Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/05/2008 1:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega's Bitch
    True, I'd like to see him have some buildup matches, but...he's really the only good fight out there for Liddell, ATM.
    You don't think Chuck vs. Houston would be a good fight? Or (this is going to sound crazy, but hear me out) what if Chuck moves up to HW and challenges Nogueira? After all, Randy moved between LHW and HW, and it's not like Nog is a stranger to fighting smaller guys (fought Dan Henderson twice in Japan). And it's not like there is an enormous stable of guys for Nog to fight at HW....he's already beat Werdun, Gonzaga just lost, Mir needs at least one or two more tune up fights, Cro Cop is off in Japan, Kongo just lost, and Vera also just lost.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    3/05/2008 2:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That would be awesome if he fought Nog. Houston is the Kimbo of the LHWs and really ought to be at MW...and actually train.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    3/05/2008 2:40pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega's Bitch
    That would be awesome if he fought Nog. Houston is the Kimbo of the LHWs and really ought to be at MW...and actually train.
    Houston looks pretty ripped at 205. Do you think he can make the cut down to 185?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2008 3:21pm

Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's rough. Two ACL surgeries by the age of 26. Can someone enlighten me, is that one of those things that gets progressively worse and worse? Or does it heal well enough if you take the time?

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    3/05/2008 3:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Houston looks pretty ripped at 205. Do you think he can make the cut down to 185?
    I think he doesn't cut weight, ever.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2008 3:38pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theword
    That's rough. Two ACL surgeries by the age of 26. Can someone enlighten me, is that one of those things that gets progressively worse and worse? Or does it heal well enough if you take the time?
    Based on what I've seen and read about NFL guys, the issue is some guys can recover from them, some can't. A lot of it depends on the colateral cartilage damage - the more cartilage damage (which does not ever heal) the more likely that the injury will put them out of the sport.

The one common factor, and the concern for shogun, is when guys start having them back to back in the same leg - like Rua, they are done at competing at a high level. Its an indication that the damage is something their bodies just can't heal completely - either because of genetics or the nature of the tear is impossilbe to say. Recovery time can affect it, but even with proper recovery and all the therapy in the world, some tears and some guys with tears simply can't heal them up enough to continue as an elite competitor.

Posted On:
    3/05/2008 4:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    I find it ridiculous that you assert Rua is dodging Liddell.
    You're a putz.
    Hi Upa, let me introduce you to my friend, Sense of Humor. Sense of humor, this is Upa. I'll just let you two get better acquainted. Jesus Christ.

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    3/05/2008 4:37pm

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'd like to see chuck fight big nog, little nog, or anderson silva.

hmm... i wonder if franklin's nose is fixed yet...
    Last edited by pauli; 3/05/2008 4:39pm at .

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    3/05/2008 4:59pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Odacon
    Hi Upa, let me introduce you to my friend, Sense of Humor. Sense of humor, this is Upa. I'll just let you two get better acquainted. Jesus Christ.
    Humor implies something funny.

Posted On:
    3/05/2008 7:46pm

Style: Koryu Budo, Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli
    You don't think Chuck vs. Houston would be a good fight? Or (this is going to sound crazy, but hear me out) what if Chuck moves up to HW and challenges Nogueira? After all, Randy moved between LHW and HW, and it's not like Nog is a stranger to fighting smaller guys (fought Dan Henderson twice in Japan). And it's not like there is an enormous stable of guys for Nog to fight at HW....he's already beat Werdun, Gonzaga just lost, Mir needs at least one or two more tune up fights, Cro Cop is off in Japan, Kongo just lost, and Vera also just lost.
    I agree that moving up in weight (while it would be a risk for Chuck), would definately both mix up the HW division and bring excitement back for his next fight. Of course, any fight with Chuck brings an audience, but fighting Shogun was going to be a good one that may not be able to happen again for awhile. That or it might be intresting to let an up and comer have a go at him but that could either be very intresting or just lopsided.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast