Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2008 10:19am

Style: muaythai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Capital Jiu Jitsu

My experience at this school has been great so far. I've been attending Muay Thai classes at the Old Town Alexandria location regularly for the past couple of months and am loving them. Our instructor is competent and a model for the students to follow. The training is intense and everyone is left panting after each class. Sparring happens each and every class for those who choose. The equipment is sufficient but we could use more. The school says additional gear is coming due to the general expansion of the business.

I do not train Jiu Jitsu however since this is a Gracie network school, I would assume that the training is top notch. According to the schedule, there are beginner and advanced classes with sparring after each class.

On top of the MT and BJJ classes, there is a boxing class offered once a month at the Loudoun County location as well as Crossfit training sessions, She Safe, and the occasional Yoga seminar.

Finally, mat space is open for students to train at any time that the school is open.

Once in a while, the school brings instructors and fighters from all over the world to hold seminars as extra training. There are usually two sets of seminars. One that is free for all students of CJJ and one that costs a little extra. It allows students to get extra training in for no additional cost and promotes a sense of camaraderie amongst attendees.

Overall, I'd say that this is a great dojo and I would recommend it to anyone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mtseminar05.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	123.1 KB 
ID:	8847  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mtseminar06.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	171.0 KB 
ID:	8848  

Last edited by scorchedearth; 3/05/2008 10:26am at .