought up yet..

He claimed he was a 17-1 boxer, and while Sherdog's database for MMA is reasonably accurate, Boxrec is very accurate for boxing...

http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php...2896&cat=boxer

Contrary to his defense here, and I can't guarantee it since I haven't seen it in awhile, I think he did claim he won Golden Gloves on the show...

Max
    We have discussed Tapout (not in depth). He was in fact, on the show. I posted a bit earlier in the thread if anyone knew where to view that episode on line. I have searched but, I can't find it anywhere. He fought (and lost to) Matt "Sunshine" Fiordirosa.

Andrewa, Yes, that postcast in HORRIBLE...what kind of boring interview style is that??
    He mentions a few fights of his on the podcast as well. Those should be fairly easy to verify.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/23/2008 1:06pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good Lord.

That was a little rough.

At least I learned how to pronounce his name.
    Geraci (jer racy).

Training all of his life, BJJ MT and Boxing. When he got back from the Military he started doing MMA. MMA is used as Military training Now so he was ahead of the game????

Podcast Claims that need to be checked:
    Father was a former US Navy Seal and started training him since 4.
    First Professional MMA Fighter from Pittsburgh, to make it on National Television.
    Adds that he had a Pro Boxing match the week before.
    He is a Sensei. Yes, not a coach not an instructor a Sensei.
    Find the Tapout episode.
    Matt Federosa (spelling?) is who he fought on Tapout the Series.

We need to dig into this a little more:
    FTP Fighting Systems.
    http://unlimitedfightnews.com/wordpress/?p=346
    FTP Fighting Systems.
    http://www.ftpfightingsystems.com/

Interesting I wonder what REALLY happened for him to become part of Iron City MMA? I know it is kind of addressed but, a few month later, after the press release, we have a ton of animosity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khristian
    Which is why I opened my own school and they are going to jail. Whatever they put up I can't speak for.
    We need to find out why he is claiming they are going to jail.

Many Many cliches. Many Many cliches. Wow.

What I did find funny was he never claims any classical training but, he is a Sensei on the podcast not a coach. It was funny because he says MMA this MMA that immediately after saying he is a Sensei.

Posted On:
    3/23/2008 2:55pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He is on episode 7 of season 1 of the tapout show. episode is called Sunshine.
    And yes he clains to be a pro boxer with a 17-1 record with 17 knockouts. He looks stiff and clumsy on his feet, and his groundgame is nowhere near the skill of a BB in BJJ. He is basically just hanging on and trying to avoid getting hit. He is not mobile or trying to set up something. This boy Sunshine is really just a good wrestler who transisioned to MMA. Meaning if Khristian was as valid a BB as he claims he would have no trouble and atleast not seem like a striker on the ground. Flat, stiff and just hanging on for his life.

This is far from a top level fight or event, so you would think a BB in BJJ atleast would obtain guard, go for a takedown or atleast show any signs of grappling experience. Sunshine manhandled him on the ground, dont thing Geraci had guard one time. Sunshine had him in sidecontrol and halfguard most of the fight, mounted him at TKO`ed him with GNP. He is far from a BB just by watching the fight :P

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/23/2008 3:12pm

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dinpappa
    He is on episode 7 of season 1 of the tapout show. episode is called Sunshine.
    And yes he clains to be a pro boxer with a 17-1 record with 17 knockouts. He looks stiff and clumsy on his feet, and his groundgame is nowhere near the skill of a BB in BJJ. He is basically just hanging on and trying to avoid getting hit. He is not mobile or trying to set up something. This boy Sunshine is really just a good wrestler who transisioned to MMA. Meaning if Khristian was as valid a BB as he claims he would have no trouble and atleast not seem like a striker on the ground. Flat, stiff and just hanging on for his life.

This is far from a top level fight or event, so you would think a BB in BJJ atleast would obtain guard, go for a takedown or atleast show any signs of grappling experience. Sunshine manhandled him on the ground, dont thing Geraci had guard one time. Sunshine had him in sidecontrol and halfguard most of the fight, mounted him at TKO`ed him with GNP. He is far from a BB just by watching the fight :P

You seem to have access to a copy of the Episode. Is it available on line anywhere?

Posted On:
    3/23/2008 3:29pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by joecos
    You seem to have access to a copy of the Episode. Is it available on line anywhere?

I have not been able to find it anyplace public for either download or stream. I had it laying around since the show aired. I am new here (been reading since sifu milt wich was gold) so i dont know the rules regarding torrents and discussions. But it shouldnt be to hard to find it around places with a bit of mma stuff.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    3/23/2008 4:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have check all my "lees than proper" download sites and can't find tapout.

But, here is the episode description from Tapout's wiki page:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TapouT_(TV_series)

The crew meets fighter and coach Jeff Curran in Crystal Lake, Illinois, who introduces them to Matt "Sunshine" Fiordirosa. After watching Matt train and coach some young kids in wrestling, the crew overcomes RV trouble and rain delays to get to New Jersey for his bout with Khristian Geraci. Geraci catches Matt with a big shot to the face in round one but Matt rallies in round two to take Geraci to the ground and force a referee stoppage.
    Regarding his break with FTP, there have been posts about that on the JJG forum, but not much detail...other than confirming he is no longer with them. speculations of lawsuits and such. No detail though.

Yes, in the podcast he mentions BJJ, MT, and boxing as his background, but does not mention Combat JiuJitsu...which is what he now claims a black belt in, which he achieved while in the Marines. Then in the podcast he mentions his military duty and only MMA in regards to training he recieved there...no combat jiujitsu or Rodriguez. If this supposed Gunnery Sergeant Rodriguez gave him his black blet and formed much of his USMC martial arts training, don't you think he would mention him?? LOL...another clue that there is no Combat JiuJitsu instructor Rodriguez at Lejune.

He also mentions fighting a guy from ATT in the podcast. I have to go back and listen for the name...

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    3/23/2008 4:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is his pro MMA record as per sherdog:

Loss Jason Miknuk TKO IFBL - Fight Night 9 9/15/2007 2 2:20
    Loss Dwayne Shelton TKO CSC - Combat Sport Challenge 7/14/2007 1 1:25
    Loss Matt Fiordirosa TKO RF 15 - Reality Fighting 15 5/19/2007 2 1:33
    Win Joseph Spataro Submission (Triangle Choke) ROC 14 - Tournament Finals 4/27/2007 1 2:51
    Loss Shennan Maceo TKO ROC 13 - Ring of Combat 13 3/16/2007 1 2:11
    Loss Rob Guarino Submission (Guillotine Choke) RF 14 - Reality Fighting 14 11/18/2006 2 1:07
    Loss Anthony Montanaro Submission (Strikes) CITC 3 - Marked Territory 9/30/2006 2 1:04
    Loss Eddie Fyvie Submission (Triangle Choke) RF 13 - Battle at the Beach 8/5/2006 1 1:02
    Loss Andy Lukesh Decision RFC 1 - Rise Fighting Championships 1 7/8/2006 3
    NC Anthony Montanaro No Contest CITC 2 - Combat in the Cage 2 5/20/2006 N/A
    Loss Brian Mclaughlin Submission (Rear Naked Choke) SF 3 - Beatdown 4/22/2006 1 0:23
    Here is his FCF record:

Lose Brian McLaughlin Submission (Rear Naked Choke) 0:23 1 Sportfighting 3 4/22/2006
    NC Anthony Montanaro No Contest 0:00 Combat in the Cage 2 5/20/2006
    Lose Andy Lukesh TKO 1:57 1 Rise Fighting Championship 1 7/8/2006
    Lose Eddie Fyvie Submission (Triangle Choke) 1:02 1 Reality Fighting 13: Battle at the Beach 8/5/2006
    Lose Anthony Montanaro Submission (Injury) 1:04 2 Combat in the Cage 3 9/30/2006
    Lose Rob Guarino Submission (Guillotine Choke) 1:07 2 Reality Fighting 14: Fall Brawl 11/18/2006
    Lose Shennen Maceo TKO (Referee Stoppage from Strikes) 2:11 1 Ring of Combat 13 3/16/2007
    Win Joseph Spataro Submission (Triangle Choke) 2:56 1 Ring of Combat 14 4/27/2007
    Lose Matt Fiordirosa TKO 1:33 2 Reality Fighting 15 5/19/2007
    Lose Dwayne Shelton TKO 1:25 1 Combat Sports Challenge: 7/14/07 7/14/2007
    Lose Jason Miknuk TKO 2:30 2 International Fighting & Boxing League: Fight Night 9 9/15/2007
    Win Leon Tyree Submission (Triangle Choke) 0:49 1 No Escape the Cage 2/9/2008

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/23/2008 5:25pm

Style: 777

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is the link to his myspace page for those of you who have not seen it yet. Enjoy the super cool music. He has the video on his page of his triangle submission.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=23834032

Note under occupation and income it says nothing about the Tanning Salon.

Furthermore, I don't know how this could really be researched but I'm am calling BS on his name. I want to know who gave him that name and why. I would give 10 to 1 odds that he named himself.
    Last edited by danielson; 3/23/2008 5:30pm at .
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast