Page 2 of 12 First 123456 ... Last
    Such as thou art, sometime was I. supporting member
    Style
    Brazilian Jiujitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Djimbe,
    He didn't offer anything like a comprehensive review. So all I have to go on is the cover.

9Chambers,
    Stop being silly. That last post is exactly why I would never listen to any recommendation you make.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Style
    Shi Ja Quan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chin- na CAN be applied to ground fighting IF you KNOW who to ground fight from the start.

Style
    boxing/muy thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ronin:

who or how? or both?

i have a chin-na instructional dvd. i didn't get much from it at all. so good luck.
    the guy did make some amusing noises though.

Style
    Shi Ja Quan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chin-na has NO special locks or techniques, you will find every lock or chock from ANY jujutsu style in chin-na and vice-versa. So if the locks from jujutsu work in ground fighting, so does chin-na, since they are the same. What I said was IF you KNOW how to ground fight you CAN use chin-na, not if you know chin-na you KNOW how to ground fight, big difference.

Style
    boxing/muy thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the one serious criticism i would offer, with my very limited knowledge of chin-na, is that the many of the takedowns put the throwers knees into what i would consider awkward and exaggerated positions. maybe i am overly conscious of my knees, but for my body type and previous history of injuries executing these throw didn't seem worth the risk.

an example: while executing what i would call an arm drag type throw, the thrower would not let his feet turn more than a minimal amount and would then sink with his legs folded under him.

if anyone know more about chin-na and this is not the norm, please correct me.

Style
    Shi Ja Quan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can you post a pic of that?

Style
    bjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SIEZING is the most neglected part of training in MMA
    Oh dear, what do you mean by this? Do you mean clinch work? If so I think the likes of Randy Couture have got that down.

Oh and I know this is terribly cynical of me and that I should just accept their word but where is the footage of them using this Chin Na in actual competition.

Most books that teach siezing are going to do it Aikido style
    again i must say WTF!! get a greco or freestyle wrestling book and have fun SIEZING and slamming!!
    Last edited by commonsense; 11/13/2003 9:54am at .

Style
    boxing/muy thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    post a pic...

uh not sure how to do that from a dvd, but i would be more than happy to mail you the dvd.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well , Like I said , Im going to go see it myself , and if I like it , Ill keep it , if I dont , I wont . Skummer made the exact same Reccomendation , so I really dont see the Issue here . If I wanted "A Comprehensive Review" I could read any of the Dozens I have already found online , or look at Skummer's Topic .

Ronin :

There are more locks inQinna than in the Japanese systems , and the Japanese argue that its because there are only so many that they found useful , and the Chinese argue that its because its all that they would show the Japanese ... no , im not getting into that one .

Style
    Shi Ja Quan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There may be more VARIATIONS on locks, but not more Locks per se, how many ways are there to lock a wrist? elbow? thats what I meant.

Page 2 of 12 First 123456 ... Last